PDA

View Full Version : Infiniti EX35 Ordering Guide

AlexF
09-21-2007, 09:42 AM
Not sure how official this is, but Infiniti of Santa Monica has the options breakdown and color choices. :D :hsdance: Apparently you can also request a price quote, which I did.
http://www.leaseinfinitiex35.com/news/2008-Infiniti-EX35-Color-Chart.htm

AlexF
09-21-2007, 09:45 AM
Technical specifications are also available from the above link.

NissLover
09-21-2007, 01:09 PM
Hmmm so the black "piano" finish is available vs. the wood. And there is also a 4th interior color named "Chestnut". I want to see what this Scarlet Silver looks like, its described as a "red silver". And the Tidewater is described as a "green silver".

AlexF
09-21-2007, 01:22 PM
Platinum Graphite with Chestnut for me... :) :hsdance: I hope the Chestnut interior is like the "brick" color in the FX....NICE!

rich/minn
09-21-2007, 04:21 PM
28.5" of rear leg room, that's about 6" less than the g35x. This is ridiculous, the new Mini clubman coming next spring will have more rear leg room.:mad:

mikekel
09-21-2007, 04:44 PM
Before you get all warm and fuzzy about this dealers site!!!

I just contacted Infiniti wondering where my copy of this information was. Needless to say it hasn't been released yet!!

I do have to give that dealers tech dept a big hand because that looks damn close to what actually gets released from Infiniti.

Just a quick heads up, don't get too disappointed or happy because of what you read on that site.

Hope this helps

EX35
09-22-2007, 01:46 PM
28.5" of rear leg room, that's about 6" less than the g35x. This is ridiculous, the new Mini clubman coming next spring will have more rear leg room.:mad:

Solution..go buy a Mini then.

ZYAL8R808
09-22-2007, 04:54 PM
So there is only a Premium Package? I think there's something missing there. Where's the package with the Around-View Monitor?

rich/minn
09-22-2007, 05:13 PM
Solution..go buy a Mini then.

I agree. The new Mini Clubman coming next spring(MY08) will be more pratical than the ex35. I am a little confused on the market segment for the ex35. I originally heard the ex35 would compete with the rdx and x3. The ex35 is not in the same class. It has no rear leg room and very little cargo space, for that segment. So far in the luxury sport small suv(crossover) segment the rdx is the value leader. Nice interior, sporty driving, plenty of passanger and cargo space. However the rdx doesn't give you that soul of a sports car like the ex35 probablly will. The ex35 is bacically a raised coupe with awd and a little extra cargo room. I'm sure it will be very nice looking and fun to drive, but will it be worth the compromises? Lets compare the ex35 to the g35x. The g35x has alot more room, less weight, cheaper and will probably have better handling. The only thing the ex35 has going for it, is that the rear seats fold down and it will arguably be more sexy. I predict the ex35 will be a very interesting car with a kind of WOW factor but will not sell that well. I think Infiniti should of based this crossover, off the g35x sedan. Of course this is just my opinion. By the way the new mini clubman will out sell the ex35 2 to 1(world wide) easily!!

PhilGood
09-22-2007, 08:17 PM
28.5" of rear leg room! EX should be called the "cross over coupé"!

bkushner
09-22-2007, 09:27 PM
28.5 inches. What were they thinking with that back seat? I think that just pushed me back to the G35x I have been looking at. I will miss the fold down seats, but it looks like they don't fold down all the way anyways. Bah!

AlexF
09-22-2007, 11:24 PM
28.5 inches. What were they thinking with that back seat?
This is 6.2 inches less than the G35 sedan, not a huge difference in my opinion...IF 28.5 inches is the official number and that's a big if. I'll reserve judgement until I see the production vehicle.

orbitwhite
09-23-2007, 12:32 AM
How is rear legroom measured? The 2008 G37 Coupe is listed with 29.80 legroom. Whats with these luxury CUVs? Just take the successful formula of the SUV and make it little smaller! At first I was looking forward to the Acura RDX, but then they put a 4-banger turbo in it so scratch that. Now I was looking forward to the Infiniti EX and they make the backseat smaller than a coupe. If the EX is priced into the $40K, it's not going to sell. Perhaps I may forgive the backseat if the price comes down to invoice like it did for the RDX.

EX35
09-23-2007, 11:21 AM
I;m not so sure why people are surprised that this is not a 'people hauler',,,it's a coupe-based SuV...meaning sport coupe and utility vehicle...meaning the rear seats fold down for the utility...goodness knows there is not much utility with the seats upright with the slanted rear roof.

There is a market for this vehicle. I know I will but one. I likely will always have the rear seats folded. I don't need a back seat, and I will have maximum utility available...plus AWD and 290+hp...just what I want!

