PDA

View Full Version : What I've Heard...

mikekel
08-08-2007, 05:00 PM
Hi all,As far as the rumors I've heard, The new CUV is the EX35 it will be released with the VQ35HR engine from the 2007 G35 Sedan. It will make 290-300 HP, and all the technology that was discussed at the autoshow will be present, except for the liquid crystal glass roof technology. Apparently they were having final production issues and opted to hold off on that feature.

Pricing wise the EX is supposed to have release pricing $2-3k less than the FX. I've already taken several pre-orders for this new CUV. It's going to be a hot addition to the Infiniti lineup.

I Know we're going to have ordering information in November, and will be an introduction date in the middle to late December.

jwaters943
08-08-2007, 07:16 PM
Thanks for the feedback/info! I'm a big fan of the EX. I love the slick style and feel the available technology will likely win over techno geeks like myself.

With that said, I probably won't be getting one if the pricing info. you have is correct. Call me cheap, but $45-46k fully-loaded is just too much to ask for a small 6-cylinder CUV (IMO). I'd rather sacrifice a bit of power and feature content and just get the $37k RDX Tech.

Who knows, maybe they'll have some good lease deals next year. :)

Have you heard/seen anything about the interior? I'm dying to see what the production version looks like.

rich/minn
08-08-2007, 08:19 PM
Thanks for the feedback/info! I'm a big fan of the EX. I love the slick style and feel the available technology will likely win over techno geeks like myself.

With that said, I probably won't be getting one if the pricing info. you have is correct. Call me cheap, but $45-46k fully-loaded is just too much to ask for a small 6-cylinder CUV (IMO). I'd rather sacrifice a bit of power and feature content and just get the $37k RDX Tech.

Who knows, maybe they'll have some good lease deals next year. :)

Have you heard/seen anything about the interior? I'm dying to see what the production version looks like.

I totally agree!! If the ex35 is only $2,000 to $3,000 less than the fx, this car will not sell well. The acura rdx, would look like a super bargin.

Infiniti should have the base price a couple more thousdand than the g35x. I bet this internet manager doesn't know what he's talking about like most dealers.

Jawad
08-08-2007, 11:26 PM
I am not buying the EX being that high up in price. The current FX35 starts at 37K, which basically means that the EX will start around 32K or so and come in fully loaded around 40K. There should be about as much overlap between EX and FX V6 models as there is between G and M V6 models. But I am just making an assumption that the next FX will be bigger than the EX.

mikekel
08-09-2007, 12:40 PM
I bet this internet manager doesn't know what he's talking about like most dealers.
Look,
First off all I'm doing is giving any information I hear. I am a total car guy and I know more than most of my sales people. So please try to be civil and not JUDGE people who are just on here to give everyone the information that I hear about from whatever sources I can find. If you think I have no idea about what I'm talking about then just shrug it off and move on. Basically, Shut the hell up! and find info from someone you know and trust!
As for everyone else I will keep posting any information I get from any of my sources.

miata007
08-09-2007, 06:18 PM
Mike,
Thanks for providing us valuable info. There are many of us who do appreciate that.

Regarding to EX35 vs RDX. It's going to be hard if EX prices are really closed to the current FX. It is highly possible FX prices will go up as well since there are rumors about it being upsized. Ultimately, people will be comparing the RDX with EX35. To me, that's somewhat like comparing a IS250/BMW330 with G35s. The larger displacement car will kill the competition if their prices are not drastically apart. I think the price difference will be more like $2 to $3k (RDX vs EX).

Infiniti driver
08-09-2007, 08:59 PM
Mike,

Is your pricing based on the 07 or 08 FX35?

Thanks

mikekel
08-10-2007, 04:36 PM
Mike,

Is your pricing based on the 07 or 08 FX35?

