PDA

View Full Version : Sleeves deformed.

simvegas
10-09-2007, 01:31 AM
Hey guys, so I recently had my sr23.5 running but it was blowing smoke. Turns out the # 3 and 4 sleeves had deformed and the rings werent sealing. Is this a common problem with 90mm bore and darton sleeves, is there a trick my machine shop doesnt know?
Id like to try again but wondering where to go as Im in Australia and might be worth someone in the USA providing me a pre-sleeved block to go with.
Mazworx?

TurboFabparts
10-09-2007, 02:13 AM
Call Mazworx!

datsqik
10-09-2007, 08:08 AM
Ive done quite a few sr's with darton sleeves and cp 90mm pistons and havent had any trouble yet. Im in Perth Western Australia and the place that does all my machining work is very particular. I have another 2 blocks that are just about to have darton sleeves fitted using 90mm pistons one of which has a tomei stroker crank aswell. The last couple of blocks ive 1/2 filled with hardblok but these are drag race only so cooling isnt really an issue. PM me if you interested or send an email to datsqik@iprimus.com.au

simvegas
10-09-2007, 04:42 PM
Im definitely interested. Emailed you.
If the install can be guaranteed that would be great. Hopefully I can get a refund from the machine shop that stuffed it up.