PDA

View Full Version : Just drove an EX35

saluki9
08-19-2007, 04:07 PM
About 3 weeks ago I got something in the mail asking me if I

1. Owned and infiniti

2. If I was thinking about buying another one.

Both being true I filled it out and returned it. Today I just completed a automotive research session where I got to drive and compare the Ex35 against the X3, Acura RDX and Lexus RX350.

We had to answer a couple hundred questions and then got to drive the cars while getting peppered with more questions. After my drive here is what I have to say about the EX

1. Fit and finish is higher than any infiniti I have ever been in. The dash, center stack, and everything just fit together better than I expected.

2. it's got some go, it really hauled and the brakes were awesome

3. Back seat is tight and the storage in the back is totally useless. You could't fit anything useful behind the seats.

Overall, the thing drives a lot like the new G.

crikey
08-19-2007, 04:21 PM
Forum requires registration to see pics .... that's too bad.

- Riff

admac
08-19-2007, 05:55 PM
how did you like it compared to the rdx? i was on the verge of buying an rdx, but figured i'd wait to see what the ex is like since i do like my fx. the rdx handles very well, but i like the vq engine in the fx/ex much better than a laggy turbo 4.

nobuddy
08-19-2007, 08:13 PM
3. Back seat is tight and the storage in the back is totally useless. You could't fit anything useful behind the seats.

Overall, the thing drives a lot like the new G.

Not even golf clubs?

How's the ride? Is it on the firm side like the FX, or a bit softer?

Thanks for the report!

nb

NissLover
08-19-2007, 09:05 PM
Wow, it makes the FX look huge! And the black interior is beautiful!

rich/minn
08-19-2007, 09:16 PM
How would you compare the drive to the fx. It appears that the fx had the sport package and the ex had just the journey package. How would you compare the ex35 to the g35 sedan in both handling and front/rear seat room. How would you compare the handling to both the x3 and rdx. I'm assuming the rdx had the best handling because it is std with the sport suspension and both the ex35 and x3 you drove did not have their sportier suspensions/wheels.

The interior looks stunning!! For me i don't care about the boot(trunk). I'm assuming the ex35 has more maximum cargo room than the g35 sedan, because of the rear fold down seats.

I hope the front interior room is good and the back is ok for my daughter because I am really stoked for this new CUV!!

Thanks for sharing your opinions..

JayG35
08-20-2007, 01:02 AM
^ I too am interested in how it handles. I wonder what the approximate curb weight will be. If it's within 100 pounds of a G35x and handles similarly I would seriously consider this for a next car over a G35 sedan. It's a bit more compact but has more utility with the (power!) folding seats. And the best interior that Infiniti has ever produced is icing on the cake! Can't wait to hear more about this potential masterpiece.

saluki9
08-20-2007, 08:50 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get back here, I didn't think there had been any replies.

Here goes.

1. As far as room, you better not need any if you're going to buy the EX. I'm fairly tall, and there was plenty of room for the driver. It has a cockpit like feel which I loved. The one thing I didn't like was that it did not have the electronic telescoping wheel, it was all manual. Materials as I said were top notch, so Infiniti is listening to our complaints. Center stack looks just like the G, but a little more compact. Dash was a very high quality vinyl or pleather like product. Seats were very supple and comfortable.

2. The back seat stinks, that's it. I have sat in the back of G35 Coupes and felt more comfortable. this was a common complaint among our group. Material quality is still very high, and headroom is better than expected, but leg room sucks.

3. The "cargo area" can hold about 2 grocery bags of "cargo" this was the huge dissapointment in this car. The floor of the cargo area is very high and had a sloping roof making it a waste. In order to get golf clubs in you would need to lower the rear seat.

4. It was raining pretty hard this weekend, so we were driving in the wet. This car had more power tha any other in the group. It felt very planted, had a ton of power, and had very impressive stopping power. I put it through a 10mph turn at 30 and the tires never slipped, the back end never corrected, and the VDC never lit up. Getting on the highway I just floored it and the VQ supplied as much power as you could want. Driving this car it was evident that Infiniti put a lot of work into dynamics. It had the lowest ride height of the 5 cars we drove and that paid off. One bad thing (very bad thing) the EX has Toyota FJ quality blind spots. The rear visibility is SCARY BAD.

