PDA

View Full Version : Brake booster questions

gsracer
07-22-2007, 11:25 AM
hey guys, I recently swapped from a stick shift brake booster to an automatic brake booster in my s14. However now the brakes feel very soft and the pedal has to move quite a bit for the brakes to work correctly not like before, Is there any sort of adjustment i can make at the booster rod or at the rod inside the car that goes to the pedal.

vutony
07-22-2007, 07:02 PM
yea, u can adjust the rod underneath the steerin column or behind the master

basically trial n error

gsracer
07-22-2007, 08:05 PM
Anyone know what the adjustments do, ie one makes it harder, one way makes it softer etc

vutony
07-23-2007, 03:14 AM
i forgot but its probally best (easier) to adjust the rod inside the cabin first

S15xedS13
07-23-2007, 09:19 AM
A larger brake booster will always soften your pedal feel. See this explenation:
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/power-brake.htm

crash33
07-24-2007, 10:51 PM
I actually replaced my brake booster a couple weeks ago I got it at a junkyard from a 89 fback it was a jkc and it was the same as the one in my car. So anyway I swaped them and bled the brakes and a few days later I took it to get a alignment and it was fine but when I went back home i noticed that the pedel felt soft so I thought I might have to bleed the brakes again. I haven't done it yet but who knows and I am pretty sure it was a manule booster.