PDA

View Full Version : Thought you guys would find this interesting..

gsracer
10-20-2007, 12:46 AM
Found some old dyno plots of my SR20 w/ gt2871r @ 20 psi. No other mods except exhaust, intercooler & fuel of course

Over laid it in winpep to the vh45 dyno with headers and exhaust, Its no wonder it feels so much faster 100 + more ft lbs of torque at 2500 rpms lol

Very soon we will be getting the vh45 a little closer to that of the SR, an ecu retune should get me another 20whp above 5500 rpm as it runs a little rich up there.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v344/gsracer/VH%20POWER/GT2871rSR20vsVH45de.jpg

nsn240
10-20-2007, 03:23 AM
Looks good.. stock exh manifold and everything?
i tuned a car with the same setup @ 18/19psi and it made ~315
the 2871r is a great turbo

codyace
10-20-2007, 03:45 PM
*tim the tool man noises*

Great stuff. You just can't beat a v8 :D

Kingtal0n
10-23-2007, 09:43 AM
Dont worry, every advantage they have regarding displacement is ripped away at 8000 RPM. Feel better?

Ok, now imagine your 4.5 on boost. haha feeling bad again eh?

gsracer
10-23-2007, 12:16 PM
well the 4.5 will be spinning upwards of 9200 rpm very soon so I guess we'll see about that

Kingtal0n
10-24-2007, 03:11 PM
well the 4.5 will be spinning upwards of 9200 rpm very soon so I guess we'll see about that

lets see some dyno graphs, this should be really interesting. Im pulling up a chair, so to speak.

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 05:22 PM
well it was a formula atlantic motor iirc or at least the heads were.

MATT_BACK_VASS
10-24-2007, 07:18 PM
why are we still playing with sr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7O9a9KBKfk

steve shadows
10-24-2007, 07:38 PM
they are light? simple?

cheap

vosko
10-24-2007, 07:43 PM
why are we still playing with sr

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7O9a9KBKfk

wankels get boat love too

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpxK2ub-qCs"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpxK2ub-qCs

gsracer
10-24-2007, 10:53 PM
VH45 average from 200-400 at the junkyards lol

These are throw away motors lol.

THeses motors make 500hp all day in new zealand
I have even seen a VH41 make 830 hp on methanol.

I got this dyno from aussie land

This is cams high compression and itbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/C-Zero/YA7MNK8ON808K4D.jpg

smracing
10-25-2007, 02:40 PM
I love it! Lets add another motor to the list. (list of motors better than the sr20) I'm past ready to yank the POS sr20 out of my wife's car. I think I just might go with this.

jerrseyDriver
10-25-2007, 05:11 PM
I love it! Lets add another motor to the list. (list of motors better than the sr20) I'm past ready to yank the POS sr20 out of my wife's car. I think I just might go with this.
awesome!
i've been over the stupid SR for years. post a thread of the build whn you begin.
gsracer- cant wait till you spin it to 9k! na v8s beat down SRs every time in my book.
:)

gsracer
10-25-2007, 05:56 PM
The best part is now the car has a very smooth idle and very quiet until you rev it then its loud as hell and when people get next to you especially domestics at a light and try to race me i just rev up and you should see the looks on there faces ha ha. Usualy they dont want to race anymore after that, even though they could probably beat me most of the time lol.

bl200sx
10-25-2007, 10:25 PM
The best part is now the car has a very smooth idle and very quiet until you rev it then its loud as hell and when people get next to you especially domestics at a light and try to race me i just rev up and you should see the looks on there faces ha ha. Usualy they dont want to race anymore after that, even though they could probably beat me most of the time lol.

Thats funny....we need to here a sound clip of that! :cool: :D

Kingtal0n
10-26-2007, 01:32 PM
VH45 average from 200-400 at the junkyards lol

These are throw away motors lol.

THeses motors make 500hp all day in new zealand
I have even seen a VH41 make 830 hp on methanol.