Thanks

My gm said it was based on the '07 pricing. But the FX is going to be going through a revamp for either 09 or 10, including a longer wheelbase and third row seats. which will undoubtedly expand the pricing difference

da99
08-10-2007, 05:32 PM
My gm said it was based on the '07 pricing. But the FX is going to be going through a revamp for either 09 or 10, including a longer wheelbase and third row seats. which will undoubtedly expand the pricing difference

Ok so we are looking at 2-3k less then the current 07 FX35 which starts at $37,950 which means we are looking at a base price of $34,950? That's actually a bit higher then I (along with many others I see) expected for a base model EX. I am with Jawad on this one in terms of expecting a range from 32k for a base model to 40k fully loaded. Hopefully the 2-3k figure you have heard is inaccurate. Please do keep us informed if you hear anything more concrete on that front.

rich/minn
08-10-2007, 08:09 PM
Look,
First off all I'm doing is giving any information I hear. I am a total car guy and I know more than most of my sales people. So please try to be civil and not JUDGE people who are just on here to give everyone the information that I hear about from whatever sources I can find. If you think I have no idea about what I'm talking about then just shrug it off and move on. Basically, Shut the hell up! and find info from someone you know and trust!
As for everyone else I will keep posting any information I get from any of my sources.

I'm happy for you that you know more about cars than most of your sales people, because most car salesman don't know sh_t about cars. I can tell you for a FACT, if the ex35 is only a couple grand less than the fx35, this car will NOT sell!.

Heat00
08-10-2007, 09:39 PM
I have to agree somewhat, My Infiniti dealer told me it will be just a tad higher than a G35 and you say a tad lower than an FX35... hmmm..

My people here said pricing isn't out yet so I don't know how you know what prices will be...

My dealer also told me they're a long way from "pre-ordering"...

it all sounds fishy to me....

Heat00
08-10-2007, 09:40 PM
how does this guy know more than all the magazines, internet sites, & all other the other Infiniti dealers anyways?

mikekel
08-13-2007, 12:14 PM
how does this guy know more than all the magazines, internet sites, & all other the other Infiniti dealers anyways?

Alright, I NEVER claimed to know more about Infiniti's products and inside plans, than god!
That is why my thread is called "what I've Heard" not "WHAT I F-IN KNOW!!!!!!!!!" If you all don't want what I've heard, from what ever sources I have, don't listen to me then! It's that easy! Go check a different thread! But try reading it first before, blasting it!

MrRyte
08-13-2007, 12:45 PM
:eek: .....ok guys....:caged:

I can see that some of you are very skeptical and critical of salespeople and especially of this person and his info....rather than constantly grill this gentleman like he's on trial for treason, why not just take it FWIW? The EX will be introduced this Saturday. Surely you all can wait till then....:o

Any questions about the specifics of the EX should be addressed by then so let's not get over-emotional till we have the facts, ok?;)

ragnorok420
08-13-2007, 11:47 PM
Mikekel, do you have any premonition if it will be back ordered out of circle? Thats where my dad happens to get his infintis from and he is seriously interested in the Ex. So much so he wouldnt buy the Lexus 400h this summer, he wants to wait to see the EX? He bought his 03 coupe which he is giving to me from Joel over at circle. I was wondering on any insight on whether or not he will be able to purchase an EX in december?

mikekel
08-14-2007, 10:30 AM
ragnorok420 (http://forums.freshalloy.com/member.php?u=31215), I sent you a PM

EX35
08-15-2007, 11:14 AM
:eek: .....ok guys....:caged:

I can see that some of you are very skeptical and critical of salespeople and especially of this person and his info....rather than constantly grill this gentleman like he's on trial for treason, why not just take it FWIW? The EX will be introduced this Saturday. Surely you all can wait till then....:o

Any questions about the specifics of the EX should be addressed by then so let's not get over-emotional till we have the facts, ok?;)

Perhaps it was frustraion out of being teased with info..and holding back known info...what's the pint in doing that?...but later, as soon as someone shows some interest in making a purchase, then private communications were established. So, we all see what the real motivation is here. ;)

Mythos219
08-24-2007, 11:55 AM
$2-3K is not enough to justify buying this over an FX, for me at least.