Overall impressions.

The Infiniti had the nicest environment of all the cars. I was suprised at how boring, and poor handling the RX350 was. The X3 still has that "X Factor" that BMWs are famous for, it feels so well planted, smooth, and well thought out. That being said it was more expensive, and the interior leaves a lot to be desired.

I was invited to this because I actually am in the market for one of these cars for my wife. We need to it hold a car seat and one 70lb Golden Retriever. After driving all of these cars we will be buying the RDX, it's just the best package of all. The turbo provides plenty of power, the navigation is great, it handles great, and build quality is Honda good. If this car were for me, I would buy the X3.

the Infiniti was a fun drive, but provides you nothing other than different looks over a G35

BTW: Estimated pricing given to us with journey (and no NAV) was $36 - $37. Those are estimated transaction prices, so expect stickers near 38-39

rich/minn
08-20-2007, 09:53 AM
It's dissapointing that the ex35 has less rear leg room than the g35. I'm curious what market the ex35 is for? I was hoping that the interior would be at least the same as the sedan but offer more cargo room because of the fold down seats. It sounds like there is less room in the back than a vw gti!! I've driven the rdx, it's a very practical car and fun car to drive for the money. Would you say the ex35(with the sport package) would out handel the rdx? If not, why even bother with the ex35? After seeing the pictures, i was very excited for the ex35, now i'm not sure:(

So basically the ex35 is a elevated sport coupe(not sedan) offering more cargo than a coupe. The sedan looks like it might be the more practical choice. This would be very dissapointing.

gt_performah
08-20-2007, 11:00 AM
One bad thing (very bad thing) the EX has Toyota FJ quality blind spots. The rear visibility is SCARY BAD.

I'm always in the habit of looking behind when I switch lanes because I don't trust the mirrors. I rented a hyndai elantra this weekend and looking behind me made no difference. Rear visibility sucked because of the design. I actually thought of the the EX because it has a similar high arc back and sloping roof design.

Infiniti is beginning to compromise space for style. We also see this in the G37. I'm no designer, but you can have style and space too. Maybe they are getting a little too confident in their products.

EX35
08-20-2007, 11:11 AM
There is video of the EX on Autospies with enough scale to show that there is more room in back than for just 2 bags of groceries.

This think is NOT meant to be an SUV, so I do not understand why everyone things it should have huge leg room and storage space...that's what the FX and larger vehicles are for.

For me, it is perfect...I have no use for a back seat, so for utility, I can just fold down the rear seats...and have hatch accessibility, along with that sportcar power and handling...just what I want!

As for blindspots, I have an FX and was at first scared to drive it on the highway in heavy traffic because of blindspots, but I got used to it very quickly.

admac
08-20-2007, 01:47 PM
wow. that price is disappointingly high for the ex. i was hoping it would be competitive vs the rdx.

JayG35
08-20-2007, 01:52 PM
It's a bit disconcerting to read about the smallness of the back seat, but in all fairness this is a more compact vehicle than the G35 sedan. I believe in overall lenght it's closer to the coupe, and competing sedans like the IS and TSX. As long as the rear isn't as intolerable as the IS's, it should still be comfortable for brief trips. I'm still drawn to the EX for the fantastic interior, self-healing paint and sporty dynamics.

As for the price, mid to high 30s is what I'd expect and pretty much in line with the coupe's pricing. Yes, it's more expensive than the RDX, but you get what you pay for-- better interior, 6 cylinders and RWD dynamics.

saluki9
08-20-2007, 02:14 PM
Jay it really depends on what you're looking for. That's kind of the question my group was asking each other yesterday "what is the market for this car?" Are there actually people who can get by with the utility of a coupe who like the looks of an SUV?