I got this dyno from aussie land

This is cams high compression and itbs.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v169/C-Zero/YA7MNK8ON808K4D.jpg

Wow Jerry thats impressive. So why is everyone still mucking around with 2jz's? Did I miss the boat? why didnt anyone else tell me I could get a junk yard 4.5L for $500 and rev it to 9200RPM and make 500 horsepower all day.

steve shadows
10-26-2007, 01:46 PM
^ because after twin turbos custom head work and the like its more expensive than a rb26 or 2jz? :rolleyes:

gsracer
10-26-2007, 02:39 PM
Wow Jerry thats impressive. So why is everyone still mucking around with 2jz's? Did I miss the boat? why didnt anyone else tell me I could get a junk yard 4.5L for $500 and rev it to 9200RPM and make 500 horsepower all day.

Because its easy to be a fanboy and be part of the crowd Jordan. Thats why i run 295's on my 11 inch wide wheels and not super JDM tyte 215 fitment tires.

gsracer
10-26-2007, 02:48 PM
^ because after twin turbos custom head work and the like its more expensive than a rb26 or 2jz? :rolleyes:

Steve its not as expensive as you think, these motors dont have valve train issues like the SR, Im working on aquiring a set of cams right now, granted the cams and springs for this will cost me a little less than 1k, if you factor in the cost of everything its still cheaper than a basic
SR swap ,and I figure after cams with some tuning ill be close to 350-370 whp at about 8200 rpms with about the same tq. Ill need to open up the heads to see further gains up top from what im told.

Granted Im not going for 500 hp i want a good and reliable 400+.

Punch
10-26-2007, 02:50 PM
Because its easy to be a fanboy and be part of the crowd Jordan. Thats why i run 295's on my 11 inch wide wheels and not super JDM tyte 215 fitment tires.

QFT - Kingtal0n you need a mentor.

steve shadows
10-26-2007, 02:50 PM
well yeah then thats a diff story.

Im full aware of how great this motor is, cams, ems tuning and IM should yeild high 300s whp.

smracing
10-26-2007, 03:44 PM
I've been putting some thought into this. I already have a AEM EMS, just would have to be wasted spark. Gsracer already did the leg work for the z32 tranny. I already have 1 gt2871, just need 1 more. So for less than 3 grand Id have a pump gas 600hp car. I wonder how much this motor can take with a stock bottom end?

gsracer
10-26-2007, 03:45 PM
rumor is about 800 wheel due to the high compression, theres a couple companys that make forged low compression pistons for it

smracing
10-26-2007, 04:32 PM
My "local" yard has no less than 25 of the 4.5's laying around. I wonder if there are any parts from the 4.1 that are worth getting?

Punch
10-26-2007, 06:46 PM
I've been putting some thought into this. I already have a AEM EMS, just would have to be wasted spark. Gsracer already did the leg work for the z32 tranny. I already have 1 gt2871, just need 1 more. So for less than 3 grand Id have a pump gas 600hp car. I wonder how much this motor can take with a stock bottom end?

Do it. I would have done this motor when Jerry was doing his but at this point I have way too much into the SR.

shane_B
10-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeah, well there other V8 junkyard motors we can build too. Even one's made in the good old USA.

gsracer
10-26-2007, 07:42 PM
Yes there are but none are made by nissan :p

Kingtal0n
10-27-2007, 03:59 PM
So your just doing it to be different then? I didnt know JDM "tyte" tires were 215 fitment, whatever that means, sorry if I implied it somehow. We met, remember? and I had never seen a 240 before, except Finn's.
Thats still me, I had to look the word JDM up a few weeks ago. So your jokes about me being a JDM fanboy are going over my head. I love Camaro's, remember?
You sound so angry over nothing I was just asking about your project you never seem to want to talk about anything.

gsracer
10-27-2007, 04:49 PM

I havent decided yet whether you are trying to be funny or your posts just come out wrong.

Because If the above quote doesnt sound immensly sarcastic then I dont know what does.

I didnt say nowhere the VH was the god of motors, i was just simply posting a comparision of the two because I had both dynos.

