PDA

View Full Version : Help with paint and window film

jzr28
09-09-2007, 10:04 PM
I tried this in the detailing thread but no one has replied so I will try here too :). I did a search but did not see an answer to my question which is does any one have any info/experience on FirstCut paint film. My local tint place swears by it and says it is much better than 3M. They will do 3M if I ask but they really think this FirstCut stuff is far better. Looked on the net and not much there either. The new car, EX35 I "think", won't be here for a while so I have time to research. Also any one have a pref on ceramic vs metal window tint. Thanks in advance as you folks are great!!!! :bowdown:

mikekel
09-11-2007, 11:45 AM
I've never even heard of FirstCut.

I've always had the 3M seamless tint, installed on every one of my cars. I've never had any issues with 3M, or even heard of any issues with the 3M.
Every tint place I've ever used, highly recommends and uses the 3M

jzr28
09-11-2007, 04:16 PM
Thanks. I had never heard of them either. I have heard plenty on 3M and most seemed to be happy. He said this First Cut held up better and looked better. I have some time before this all happens so maybe I can find someone who has it on their car and see for my self.

Ricofx45
09-11-2007, 04:45 PM
They might get discounts on the First Cut, but I've never heard of it. The metallic will reflect more heat, but if you have a navigation system, it can screw with the signal, so you might have to go with no metal. I would stick with the 3m since you know it's got history.
And if you're getting windows tinted at a good shop, they should remove the door panels to do the windows. If they say they just shove the tint down the door jambs with a spatula, check other places. I've had over 10 cars tinted and I used to have the lower priced places do it, but spend a couple extra bucks because there will be better looking finish around the edges and anywhere there is dots.