Also, in person the interior comes down to personal choice. The EX is vastly improved over previous Infinitis, but it's not better than Acura or Lexus. (in reference to fit, finish, and quality of materials) I will leave style up to you.

Also, I sat in the back seat of an IS350 less than 24 hours before I sat in the EX. The IS is not only more comfortable it's also easier to ingress and egress.

Also, several of us figured out based on the questions that even Infiniti can't figure out the pricing compared to the larger FX. They're going to bump into each other pricewise.

Infiniti driver
08-20-2007, 02:16 PM
I do appreciate saluki9's feedback. But I do agree with EX35's comments. It is smaller than the FX in every way. So of course it will have less legroom and cargo area in the back. It all depends on one's needs. Everyone will just have to check it out themselves once it hits showroom floors.

I did notice that the tires are pretty narrow. I thought Infiniti said it would have 19" rims and 245's for tire width. I only see 225's for tire width on the 17" and 18" rims. I'm also surprised about the manual steering wheel.

Heat00
08-20-2007, 02:26 PM
wow, I wish I could drive one now....

Starting to think that the RDX may actually be a better overall vehicle than the EX... even though it is kind of ugly and I have grown to love Infiniti through my M35 and now my G35S... I don't know about this EX after reading this post.... Is it really just like my G35S?? if there is not much more room or difference, I guess there's no point in getting one :(

Does it at least have the nice sounding exhaust like the FX??????

saluki9
08-20-2007, 03:15 PM

You don't want to know :(

I don't want people to get the wrong idea, I'm not trolling. I've owned 2 G35s and I'm a big infiniti fan, I just don't get thing thing. I'm still glad I had a chance to drive it.

EX35
08-20-2007, 03:45 PM
You don't want to know :(

I don't want people to get the wrong idea, I'm not trolling. I've owned 2 G35s and I'm a big infiniti fan, I just don't get thing thing. I'm still glad I had a chance to drive it.

Now that's not what I have read elsewhere...I read that the exhaust had the same sweet Infiniti sound.

rich/minn
08-20-2007, 03:47 PM

Starting to think that the RDX may actually be a better overall vehicle than the EX... even though it is kind of ugly and I have grown to love Infiniti through my M35 and now my G35S... I don't know about this EX after reading this post.... Is it really just like my G35S?? if there is not much more room or difference, I guess there's no point in getting one :(

I totally agree!! If there is nothing else to offer over the g35, why bother.
The rdx is a very practical cuv with good interior room and a descent interior. The exterior is kind of ugly and boring but at lease it does drive well. As of now, i am dissapointed with the ex35. I like the styling and interior looks, but i am concerned with the interior size. If the ex35 has less passenger room than the g35, this car probably won't sell well. Why not just buy the coupe then? Or even the sedan. I've said it before in a few other posts, it appears the interior has less room than the vw GTI(that would be absurd and a big mistake). I'm done with my rants, I will make final judgement when I see the ex35 in person.

EX35
08-20-2007, 03:48 PM

Why do you even need anoyher vehicle? If u want space, I'd wait for the new FX next year then.

helldorado
08-20-2007, 04:03 PM
Now that's not what I have read elsewhere...I read that the exhaust had the same sweet Infiniti sound.I couldn't imagine how it wouldn't with a VQ35HR. Even the sedan which gets heavily muffled still has that trademark tone.

I have a feelin, the EX / FX is going to turn into another coupe / sedan, 5AT / 6MT, Z / G style battle.

So far, I like it. I still want to see curb weights, and what will be interesting is to see the effect it has on the FX. If the FX gets longer and a 3rd row, I'll either be comparing a new EX or a CPO FX. I have a feeling that the EX will be better handling and as fast as the FX35, will probably keep paces with the sedan. I also want to see what its aftermarket potential is. Hopefully suspension parts will be interchangeable with the sedan, but we'll see. A nice drop and some suspension tweaks, some better wheels and painting that matte black plastic will take it far.