No where did i post that you could buy a 500 dollar junkard motor and rev it to 9200rpm and make 500 hp.

I clearly stated you could buy the motor throw some cams , pistons etc and then make good power.

And as far as me being angry, I really could care less.

And for the record. You never asked about my project. In fact the first thing you posted in this thread is another attempt at sarcasm

Dont worry, every advantage they have regarding displacement is ripped away at 8000 RPM. Feel better?

Ok, now imagine your 4.5 on boost. haha feeling bad again eh?

Sideview_S13
10-27-2007, 05:51 PM
here's another jap v8 at work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3y7qbSCB44"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3y7qbSCB44

in the back of an ultima

spinning up to 9200 how much internal work were you planning to do??

Kingtal0n
10-30-2007, 10:09 AM
I havent decided yet whether you are trying to be funny or your posts just come out wrong.

They dont come out wrong

Because If the above quote doesnt sound immensly sarcastic then I dont know what does.
It is sarcastic, because you are supposed to be a friend, we have had lunch together more than once, you never had a problem with me in person. You helped me do my first SR20 swap. It should be ok if I poke some fun at your V8. Im being hypocritically sarcastic, Since I used to have the V8, and you used to have the 4-cylinder, remember? www.geocities.com/kingtaling/turbo.html (http://www.geocities.com/kingtaling/turbo.html)

I didnt say nowhere the VH was the god of motors, i was just simply posting a comparision of the two because I had both dynos.

No where did i post that you could buy a 500 dollar junkard motor and rev it to 9200rpm and make 500 hp.

I clearly stated you could buy the motor throw some cams , pistons etc and then make good power.

And now you know how I feel, I said the same thing, when people take **** out of context and use it against you. Except you should be aware that its all in good fun, Im not stupid, I dont really think V8 < anything Im just filling your shoes from 4 years ago, as the tables had turned lol.

And for the record. You never asked about my project. In fact the first thing you posted in this thread is another attempt at sarcasm
No. For the record, I had tried to make friendly forum convo ever since I met you and been unable to do so.

Heres my proof of attempted friendly forum contact, NO BS, in case you missed it:

11-05-2006
http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=158857

Still got that "antenna" hole in your front bumper I see Jerry :D
Whered the SR and the 2871R go?
I got no response. whats wrong, not friendly enough post? how many more :D do I need to add to get your attention?

I see a for sale post by you, and without thinking, bump with rep for you:
05-09-2006
http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=148985&highlight=jerry

Why Jerry? Got something new?
and Bump for an honest seller.
You ignore me again.

I try again:
02-27-2007
http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=164663

Where you been Jerry? Long time no talk.
I get no response, you completelly ignore my friendly post once again. At that point, I am thinking you are purposefully ignoring me for some reason. Woudlnt you? So now I have your attention, finally, and it took a poke to get it.

What do I need to do for you to prove I am your friend? Do I need to buy you lunch again? What do you want from me? I never did anything to you but try to be nice. wtf man. You and punch are both the same. Show me one post, one time, anywhere, that I Seriously put you down or said some ******** about you. It never happened Jerry. ****.

codyace
10-30-2007, 11:33 AM
It's just nutty to see how different the VH powerband is from a traditional LSx powerband...not that one is better than the other, but wow..totally different animals.

I'll forever maintain I'd rather have the LSx engine, simply for more attainable parts, larger aftermarket, etc etc, but really, Im' beginning to eat my own words about the VH45. Wow, you don't ever see people admitting they were once wrong on the internets...it must be about to blow up haha.

Punch
10-30-2007, 01:02 PM
They dont come out wrong

It is sarcastic, because you are supposed to be a friend, we have had lunch together more than once, you never had a problem with me in person. You helped me do my first SR20 swap. It should be ok if I poke some fun at your V8. Im being hypocritically sarcastic, Since I used to have the V8, and you used to have the 4-cylinder, remember? www.geocities.com/kingtaling/turbo.html (http://www.geocities.com/kingtaling/turbo.html)

And now you know how I feel, I said the same thing, when people take **** out of context and use it against you. Except you should be aware that its all in good fun, Im not stupid, I dont really think V8 < anything Im just filling your shoes from 4 years ago, as the tables had turned lol.

