PDA

View Full Version : drove mdx, rdx, & fx today..

Heat00
08-26-2007, 10:19 PM
the Rdx was terrible... it's not even in consideration anymore.

the Mdx was nice, I wish it was a bit faster/sportier and it would have been a done deal....
still considering going back for one...

then I went and drove an Fx35 with sport & Navi.... I LOVE the way it looks and handles.... I'm not really thrilled with the interior.. it's kind of "old Infiniti" looking already... and it's not very roomy or comfortable....

they did offer me a pretty good reduction off the "sticker" and they had no complaints with taking my G35S on a trade (obviously), they sold me the car... lol

Now I don't know what to do, I want the MDX interior with the FX exterior, lmao...

now what??? I'm going back to drive the MDX again, I guess...

The size of the Rdx wasn't the problem, it was the way it drove. it was pretty bad, almost cheesy if that makes sense, had to floor it to go, especially from a stop.. also the A/C compressor shut off everytime I hit about 4k rpms... very honda like and very annoying...

just thought I would share my test driving with you all today... If I could, I would just wait for the new 09 FX, but it won't be out till probably next time this year... it really needs to be redesigned as the interior looks like the Old G and that's getting a little old now as we are almost in 08 and it has been the same since 03... it was an 08 fx btw and they offered it to me with sport and tech package for 41800, and I stopped fighting, probably could get another 1000 in my mind...

the Mdx had a nice feature, a 3rd row that folds flat when not in use.... could come in handy one day !! no way to get much in the back of the fX in terms of people anyways :)

wysguymd
08-26-2007, 11:07 PM
My dad just bought an MDX last week. It's really a nice car - but not as sporty as the FX. As with most Acuras/Hondas, they do everything well but nothing great.

I agree about the FX - the exterior is still a thing of beauty, but the interior is horrible. I figure I spend more time inside the car than outside looking at it, so interior is more important to me.

I'd definitely choose the MDX over the RDX too, but the MDX is too big for me. I'm still holding out hope the EX isn't too cramped.

SAPPHIRE_FX45
08-27-2007, 11:32 AM
Get FX45, you can never drive another SUV after you drive this.
That V8 is just insane, sound is mean, power is crazy
Get 06 or 07 if you're on budget

BTW, it smokes G35 sport (auto) previous gen. like it's standing still

Heat00
08-27-2007, 11:41 AM
I can't afford the FX45 unless it's got a ton of miles and even though it's probably a blast to drive, it is really the interior that is kind of bothering me.

I don't know what to do at this point, maybe after all I should wait to see and drive the EX !!

If not, maybe I'll just get the MDX, I'm still on the fence on this subject as the MDX was nice and comfy but certainly not sporty by any means, especially coming from driving Infiniti's recently and currently.

SAPPHIRE_FX45
08-27-2007, 12:22 PM
I dont know how much of a driver enthusiast you are, but i would definetely get bored in a few weeks with MDX, especially coming from sport sedan.
Might as well get minivan

Do you really need more space than in your G?

BTW, i'm counting days till my FX35 lease is over. Such a step back from FX45, not to mention something even sportier

Heat00
08-27-2007, 03:16 PM
lol, I just want more space to be more comfortable. I get a cramped feeling after long drives in my G. I am a commercial real estate broker and spend a lot of time in the car. What is so bad about the MDX? I did drive it and although not as inspiring as a G sedan, it's not really meant to be.. :)

I have a nice deal worked out a new FX35 w/sport and tech package but I just don't want something "old" looking. That design is from 03 unchanged and it kind of reminds me of the old G dash. Still a beautiful car and it drives like a sports car but that is the problem I have in my mind lol.

enginerd
08-27-2007, 03:51 PM
Too bad you can't wait for the '09 FX. Infiniti has stepped up its interiors and FX should continue that trend. Plus, I'm sure it'll be a bit bigger, and the power speculation is awesome :) FX interior isn't too bad, but is getting a bit old.

Heat00
08-27-2007, 04:03 PM
I agree, but I can't wait more than a year, by that time I'll be ready for a new one anyways :)

It will be interesting to see what happens to the FX, I just wish it was sooner lol....

I average 35k per year so to me one year of driving is probably equal to 2 or even 3 years of driving to the average driver!!

ZYAL8R808
08-29-2007, 07:13 PM
The interior to me is not horrible (as one person stated). I can see what you are saying about the next-gen Infiniti interiors being much nicer but the current FX is not bad at all. Maybe I'm biased because I got a 2005 which had the pre-restyled interior. However, it should be noted that the FX is extremely well put together inside. I've had not a single complaint about anything rattling or coming loose. It's a subtlely nice interior. Not flashy but classy. But, these things are all subjective and it depends on your tastes. IMO, I could overlook the small shortcomings of the interior because it is the best driving SUV out there I could afford. The only probably better would be a Cayenne.

http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/infiniti2008/800px/06_fx45_13.jpg

NissLover
08-29-2007, 08:10 PM
I agree, the FX interior is pretty nice, especially in the color combo posted above. Plus it was the first Infiniti to implement the wave dashboard.

And am I the only person that thinks the best color on the FX is the Blue. OMG I love it with the clear taillights, by far the best color.

Heat00
08-29-2007, 11:04 PM
that does look good, maybe another trip back to infiniti for me? AFter reading more and more reviews on the MDX I was condiering... I just don't know anymore...

what color combo is that? Is that the brick color or is my screen going crazy here? LOL

I just wish the EX was here already... dam what is taking so long... when is this thing supposed to be here anyways?????