But if you're like me, sedans feel a bit like admitting defeat to adulthood. I still don't hardly ever need rear seats, just the room to occasionally fit in an amplifier or some boxes in the rear which the coupe doesn't let me do. So the EX with the fold flat seats should be perfect for most things. But I'd also look at the Mazdaspeed 3, CX9, RDX, etc... I was very interested in the 135i until BMW pussied out and decided to go coupe with it and not bring the hatch over.

JayG35
08-20-2007, 04:49 PM
Well, if the EX's back seat is smaller than the IS's, which is possibly the most cramped I have ever sat in, then I'd have to opt for the sedan. I'd like to be able to put a friend or two back there once in a while without making them feel tortured.

My interior comments were based on the high res pics and testimony that's flying around the internet right now. My NYIAS impression of the RDX is that it's dissapointing inside with alot of Altima-quality plastics. If the EX is not nicer in terms of quality then that's another big negative. It has to make up the lost utility somewhere other than dynamics.

I'd expect the price to bump the FX35. It's not that much smaller, has a nicer engine, nicer interior, etc. The bad news for us then is that the FX37 is probably going to be one expensive mofo. Hopefully they don't charge BMW money for it...

Sonda
08-20-2007, 06:08 PM
I have been holding off on making a purchase of a vehicle pending the release of this vehicle. My biggest question regarding space is if you can put your bike in the back without too much of a problem once the seats are folded down? I currently take the front wheel off mine and put in the the back of a GTI and it fits with little to no room to spare. If the space in this car is in fact less than that of a GTI, thats probably going to be a deal breaker for many people.

Any input would be appreciated.

saluki9
08-20-2007, 06:10 PM
Well, if the EX's back seat is smaller than the IS's, which is possibly the most cramped I have ever sat in, then I'd have to opt for the sedan. I'd like to be able to put a friend or two back there once in a while without making them feel tortured.

My interior comments were based on the high res pics and testimony that's flying around the internet right now. My NYIAS impression of the RDX is that it's dissapointing inside with alot of Altima-quality plastics. If the EX is not nicer in terms of quality then that's another big negative. It has to make up the lost utility somewhere other than dynamics.

You're running into one of the problems of evaluating a car over the internet. We're all human, and have different opinions of what is nice and or high quality. I happen to think the RDX interior is very nice compared to my 2005 G35. I don't see any Altima platics in the RDX I drove. I thought the interior was very high quality. So go check out the EX for yourself before making up your mind

BHump
08-20-2007, 06:49 PM
You're running into one of the problems of evaluating a car over the internet. We're all human, and have different opinions of what is nice and or high quality. I happen to think the RDX interior is very nice compared to my 2005 G35. I don't see any Altima platics in the RDX I drove. I thought the interior was very high quality. So go check out the EX for yourself before making up your mind

Totally agree with this, different strokes...

But, I find it hard to believe that you would have to lay the seats down to fit golf clubs in the cargo area??? If so, that's ridiculous. Especially since the Z can fit 2 sets of clubs.

JayG35
08-20-2007, 07:13 PM
I didn't evaluate the RDX vs. the Altima over the internet, I did so by sitting in both within 5 minutes of each other.:) The jury is still out on the EX, that's true. It looks nice in there and others say it's best-in-class, but that's all I can say.

Wait, the Z can fit two sets of golf clubs?!? How is that possible?

saluki9
08-20-2007, 08:49 PM
I didn't evaluate the RDX vs. the Altima over the internet, I did so by sitting in both within 5 minutes of each other.:)

I know you did, that's my point. You see Altima cheap and I say its either best in class or equal to it.

Different strokes is right.

wysguymd
08-20-2007, 08:53 PM
I've owned 6 Acuras, 3 Infinitis and 1 Lexus. I recently looked at the RDX to replace my TSX and ruled it out based on the plasticy interior. I don't know what Honda/Acura was thinking.

The Infinitis have always been below Acura & Lexus in fit/finish, IMO. But the EX looks like the best Infiniti interior to date.