No. For the record, I had tried to make friendly forum convo ever since I met you and been unable to do so.

Heres my proof of attempted friendly forum contact, NO BS, in case you missed it:

11-05-2006
http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=158857

I got no response. whats wrong, not friendly enough post? how many more :D do I need to add to get your attention?

I see a for sale post by you, and without thinking, bump with rep for you:
05-09-2006
http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=148985&highlight=jerry

You ignore me again.

I try again:
02-27-2007
http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=164663

I get no response, you completelly ignore my friendly post once again. At that point, I am thinking you are purposefully ignoring me for some reason. Woudlnt you? So now I have your attention, finally, and it took a poke to get it.

What do I need to do for you to prove I am your friend? Do I need to buy you lunch again? What do you want from me? I never did anything to you but try to be nice. wtf man. You and punch are both the same. Show me one post, one time, anywhere, that I Seriously put you down or said some ******** about you. It never happened Jerry. ****.
^^ this diatribe is very bizarre.

gsracer
10-30-2007, 10:36 PM
So now I have your attention, finally, and it took a poke to get it.

This is the most DISTURBING thing I have ever read on a forum period.

What the hell is wrong you.

jilo860
10-31-2007, 09:57 AM
wow i dunno what to say.

Punch
10-31-2007, 10:14 AM

I could use a lunch.

Kingtal0n
11-01-2007, 06:02 PM
Its personal. tell me this, people of the forum, if you meet someone in person, introduced by ANOTHER friend, shake their hand, yes buy them lunch- you tell me you have never bought a friend lunch right after you met them as a gesture of good faith? Thats Disturbing to you all? Afterwards, got his HELP (assistance) Doing an SR20 Swap for the first time in my life... He is one of the reasons I got INTO what I do currently, he took me for a drive in his 240 by FUDDRUCKERS I will always remember it... to show me the true power of the 4-cylinder I was hooked.

Yes I considered him a good friend. But since then... ignored online like a troll... now claim I attacked the thread... ok

Punch I swear to you and those before me I would buy you lunch if you came to visit I buy all my friends lunch I dont care how disturbing you guys think it is.
Its a ****ed up world we live in where friends pretend they dont know you and call you disturbing just to save face on a forum. Does it look like I give a rats ass about what people think about my forum image? Because being a big dog online is important, right?

What the hell is wrong you. That would not hold up in court, but I guess its the best you can do. :bowdown: Yes what is wrong with me for thinking you were a good person. Im so horrible.

Kingtal0n
11-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Sorry Jerry, I forgot you lived in miami no wonder you thought it was disturbing. Here this should clear things up

Yo' jerry wtf dog why you trippin on me yo
its aight tho peace out tell Barney and Finn I said hi if you see them thx

gsracer
11-01-2007, 07:42 PM
Ok wow where do I begin.

Jordan I met you thru a friend, I have seen you in person maybe (and I stress maybe) 5 times in my entire life. The last time I saw or spoke to you was probably 2+ years ago. Do you really consider someone like that a friend? C'mon we are AT BEST aquaintances.

You post this stalker like dribble and expect me not to find it disturbing? Any reasonable person would.

As for this childish verbal diarrhea......

Sorry Jerry, I forgot you lived in miami no wonder you thought it was disturbing. Here this should clear things up

Yo' jerry wtf dog why you trippin on me yo
its aight tho peace out tell Barney and Finn I said hi if you see them thx

This is absolutly hilarious, :caged:

Obviously you dont know me that well considering I'm probably the preppiest Abercrombie & Fitch type you will ever meet. But yo yo dawg and all that other good stuff lol.

As far as Me saving face on this forum please..... I won't even waste bandwith on this site for that.

Lets get to the bottom line here.

