PDA

View Full Version : changing clutch, worst fears confirmed

IH8BigWings
08-30-2007, 10:39 PM
i pulled the tranny down today, to change what i hoped was a dying clutch, not only did the clutch look to be in good shape, but it appears to be a NISMO clutch set. I loved the way it felt and refuse to spend the money to get another one. Please someone tell me that Valeo doesnt make the NISMO pressure plate. I'll post pics tommarrow after i get back to my buddies garage.

Just checking on the pressure plate itself there were only 3 distiguishing marks.
1) Valeo
2) Nissan
3) RS420 (which according to a website i checked is the last 5 numbers to the nismo part number)

I know it looks grim, i just want someone , anyone to tell me i didnt just waste 2 hours/ $400

QQ etc etc thanks for the read.

cdlong
08-31-2007, 02:46 AM
a lot of the nismo stuff is rebadged/retuned parts from other aftermarket companies. so there's a good chance it is made by Valeo, though i don't know one way or the other.

did you put in a new clutch? what mods were necessary for the upgraded clutch?

FYI, this question isn't really advanced.

IH8BigWings
08-31-2007, 06:23 AM
just a sr with bolt-on, gti-r tubro ,50# injectors, z32 MAF, etc. As far as placing this question in the advanced sub-topic, I figure the obscurity of the question warrented a more advanced user. Guys that have seen more clutches, than your average bear, if you will.

New clutch is goin in today, im just taking the flywheel to the machineshop this morning to get it resurfaced and will slap it all together.