As I have said before, I remember when Ifirst bought my FX that there wee people on this sight saying that it would be a failuer because it was NOT an SUV and no one wanted a vehicle like this...heck, look at the new BMW X6 coming out. The roof line on that thing slants MORE than the FX!

I think if people want to haul 4 people around and multiple sets of golf clubs...get a traditional SUV.

nobuddy
09-23-2007, 02:59 PM
I;m not so sure why people are surprised that this is not a 'people hauler',,,it's a coupe-based SuV...meaning sport coupe and utility vehicle...meaning the rear seats fold down for the utility...goodness knows there is not much utility with the seats upright with the slanted rear roof.

There is a market for this vehicle. I know I will but one. I likely will always have the rear seats folded. I don't need a back seat, and I will have maximum utility available...plus AWD and 290+hp...just what I want!

As I have said before, I remember when Ifirst bought my FX that there wee people on this sight saying that it would be a failuer because it was NOT an SUV and no one wanted a vehicle like this...heck, look at the new BMW X6 coming out. The roof line on that thing slants MORE than the FX!

I think if people want to haul 4 people around and multiple sets of golf clubs...get a traditional SUV.

Finally, a voice of reason!

nb

orbitwhite
09-23-2007, 03:06 PM
This whole thread is based on speculation from Infiniti Santa Monica which is a dinky small dealer. However, the specs are probably close because 28.5 inch is similiar to the G37 coupe.

For me, I am disappointed the EX is below average in rear space. I am not a people hauler, but I would like to fit 4 adults once in a while. This is the first time I ever looked into rear legroom, I don't know how it is calculated. If the EX35 was near 32-34inch legroom, I think there would be no doubts.

EX35
09-23-2007, 08:01 PM
This whole thread is based on speculation from Infiniti Santa Monica which is a dinky small dealer. However, the specs are probably close because 28.5 inch is similiar to the G37 coupe.

For me, I am disappointed the EX is below average in rear space. I am not a people hauler, but I would like to fit 4 adults once in a while. This is the first time I ever looked into rear legroom, I don't know how it is calculated. If the EX35 was near 32-34inch legroom, I think there would be no doubts.

Then opt for the FX...it has 35 inches of rear seat leg room. You don't think that with the shorter wheelbase that the EX could have similar rear leg room, do you? Especially with that slanted roof...moving the seats back would mean sitting right on top of the rear wheels and having to slouch to keep from hitting your head on the roof.

Tower
09-23-2007, 08:22 PM
Those don't seem like outrageous needs. Can't a G35, RAV4, or Accord do that? A high roofline version of those for $35k ought to be able to.

What is making Infiniti crossovers so tiny inside? The FX back seat and door are TINY.

helldorado
09-24-2007, 02:42 AM
I take it with a grain of salt until I see final specs on nissannews.com. But considering the shorter wheelbase than the sedan I'd be surprised if it had as much leg room unless you're sitting inbetween the rear wheel wells.

EX35
09-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Those don't seem like outrageous needs. Can't a G35, RAV4, or Accord do that? A high roofline version of those for $35k ought to be able to.

What is making Infiniti crossovers so tiny inside? The FX back seat and door are TINY.

LOL, the FX is far from 'tiny'...judging from your name, you might be really tall...which means that a lot of cars must be tiny to you.

As I said before, it's the slope in the roof that is pushing the seats forward...look at the high squared off RAV4 or any traditional SUV. These things are really the old Station Wagon on a higher platform...but, replaced by the name 'Sport Utility Vehicle' to make people think they are masculaine and cool. They are squared off in the back to accept a 3rd row seat or to be able to carry more cargo. We have already heard that the platform for the FX will be elongated to accomodate a 3rd row...but I bet if the same coupe-like roof it used, it will only be good for short adults or children.

AlexF
09-24-2007, 09:51 AM
Additional info regarding the info released by the Santa Monica dealership.
http://forums.nicoclub.com/zeropost?cmd=tshow&id=280761

jfruend
09-24-2007, 04:44 PM
These numbers were exactly what Infiniti sent over today along with all kinds of marketing graphs, charts, and figures. Men this car is squarely aimed at women but fear not as the '09 FX will sport 21" wheels and a year later the glass roof from the EX concept.

EX35
09-25-2007, 08:06 AM
These numbers were exactly what Infiniti sent over today along with all kinds of marketing graphs, charts, and figures. Men this car is squarely aimed at women but fear not as the '09 FX will sport 21" wheels and a year later the glass roof from the EX concept.

