PDA

View Full Version : Just placed a pre-order

scaryoutfit
10-21-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi all

well, after all the searching and reading this thread (and a few others), i jumped in. Ive just placed an order (with backout options) for the 1st consignment with my local dealer. The funny thing was the price was still unknown.

Im in a FX35 for now and my lease was runing out so time was of the essence ;-).

Looking forward to the new gadgets and interior comfort. I hope im not disapointed comparing to the FX...otherwise i'll have to switch to an FX instead.

Thanks for everyones inputs on this car.
L :auto:

AlexF
10-22-2007, 04:42 PM
Hi all

well, after all the searching and reading this thread (and a few others), i jumped in. Ive just placed an order (with backout options) for the 1st consignment with my local dealer. The funny thing was the price was still unknown.

Im in a FX35 for now and my lease was runing out so time was of the essence ;-).

Looking forward to the new gadgets and interior comfort. I hope im not disapointed comparing to the FX...otherwise i'll have to switch to an FX instead.

Thanks for everyones inputs on this car.
L :auto:
Congrats, you're the first person that took the plunge! at least from a documentation standpoint on this board! :D I called my local dealer a few days ago and they're taking pre-orders as well with a $1K refundable deposit, with no info on pricing. This might be BS, but they said they already got 61 pre-orders with a deposit. This is Ramsey Infiniti of New Jersey.

4U4ME
10-22-2007, 04:53 PM
I just talk to my local dealer(Tulsa, Ok), they said they are going to get one in store about middle of next month, so people can test drive and place an order on it...

scaryoutfit
11-12-2007, 06:24 PM
I just spoke to the dealer and apparently their was a 'kick off' session in Paris where dealers got their allocation and were doing their first orders.
Im told it should be in stock around late december.
Im also told they will get a demo model in 2 weeks or so.
i'll update when it gets here ;-)

EX35
11-12-2007, 07:10 PM
No one is getting my money until I can look, touch, and drive. My dealer said that they are only getting a few in December and none of them will have the surround camera and that there is a delay in bringing those to market. I don't beleive anything the dealers have to say...they all say different things. Either they don't know, or Infiniti sucks at communication.

kotoma
11-13-2007, 11:20 AM
I don't see a reason to rush. I wait after all bugs for first year model fixed before getting my hand on it.

EX35
11-13-2007, 12:51 PM
'Bugs' can pop-up at any year in the life-cycle...they aren't exclusive to a new model year. Since this is on a shortened G platform, with the same engine, etc, I wouldn't expect many problems. I remember my first year G35 had several problems, but my first year FX has been flawless since the day I bought it in '03.

I see you have on '07G35...that was a complete re-design, so you seem to have been willing to assume some risk there.

kotoma
11-14-2007, 11:33 AM
'Bugs' can pop-up at any year in the life-cycle...they aren't exclusive to a new model year. Since this is on a shortened G platform, with the same engine, etc, I wouldn't expect many problems. I remember my first year G35 had several problems, but my first year FX has been flawless since the day I bought it in '03.

I see you have on '07G35...that was a complete re-design, so you seem to have been willing to assume some risk there.

Not many problems but one big issue make me sold it. Got stranded because of malfunction keyfob. Other issues make me hate it (sunroof liner keeps falling off, heat seat doesn't work as expected and dealer keeps saying it is normal). I can pay big bugs to get luxury car, but not a luxury car with problems.

I LEARNED THIS LESSON. Sold G35 and will come back to EX35 a few years after it comes out.