PDA

View Full Version : springs and shocks

**DONOTDELETE**
03-20-2002, 08:10 PM
ok i just ordered a set of suspension tech. springs (1.3inch drop) for my s14 and i have a qusetion. i know that using them with my stock shocks will kill the shocks but i want know how fast they will die. my car only has 60k on it. the reason for my curiosity is supposedly the kyb agx for s14 could come out this summer and i don't wanna drop the money for tokico blues when i am gonna turn around and buy those anyway. do you guys think my shocks will do for 6 months? if the agx's aren't coming along by then i will go with the blues but i would like to wait and i wanna lower my car asap.

thanks guys
-chris

crazyikimasho
03-20-2002, 08:17 PM
I ran Eibach Sportlines on (S13) factory shocks for like 2 years. They didnt wear completely out until recently when I traded the car in.

240Lunatic
03-20-2002, 09:55 PM
It all depends on the current condition of your struts and how you drive. My friend managed to fubar a set of struts on a Civic sedan after using them for about three weeks. He also guns it around corners and the struts were on the way out to begin with. Even with bad struts you should be good for 6 mo. My girlfriend has bad struts on her stock S13 and her tires aren't showing too much wear. Just keep an eye on them.

Sean

**DONOTDELETE**
03-21-2002, 01:47 AM
I suspect that your rear shocks will go out first. In that case your ride will become very dangerous when you are travelling on the highway. It will cause your back end to fish tail ever so slightly when you hit bumps at high speeds. I would have crashed many times if it wasn't for my good tires. Also, I would never purchase a Tokico shock in my life again, because they blew on me twice after 4 months. Freaking gay! And if you don't have them professionally installed you can't get a refund. Save the trouble and purchase KYB AGX's, even if you have to charge it and pay a little interest. I doubt your stock shocks with last too long unless you drive like miss daisy...but thas from the experience with my car....

VIP_S14
03-21-2002, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by AllFixedUp:
Freaking gay! <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]If that was me saying that I would have got another e-mail threat to be banned from FA. http://www.freshalloy.com/

03-21-2002, 10:24 AM
Originally posted by NiteKids:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Originally posted by AllFixedUp:
Freaking gay! <font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]If that was me saying that I would have got another e-mail threat to be banned from FA. http://www.freshalloy.com/ </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]That's because you have a history here at FA.

Regardless, NiteKids has a point. AllFixedUp -- surely you could find another adjective besides "gay" to get your point across.

Asad

**DONOTDELETE**
03-21-2002, 05:12 PM
How about "freaking Stupid!!!" I think you guys are taking these terms too seriously, relax and we can all get along.

**DONOTDELETE**
03-21-2002, 05:22 PM
Just outta curiousity which Tokico struts did you get? I'm bout to get me a set of tokico blues and well if you have a good reason why those shocks isn't good then I want to listen.

White_240sx
03-21-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by AllFixedUp:
I think you guys are taking these terms too seriously, relax and we can all get along.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]How does generalizing and using derogatory labeling allow everyone to get along?

C-Kwik
03-21-2002, 09:16 PM
I've been running on stock shocks for two years on my RS-R's. Two track events, an autocross, and a whole lot of freeway on ramps. Not one sign of wear. It could use a bit more rebound at times, but race tracks are pretty damn smooth.

Mav1178
03-21-2002, 09:24 PM
Originally posted by C-Kwik:
It could use a bit more rebound at times, but race tracks are pretty damn smooth.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]Yup, they are.

Unless you ran at Buttonwillow before they resurfaced the track.

-alex

**DONOTDELETE**
03-22-2002, 12:46 AM
Originally posted by NewNissanFan:
Just outta curiousity which Tokico struts did you get? I'm bout to get me a set of tokico blues and well if you have a good reason why those shocks isn't good then I want to listen.<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial[/img]I purchased the HP's, Tokico's dont make adjustables for our car. I'm pretty sure there s only one line of Tokico's we can purchase for our 240s... I heard many other people complain about their rear shock blowing. The front Tokico struts are still lasting me, so my real complaint would have to be the rear shocks.