Yes, I've read that it is 'aimed squarely at women'...does that mean it will make me less of a man if i buy one, lol?

jfruend
09-25-2007, 01:04 PM
We won't call you a girly man. It will be much quieter inside and softer suspension settings than we have seen in the last 5 model years from Infiniti. It is their answer to the old folks crying about the I35 disappearing like their dentures.

rich/minn
09-25-2007, 01:37 PM
The more I am hearing about softer suspensions, inadequate rear and cargo space I'm starting to wonder "Why Bother".

AlexF
09-25-2007, 02:08 PM
...and softer suspension settings...
Suspensions can easily upgraded these days, as I'm sure aftermarket shocks/springs will be available. I find it hard to believe that an auto company would market a vehicle specifically to females, dare anyone to show me proof from Infiniti. So am I supposed to be less of a man if I like this vehicle and decide to purchase it? I don't think so. Getting all worked up over something that we don't know yet is silly.

jzr28
09-25-2007, 03:34 PM
I got the same info from Grubbs Infiniti but a lot more of it. That site from Santa Monica only has part of what Infiniti sent out. My Grubbs guy sent me a PDF which shows all of the options plus the color selection chart is much easier to read. It has a bunch of photos we have already seen plus all of the options and more info. If I knew how to post it I would but it would take up a lot of space. Ask your local dealer for that info as they must have it or I guess email Grubbs as they will be glad to help!!! Try rkinchen@grubbs.com he is the main internet guy there. He will even sell you car!!! :hsdance:

AlexF
09-25-2007, 03:47 PM
The following is a video presentation by Infiniti's Regional Product Manager. Towards the end of the video, about 23 minutes in, all variations of the vehicle & option packages are discussed.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ibUyK2xkvPM

And as an fyi, a few more vids that I found today:

Storage(I remember someone here saying that it can barely hold a golf bag...video shows holding 3).
http://youtube.com/watch?v=KS4ncLXIRpo

Power fold down seats.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bxFqkYK3bMQ

Around View Monitor.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=h-TdWyk57CI

Seat hanger.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=6SB2wK8_rPc

Lane departure.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=XV7tk5c2p_U

Hospitality lighting.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=MFAONjQ0884

Ingress & Egress.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=5GJZKpldhjg

AlexF
09-25-2007, 04:43 PM
I got the same info from Grubbs Infiniti but a lot more of it. That site from Santa Monica only has part of what Infiniti sent out. My Grubbs guy sent me a PDF which shows all of the options plus the color selection chart is much easier to read. It has a bunch of photos we have already seen plus all of the options and more info. If I knew how to post it I would but it would take up a lot of space. Ask your local dealer for that info as they must have it or I guess email Grubbs as they will be glad to help!!! Try rkinchen@grubbs.com he is the main internet guy there. He will even sell you car!!! :hsdance:
Thanks jzr28! Everyone can view the PDF here, note that the site will only host the file for 14 days. If anyone can perrmanently host the file it would be great.
http://1.download-2.files-upload.com/50/2007/09/25/20-40/EX35.pdf

4U4ME
09-25-2007, 05:48 PM
Suspensions can easily upgraded these days, as I'm sure aftermarket shocks/springs will be available. I find it hard to believe that an auto company would market a vehicle specifically to females, dare anyone to show me proof from Infiniti. So am I supposed to be less of a man if I like this vehicle and decide to purchase it? I don't think so. Getting all worked up over something that we don't know yet is silly.
I talk to few sales people at Infiniti, and thay said this car is for females

AlexF
09-25-2007, 09:24 PM
I talk to few sales people at Infiniti, and thay said this car is for females
Does that mean you'r not getting one? I'm not interested anymore either! :ubb_confused:

AlexF
09-26-2007, 12:16 AM
http://1.download-2.files-upload.com/50/2007/09/25/20-40/EX35.pdf
Looks like the file was deleted...I will repost once I find a good hosting site...any suggestions?

4U4ME
09-26-2007, 12:16 AM
Does that mean you'r not getting one? I'm not interested anymore either! :ubb_confused:
I am looking for a car for my wife, and I think I wanted to order this thing for my wife, but I wanted to see in showroom and I wanted to get a feel. I am worried about the size, and I hope it will not be a 45K car;)

EX35
09-26-2007, 08:33 AM
I am looking for a car for my wife, and I think I wanted to order this thing for my wife, but I wanted to see in showroom and I wanted to get a feel. I am worried about the size, and I hope it will not be a 45K car;)

I am sure it will come in from the base model around $32-33k, and go up to $42-43k fully optioned out. I think somewhere i there everyone can strike a happy medium.

I'm a guy and will be replacing my FX with this...CANNOT wait!!!

