PDA

View Full Version : GT3076R Turbo dies?

toxsickcity
06-05-2007, 08:41 AM
Hello..

I want to buy the GT3076R ported shroud compressor & Twinscroll turbine..

But read that they die easy! anyone have bad experience with these or friends have bad experience, they said that the shaft bends easy then dies, simple as that..

I am tring to trace the website I read it.. but HISTORY in web browser's are crap!

I need to know coz they also said was not covered by warranty, I dont wanna buy a piece of CRAP!

Gspec
06-05-2007, 09:02 AM
buy it anyway, dont be scared....just make sure its not brown or green, and really smelly when it comes in so you know its not crap....

toxsickcity
06-05-2007, 09:07 AM
buy it anyway, dont be scared....just make sure its not brown or green, and really smelly when it comes in so you know its not crap....

You must be bored! tring to up your posts number!:caged:

Gspec
06-05-2007, 09:26 AM
^yeah you busted me....that's what i was doing, cause post numbers are soooo important.

The only thing i've heard is that if you have problems out of the gt series then you pretty much have to replace the center section. Try not to freak over one thing you read in some obscure post somewhere...learn to use the search function before making new threads like this one. If the turbos are as problematic as you "read" then there should be plenty of info out there.

toxsickcity
06-05-2007, 10:04 AM
thanks gspec!

good info! :)

:)

TS4l
06-05-2007, 01:29 PM
I ran my old GT3076r for two years with no problems. So far I have a few months on the new divided one and no problems so far. I love it and think they are great turbos. But yes if they do fail you may aswell get a new turbo cause the center section cost just about as much.

hybridynamics
06-05-2007, 09:58 PM
only way i have ever seen a gt ball bearing series turbo fail is because someone either put teflon tape or silicone on the oil feed fittings and a piece broke off into the turbo or because the motor starved the turbo of oil. we have 30r's on cars here that are like 4 or 5 years old

Full_Race_Geoff
06-12-2007, 06:30 PM
we have had great luck with those turbos. Weve sold hundreds of them, the only failures we had were on a test car here. It blew 2 turbos up, the third has been good since. I think it was due to a faulty BOV (greddy Type R).

no failures since!