JayG35
08-20-2007, 09:43 PM
Yes, it's more a matter of opinion unless we study the content and density of the plastics in a lab (shyeah, right :D).

To clarify, I wouldn't call the Altima's (07+) plastics cheap or nasty. It's just that something of that ilk in an RDX which stickered in the high 30s (the one I sat in at the show) was dissapointing. I would not go as far as to say the kind of childish things you'd read about Nissan's interiors a few years ago. The RDX is arguably built better than the first gen G35. But is it up to the standards of its class? Not in my opinion. The TSX has a nicer interior to me.

With regards to the EX, let's just not forget that it's coupe-based, and by design won't be as practical as the G sedan, which has a longer wheelbase and more upright roofline.

admac
08-21-2007, 02:10 AM
there are definitely some cheap bits in the rdx interior. i just test drove one and i liked the interior a small bit more than the mazda cx7. but the spray painted "metal" panels in the rdx already had some bare spots in the test vehicle i drove. the '08s also added memory seats but they stuck the memory buttons on the door panel like it was just glued on there. very cheap and weird looking. i was ready to buy an rdx, but i'm putting it off to see where all the other small utes line up in comparison. i was very excited about the ex, but man it looks small inside.

EX35
08-21-2007, 12:42 PM
One thing is for sure...I know Infiniti is glad this vehicle is generating so much buzz already!

MrRyte
08-21-2007, 03:26 PM
One thing is for sure...I know Infiniti is glad this vehicle is generating so much buzz already!
Buzz is one thing; sales is what truly matters.;)

I'm very curious to check it out myself. Although I'm not feeeling the funky styling of the rear end, everything else is just about perfect. And the interior is very classy.:bowdown:

EX35
08-21-2007, 05:10 PM
Buzz is one thing; sales is what truly matters.;)

I'm very curious to check it out myself. Although I'm not feeeling the funky styling of the rear end, everything else is just about perfect. And the interior is very classy.:bowdown:

I remember how polarizing the styling of the FX was when I bought mine in '03. People complained it was ugly, bloated, etc, etc...too small...etc. Just everything you can imagine. I think they have sold fairly well for Infiniti. And, I think Infiniti has gained more of a following now, so I predict SUCCESS!

JayG35
08-21-2007, 05:59 PM
Buzz is great when it's predominantly positive. I think that's the case here. Those who are saying negative things about the EX seem to misunderstand it-- it's smaller than the G35 and will not have as much passenger space, period.

Basically it's a G37 coupe with a backpack (the FX was once described similarly, hehe) and a Lexus-quality interior with sexier lines.

rich/minn
08-21-2007, 06:26 PM
Basically it's a G37 coupe with a backpack

This is why this elevated coupe will be out sold by the rdx and x3.

m.o.h
08-21-2007, 08:21 PM
sorry!!

JPH83
08-22-2007, 03:24 PM
Forum requires registration to see pics .... that's too bad.

- Riff

Because of some of the replies the thread was moved to the "black hole" where only the mods can access it. They usually do this instead of deleting it when things get crazy.

Did anyone copy the pictures to their computer before this happened?

ZYAL8R808
08-24-2007, 06:51 PM
I can't see how it would not be possible to fit at least two golf bags in the back. Sure they may not lay completely flat in the cargo area but there looks to be ample room there.

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/infiniti2008/800px/08_ex07.jpg

helldorado
08-24-2007, 10:20 PM
The footprint looks to be a hair larger than the trunk in the G35 coupe, but not as big as the sedans. Difference being that the seats are power fold down and you have the ability to carry tall items unlike the sub 2' tall opening in the coupe pass through.

Also, I have a nice strut bar that bisects my trunk. :rolleyes:

orbitwhite
08-24-2007, 10:50 PM

I just test drove a RDX and felt it was about the right size. I much prefer what I'm seeing out of the Infiniti EX, but I'm surprised that the EX can even be smaller than the RDX. I figured the EX was probably targetted to people like me, who rarely have people sitting in the back seat but would like to drop down the seats for trunk space. I would feel kind of embarrassed saying to my passengers "pardon the small back seats of my SUV?!" :( Guess I'll find out when the EX comes out.

