PDA

View Full Version : Overheating problem

munkfu
05-11-2007, 08:16 PM
Here's the setup:

V-mount with custom 3" rad
D1 Spec breather Tank bolted behind right headlamp (s13) at the same level as radiator cap was before the v-mount setup.

here's the problem:

When we snap the engine, at idle or on the road, the temp gauges begin to raise fast to the top, then fall down back to normal operate temp.

it happen from 4000rpm to rev limiter. When we depress the gas pedal then snap it back, the engine dont response. Like the ecu cut off the fuel when the temp is at top...

First, i thought it would be air bubble in the system, i tried everything to bleed it but its still happen...it look like to still have air bubble inside the cooling system.

Also, the outlet hoses (top) never look like to be pressurized, even at normal operate temp. I press it and i have a feeling it has nothing in it.

so, what should i try ?

Also, is there a special way to bleed it with breather tank ?

codyace
05-12-2007, 01:20 AM
No clue on the crazy radiator and such setup, but if a factory nissan ecu is reading higher temps, it will pull timing, and the engine will continue to run sluggish/not well.

munkfu
05-12-2007, 11:15 AM
well, its only not running well when he try to snap it back after letting the gas pedal when doing a pull. Otherwise its running very well...

SoSideways
05-12-2007, 12:43 PM
What is this snapping dealio that you speak of?

That the new lingo for "letting off the throttle" now?

If so, it's probably something to do with an open atmosphere BOV issue or something.

And if the upper rad hose feels to be empty and not hot and such, then you've probably got a blockage in the cooling system somewhere, and water isn't exiting the block.

Have you checked the thermostat to determine if it's a good unit or not?

munkfu
05-12-2007, 01:53 PM
sorry for this kind of explanation, im french and trying to figure out how to explain all this.

The thermostat is OK. Coolant sensor is OK.
About the BOV, I don't think it has anything to do with coolant temperature.

ill reexplain what it do;

When we go WOT to red line, the temperature snap to the top. It begin to raise at ~5000 rpm then keep raising till we reach the red line. When it reach the top of temperature, the ECU probably go in safe mode and cut off the fuel or fire...so we can't snap the throttle back to WOT, it want to died.

The car started to do this since it has V-Mount (i think, my friend don't remember). When I saw the V-mount setup, I noticed the radiator cap was below the head engine, so I installed a breather tank thinking I'll be able to get bubble air out of cooling system.

But the problem is still there...so thats why i went here to get help.

SoSideways
05-12-2007, 02:18 PM
Sounds like you guys never got all the air out of the system.

It would probably help if you took pictures of the setup and put them up here so that we can see if you guys had messed up somewhere along the line or something.