InterestedInEX
08-30-2007, 11:38 AM
I just wish the EX was here already... dam what is taking so long... when is this thing supposed to be here anyways?????

Spoke with a dealer in Richmond yesterday, supposedly November.

NissLover
08-30-2007, 04:21 PM
That color combination posted above is the Espresso/Rosewood & Aluminum, but its only available on the FX45. It seems that you are only looking at the V6. Heres a better look at the color.
http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/infiniti2008/800px/06_fx45_16.jpg

I think it still looks pretty up to date in all colors.
http://www.infiniti.com/img/fx/photos/interior_photos/fx_wallpaper_int_10.jpg

The only thing is it still has the orange lighting.

SAPPHIRE_FX45
08-30-2007, 05:16 PM
That color combination posted above is the Espresso/Rosewood & Aluminum, but its only available on the FX45. It seems that you are only looking at the V6. Heres a better look at the color.
http://www.nissannews.com/multimedia/infiniti2008/800px/06_fx45_16.jpg

I think it still looks pretty up to date in all colors.
http://www.infiniti.com/img/fx/photos/interior_photos/fx_wallpaper_int_10.jpg

The only thing is it still has the orange lighting.

+1
But Espresso (top one) is my favorite, looks very nice

what color combo is that? Is that the brick color or is my screen going crazy here? LOL

It's not brick, it's Espresso

EX35
08-30-2007, 06:16 PM
I agree, but I can't wait more than a year, by that time I'll be ready for a new one anyways :)

It will be interesting to see what happens to the FX, I just wish it was sooner lol....

I average 35k per year so to me one year of driving is probably equal to 2 or even 3 years of driving to the average driver!!

Now that you have sized yourself out of the EX...even calling the FX 'tight'...u might want to consider moving on to the FX Forum.

By the way, has anyone ever referred to you as high maintenance? I have been called 'high-strung', but you even wear me out!

Heat00
08-31-2007, 08:08 AM
LMAO.....
sorry bro... can't help it. I drive a lot of miles/year and spend a lot of time in the car....

it's not only for business but I enjoy changing & driving different cars...it's just fun to me....

I tell my wife be glad that I switch cars often but I don't get tired of my wife ! LOL

SAPPHIRE_FX45
09-12-2007, 11:45 AM
Hey Heat
Have you seen this:
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83129

http://www.x5world.com/x6-e71-e72-forum/36841-official-new-x6-pics-updated-more-pics-info-pdf.html

This would make it sooo difficult to make a purchasing dicission

NissLover
09-12-2007, 12:08 PM
I'm sorry, I'm not really feeling that X6.

helldorado
09-12-2007, 04:43 PM
Hey Heat
Have you seen this:
http://www.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=83129

http://www.x5world.com/x6-e71-e72-forum/36841-official-new-x6-pics-updated-more-pics-info-pdf.html

This would make it sooo difficult to make a purchasing dicission I think the X6 will be a bit too pricey for most if its along the lines of the 6 series its based off of. Will also be fairly large. Would certainly be more than I'd want to spend. But it'll probably be the sportiest CUV on the market when its all said and done.

I don't think its going to be a EX competitor. I'm expecting it to be more than the X5.

SAPPHIRE_FX45
09-13-2007, 01:17 AM
I think the X6 will be a bit too pricey for most if its along the lines of the 6 series its based off of. Will also be fairly large. Would certainly be more than I'd want to spend. But it'll probably be the sportiest CUV on the market when its all said and done.

I don't think its going to be a EX competitor. I'm expecting it to be more than the X5.

I agree for the most part
Though it looks like it is between X3 and X5 size wise
I assume it'll be priced accordingly, but closer to X5
I think it will also get same engines as latter, such as 4.8L V8 and possibly turbo 3L found in 335i

As always, it will be priced higher than its japaneese competitor, but that happens across all models

Anyways, this finally is something that worth attention
I love my FX and i never thought there will be something as nice created amongst SUV (i'm not a big fan of SUVs in the first place)
Q5 by Audi might be ineresting as well
I'm anxiously waiting for 2009 FX redesign
5L FX50 :hsdance:

Competition is good............for us :)

helldorado
09-13-2007, 02:24 PM
Agreed. I'm not too familiar with the new X5's dimensions, I just know that the X6 is based on the 6 series coupe and that is a very substantial vehicle.

I do like the lines of it though. I think that, the Q5 and redesigned FX will offer some great choices in the $50k market.

07G35S
09-25-2007, 05:28 PM
Not sure about that X6... the size doesnt look as substantial as an X5... maybe they shoulda named it the X4 instead. It does have rather appealing style however.

P.S. Heat... I didnt know you were ready to ditch the sedan already...

EX35
09-26-2007, 12:32 PM
Not sure about that X6... the size doesnt look as substantial as an X5... maybe they shoulda named it the X4 instead. It does have rather appealing style however.

P.S. Heat... I didnt know you were ready to ditch the sedan already...

...he drives 50 bazillion miles per year...blah, blah, blah...

07G35S
09-26-2007, 04:09 PM
ha ha ha... if you want to get him riled up, just tell him the 330i is a better vehicle.. ;)

nobuddy
09-27-2007, 09:45 PM
ha ha ha... if you want to get him riled up, just tell him the 330i is a better vehicle.. ;)

it most definitely is!