NissLover
08-24-2007, 11:01 PM
I would feel kind of embarrassed saying to my passengers "pardon the small back seats of my SUV?!" :( Guess I'll find out when the EX comes out.

Thats when you explain to them its one of the few trade offs of a wonderful handling RWD CUV:hsdance: , and remember CUV not SUV. And if they have a problem with, to hell with em!:26: :D

Heat00
08-27-2007, 03:21 PM
I just test drove a RDX and felt it was about the right size. I much prefer what I'm seeing out of the Infiniti EX, but I'm surprised that the EX can even be smaller than the RDX. I figured the EX was probably targetted to people like me, who rarely have people sitting in the back seat but would like to drop down the seats for trunk space. I would feel kind of embarrassed saying to my passengers "pardon the small back seats of my SUV?!" :( Guess I'll find out when the EX comes out.

I just drove a RDX and it was not the size that really bothered me, it was the horrific turbo lag, I had to floor the thing everytime to get moving and it is annoying in my opinion.

it really need a bigger motor, if it had the 3.7 found in the MDX or TL, that would be something!!

Ind55
09-04-2007, 12:33 AM
Sorry it took me so long to get back here, I didn't think there had been any replies.

Here goes.

1. As far as room, you better not need any if you're going to buy the EX. I'm fairly tall, and there was plenty of room for the driver. It has a cockpit like feel which I loved. The one thing I didn't like was that it did not have the electronic telescoping wheel, it was all manual. Materials as I said were top notch, so Infiniti is listening to our complaints. Center stack looks just like the G, but a little more compact. Dash was a very high quality vinyl or pleather like product. Seats were very supple and comfortable.

4. It was raining pretty hard this weekend, so we were driving in the wet. This car had more power tha any other in the group. It felt very planted, had a ton of power, and had very impressive stopping power. I put it through a 10mph turn at 30 and the tires never slipped, the back end never corrected, and the VDC never lit up. Getting on the highway I just floored it and the VQ supplied as much power as you could want. Driving this car it was evident that Infiniti put a lot of work into dynamics. It had the lowest ride height of the 5 cars we drove and that paid off. One bad thing (very bad thing) the EX has Toyota FJ quality blind spots. The rear visibility is SCARY BAD.

The "lowest ride height" sounds very good to me.

I'm looking for a vehicle where the bottom seat cushion is well off the floor. The G35 is questionable to me because the seat isn't as high as I'd like. (I have a joint problem.) After that, I want something with sport sedan handling.

I'm currently driving a Murano because it had the best handling of the traditional SUVs, and only SUVs seem to have the floor-to-cushion height that I need.

The EX sounds interesting because the roof is lower than most SUVs, so I was hoping it would have a low center of gravity. It sounds like it does.

But you sat in the driver's seat. Any comments on how high it could be adjusted?

pongobaz
09-30-2007, 06:03 PM
Just drove the EX35 too and I was very impressed. This was a fully loaded model with every toy on it including premium leather. The eyebrow over the gauges is covered in stitched leather as is the center armrest. It was demonstrated to me that you can indeed put 3 golf bags in the cargo area without lowering the seats. This one had a power tilt/telescope steering column, but the cluster pod is fixed so it does not move like on the FX. AVM (around view monitor) is a cool feature as is LDP (lane departure prevention) which employs the VDC system to gently correct you back into your lane. Power folding rear seats are a nice feature too. The only thing missing is that trademark Infiniti exhaust growl, the EX is much more muted than my FX. Curb weight was mentioned as being less than 3800 Lbs making it lighter than an X3 or RDX; which I also drove back to back. X3 is so spartan in comparison to the EX, but it handles, well like a BMW. RDX, was so disapointing; it felt like a tarted up Honda CRV to me...and as mentioned above, plagued with turbo lag.
It has a lower CG than it's competition and handles very well in the twisties. No blind spots with me as long as you adjust your mirrors properly...who needs to see the side of their own car in the mirror anyway?
It's going to be a huge hit and a journalist I know gave it a rave review last week.