AlexF
09-26-2007, 10:20 AM
I can't wait until this comes out as well, I was just kidding before. :D

jzr28
09-26-2007, 10:51 AM
I can't wait until this comes out as well, I was just kidding before. :D

Alex - THANKS for the video links!!! For all of the folks who don't know what they are talking about these "should" give the real interested folks a good idea. Some Infinit hype in the first, it was done by Infinit people... duh, one but VERY good info too. Looked to be all men in the video so all of this "girl crap" needs to go away. It is a CAR folks and if you like it buy it and if not don't. Pretty darn simple to me. :caged: I am more that tired of all of the whiners on this site here and the other links too. Can't wait for it to come out so I can get mine!!!!!

rich/minn
09-26-2007, 11:00 AM
Alex - THANKS for the video links!!! For all of the folks who don't know what they are talking about these "should" give the real interested folks a good idea. Some Infinit hype in the first, it was done by Infinit people... duh, one but VERY good info too. Looked to be all men in the video so all of this "girl crap" needs to go away. It is a CAR folks and if you like it buy it and if not don't. Pretty darn simple to me. :caged: I am more that tired of all of the whiners on this site here and the other links too. Can't wait for it to come out so I can get mine!!!!!

I don't think of myself as a whiner because I am disappointed in the ex35. I thought the ex35 would compete with the rdx and x3. It does not compete with those cuv's because the ex35 is in a new coupe crossover class. So i will admit the disappoint is more with my expectations. I personally think this car is a mistake but time will tell.

AlexF
09-26-2007, 11:05 AM
Here's another link to the PDF file in, case the other one is not working.
http://www.bestsharing.com/files/mcb5A4i343168/EX35.pdf.html

EX35
09-26-2007, 12:26 PM
I don't think of myself as a whiner because I am disappointed in the ex35. I thought the ex35 would compete with the rdx and x3. It does not compete with those cuv's because the ex35 is in a new coupe crossover class. So i will admit the disappoint is more with my expectations. I personally think this car is a mistake but time will tell.

Why does it not compete with those vehicles? Because of interior volume?

ZYAL8R808
09-26-2007, 02:33 PM
Despite what "class" it's in people will cross shop the EX with the RDX, X3 and RX330. It's just going to happen. I've had people cross shop Muranos to RAV4s and CRVs for crying out loud.

4U4ME
09-26-2007, 09:29 PM
I am sure it will come in from the base model around $32-33k, and go up to $42-43k fully optioned out. I think somewhere i there everyone can strike a happy medium.

I'm a guy and will be replacing my FX with this...CANNOT wait!!!
same here, I feel my Armada is too big and too much gas... and my wife need a car soon

da99
09-26-2007, 10:51 PM
Despite what "class" it's in people will cross shop the EX with the RDX, X3 and RX330. It's just going to happen.

Agreed, this is exactly what will happen. In the videos AlexF has posted, notice what vehicles the EX is being compared too.... the X3 and RX! I believe those videos were produced by Nissan/Infiniti themselves. So if Infiniti is comparing the EX35 to the X3 and RX330 in those videos, then I'd imagine the consumer is expected to and most likely will make the same comparisons.

bkushner
09-26-2007, 11:00 PM
those videos swayed me back to wanting this vehicle. Cargo area is big enough and rear seat looks ok enough. Optioned out this thing will be 40,000 to 43,000 though.

da99
09-27-2007, 01:46 PM
Pricing is what concerns me as well. I'm waiting to see the next redesigned Murano and if the next Murano is priced as the current one is, then a loaded one the way I would purchase it would be nearly 38-40k. If the EX is priced at 40k loaded the way I'd like, then I'll have some decision making to do lol.

JayG35
09-28-2007, 12:53 AM
It's interesting how the EX's width and shape of the wheel wells make it much easier to get multiple golf bags in there than with the X3.

da99
09-29-2007, 09:52 PM
I just noticed something while watching the Stefan Conrady (One of Infiniti's regional product managers for EX FX and QX... http://youtube.com/watch?v=ibUyK2xkvPM) video posted by AlexF that I felt needed to be pointed out to all those who are saying the EX is aimed at women. At about 1:45 into the video a slide is shown regarding the "demographics" targeted by Infiniti for the EX. If you pause the video and read the slide, it clearly states... "gender neutral". So there you have it guys, feel free to be a man and buy an EX without fear! :D

EX35
10-01-2007, 08:52 AM
Whew! What a relief to know that my masculinity will not be challenged!

I see a lot of this kind of thing in automotivbe Forums...men arguing over whether or not a vehicle is too 'feminine' or not...even down to the color. It's too bad that some men are so insecure about who they are that they let a misperception dictate which vehicle they buy and enjoy. I've seen arguments like this about the new G37...it's too bad.