PDA

View Full Version : Hydraulic ebrake: Calling all drifters

Shift_Mike
05-28-2007, 08:49 PM
Ok here is the deal, i installed a CNC staging brake on my car, well turns out it wont lock the rears up, its got a 3/4 master cylinder, i bled it like a bia bia. Still no luck. Rear brakes are hawk pads and brembo rotors, calipers are stock, the cnc just is run inline with the rear brakes. It actually will lock them up, but it is a pain in the butt.

I called wilwood because i wanted one of thier cylinders, i talked with them a while, they end up giving me the phone number for rhys millen racing, i call them and talk to them a while. They said they were going to order me in a wilwood 5/8 master cylinder to use in place. Well they are taking forever this was two weeks ago and they still dont have my cylinder. Does anyone know the wilwood part number, or a place where i can get this cylinder. Thats all i want. Im still going to use my cnc handle, and im sure im going to have to fabricate a different bracket. Somone help me lol :caged: gotta go drifting friday night.

Shift_Mike
05-28-2007, 09:03 PM
http://www.hotrodsusa.com/store/product996.html
http://www.pitstopusa.com/detail.aspx?ID=62656

i think this is what i need.

Correct?

gunluvS14
05-28-2007, 10:59 PM
i think the smaller 5/8 MC will able to lock it up easier.

our SAE baja team and FSAE all use Wilwood master, let me dig up something and see what u can use.(parts # wise, not the actually unit :D )

jakerps13
05-29-2007, 12:41 AM
Unless you get something smaller than a 1/2'', those stock single pistons are going to be tough to lock up. I just installed a 5/8" k-sport handbrake with 2 piston z32 calipers and it's about the same effort as a stock e-brake on a stock car. I'd highly recommend replacing your calipers with something with more piston area.

Another car I put the k-sport handbrake was using 275/40 victoracers using a 3/4'' k-sport handbrake with stock FC3S 4 pistons in the rear. I was able to lock those up with good control and very easily.

My friend is having the same trouble you are with the 5/8'' cnc handbrake with stock calipers, he's just waiting to upgrade calipers.

turboslut
09-12-2007, 11:46 AM
Hey Jake...where did your source your ksport from....how about the lines? Any pics of your setup?

Also...I just recently found this. Anyone ever order anything from these guys? It even has pre made brake lines to fit an s13
http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/images/large/hydraulic-handbrake1.jpg
http://www.driftworks.com/catalog/products/driftworks-hydraulic-handbrake-normal-or-upright.html?osCsid=d8cddf88e9548fa9d048a60ec438af 73

sevenpt62
09-18-2007, 03:31 AM
if i wanted to purchase that driftsworks unit how would i go about it?
do they have a us distributer?

Shift_Mike
09-18-2007, 07:50 AM
hey, buy what you want but ill tell you right now, i put that wilwood master in my car instead of the ****ty cnc one.

That ebrake locked up total baller style!! YEaahhh!!!

cnc handle assembly+wilwood 5/8 master+a little bit of fab work to install=Ballin

turboslut
09-18-2007, 09:49 AM
the driftworks one comes with the wilwood cylinder off the bat.

"High quality hydraulic handbrake unit, unlike many other handbrakes ours uses a top quality Wilwood master cylinder."

TheWolf
09-18-2007, 10:52 AM
all the driftworks unit is doing is running a -4an line from the MC to the handbrake and a -4an line from the handbrake to the rear T by the passanger wheel. read as nitrous install kit hose cut up. I'm not a fan of braided lines used for long distances. usually results in mushy braking.

jakerps13
09-18-2007, 05:44 PM
all the driftworks unit is doing is running a -4an line from the MC to the handbrake and a -4an line from the handbrake to the rear T by the passanger wheel. read as nitrous install kit hose cut up. I'm not a fan of braided lines used for long distances. usually results in mushy braking.

You may be surprised.

TheWolf
09-18-2007, 09:58 PM
I hope I would be... our formula SAE captain decided it would be the best (read easiest because he was a chode) to do a whole cars braking system in AN line.. it sucked... the lines were like flexing and flopping around under braking.. it was horrible.. geo metro's had better brakes than that POS...

turboslut
09-19-2007, 09:16 AM
Hmm...hoses cut to length and ziptied to rigid structures eliminated all that when I worked on my school's FSAE car.

jakerps13
09-19-2007, 01:48 PM
I hope I would be... our formula SAE captain decided it would be the best (read easiest because he was a chode) to do a whole cars braking system in AN line.. it sucked... the lines were like flexing and flopping around under braking.. it was horrible.. geo metro's had better brakes than that POS...

Hmm, I've done 3 cars front to back with -3 stainless braided without any issues. Granted everything was bled and fastened correctly.

TheWolf
09-19-2007, 05:15 PM
it wasn't my dept but hey I'm up for it... hydralic ebrake ordered...