AlexF
09-30-2007, 09:13 PM
Just drove the EX35 too and I was very impressed. This was a fully loaded model with every toy on it including premium leather. The eyebrow over the gauges is covered in stitched leather as is the center armrest. It was demonstrated to me that you can indeed put 3 golf bags in the cargo area without lowering the seats. This one had a power tilt/telescope steering column, but the cluster pod is fixed so it does not move like on the FX. AVM (around view monitor) is a cool feature as is LDP (lane departure prevention) which employs the VDC system to gently correct you back into your lane. Power folding rear seats are a nice feature too. The only thing missing is that trademark Infiniti exhaust growl, the EX is much more muted than my FX. Curb weight was mentioned as being less than 3800 Lbs making it lighter than an X3 or RDX; which I also drove back to back. X3 is so spartan in comparison to the EX, but it handles, well like a BMW. RDX, was so disapointing; it felt like a tarted up Honda CRV to me...and as mentioned above, plagued with turbo lag.
It has a lower CG than it's competition and handles very well in the twisties. No blind spots with me as long as you adjust your mirrors properly...who needs to see the side of their own car in the mirror anyway?
It's going to be a huge hit and a journalist I know gave it a rave review last week.
How was the power & the handling? any info on price?

orbitwhite
10-01-2007, 01:51 AM
How is the interior capacity? Can it fit 4 adults from 5'4" to 5'10" ?

pongobaz
10-02-2007, 03:04 PM
Power is from the VQ35HR rated at 297hp@6,200 rpm and 253lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm. It use the same 5-speed auto with DRM that is in the G35. Performance and handling is excellent thanks to the relatively lower weight and low center of gravity...it sits a couple of inches lower than an X3. While it is smaller than an FX, yes you can fit 2 adults in the back seat (there are 3 belts). FYI, I'm 5'11" and I sat in back after I had adjusted the front seat for myself and it was fine.

AlexF
10-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Power is from the VQ35HR rated at 297hp@6,200 rpm and 253lb-ft @ 4,800 rpm. It use the same 5-speed auto with DRM that is in the G35. Performance and handling is excellent thanks to the relatively lower weight and low center of gravity...it sits a couple of inches lower than an X3. While it is smaller than an FX, yes you can fit 2 adults in the back seat (there are 3 belts). FYI, I'm 5'11" and I sat in back after I had adjusted the front seat for myself and it was fine.
Music to my ears! :D

Kris
10-05-2007, 11:56 PM
OK, The EX is too small for my liking. But to call it an SUV? Or for that matter to call FX an SUV it is simply stupidity. These cars have nothing to do with SUVs.........sorry for bad language, but I am a car guy....not a truck or SUV guy....even Murano and FX feels too much SUV like for me...yes, I agree if the EX is like described above it is not for me. If I wanted a performance sports car know what I would go for, coupe - not EX, sedan - not EX, station wagon - not EX. It will find its following because it is different! And many people will like it. It wil never be a mass selling car so anyone who wants to be different and all he needs is a space for two and golf bags - it is a good car. So stop bushing it. It is what it is. It is a new sort of a car...it wil set trend...

NSE70
10-06-2007, 11:52 PM
OK, The EX is too small for my liking. But to call it an SUV? Or for that matter to call FX an SUV it is simply stupidity. These cars have nothing to do with SUVs.........sorry for bad language, but I am a car guy....not a truck or SUV guy....even Murano and FX feels too much SUV like for me...yes, I agree if the EX is like described above it is not for me. If I wanted a performance sports car know what I would go for, coupe - not EX, sedan - not EX, station wagon - not EX. It will find its following because it is different! And many people will like it. It wil never be a mass selling car so anyone who wants to be different and all he needs is a space for two and golf bags - it is a good car. So stop bushing it. It is what it is. It is a new sort of a car...it wil set trend...

...hello 1998.

"computers is the future!"