I never said anywhere I had a problem with you. Aparently you are pissy because I either Ignored or Missed some posts you pointed in my direction.

All I can say is I am sorry, I had no idea talking to me meant so much to you, and I will try to be more sensitive to your needs next time.

There feel better...

Mods I'm done with this thread feel free to close this non sense at your convenience

Punch
11-01-2007, 08:03 PM
Its personal. tell me this, people of the forum, if you meet someone in person, introduced by ANOTHER friend, shake their hand, yes buy them lunch- you tell me you have never bought a friend lunch right after you met them as a gesture of good faith? Thats Disturbing to you all? Afterwards, got his HELP (assistance) Doing an SR20 Swap for the first time in my life... He is one of the reasons I got INTO what I do currently, he took me for a drive in his 240 by FUDDRUCKERS I will always remember it... to show me the true power of the 4-cylinder I was hooked.

Yes I considered him a good friend. But since then... ignored online like a troll... now claim I attacked the thread... ok

Punch I swear to you and those before me I would buy you lunch if you came to visit I buy all my friends lunch I dont care how disturbing you guys think it is.
Its a ****ed up world we live in where friends pretend they dont know you and call you disturbing just to save face on a forum. Does it look like I give a rats ass about what people think about my forum image? Because being a big dog online is important, right?

That would not hold up in court, but I guess its the best you can do. :bowdown: Yes what is wrong with me for thinking you were a good person. Im so horrible.

Seriously dude let it go. It's beyond ridiculous now. Don't get laughed out of this forum like the GTR forum. I think what we need to do is send a big booty Miami girl up to redneck davie to set you straight.

codyace
11-01-2007, 08:08 PM
MMMMMMMMMMMM big bad v8 power, making tire smokeshows since time

Punch
11-01-2007, 08:31 PM
^^ yeah this thread is about the VH right?

juggernaut
11-02-2007, 04:57 AM
I know this is not directly related to the topic but here's a vid of a VH45 in a ski boat.

NizPro VH45TT ski boat (http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=m_cRQhW7nj8)

Kingtal0n
11-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Thats better dog now we chillin yo Punch when you swinging by fo lunch its slow and Im bored at work
And when I said imagine the 4.5 on boost I WAS indeed referencing its tremendous displacement + boost = huge advantage jerry I was rooting for it from the beginning. And I would still come and help you move tomorrow if you asked, Jerry.

I dont see anything childish I see grown adults working out a misunderstanding on a public forum I know I type alot its because I am studying for law at least thats my excuse, when people sling insults I will start calling it childish ********.
Now do you have any vids of the VH on boost a google search didnt yield much I was thinking of an LSX swap soon but since you pointed out the VH I might as well take a look at what it really is.

Punch
11-02-2007, 05:46 PM
Thats better dog now we chillin yo Punch when you swinging by fo lunch its slow and Im bored at work
And when I said imagine the 4.5 on boost I WAS indeed referencing its tremendous displacement + boost = huge advantage jerry I was rooting for it from the beginning. And I would still come and help you move tomorrow if you asked, Jerry.

I dont see anything childish I see grown adults working out a misunderstanding on a public forum I know I type alot its because I am studying for law at least thats my excuse, when people sling insults I will start calling it childish ********.
Now do you have any vids of the VH on boost a google search didnt yield much I was thinking of an LSX swap soon but since you pointed out the VH I might as well take a look at what it really is.

Studying for law huh? What law school are you attending?

Black96
11-03-2007, 01:15 AM
Man, this really seems like a great swap. I'm assuming you've probably posted details on the swap, so I'm off to search for them!

ANd King Talon, calm down, man.

turboslut
11-07-2007, 03:14 PM

What the hell is wrong you.

Well if you end up in pieces in a bag somewhere...we know who to point the finger to...lol.

Kingtal0n
11-22-2007, 01:25 PM
http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/45/complaintdepartmentvp0.th.jpg (http://img404.imageshack.us/my.php?image=complaintdepartmentvp0.jpg)