PDA

View Full Version : Projected lease rates

mjatlanta
12-13-2007, 04:10 PM
I've been following the EX for some time now. I finally saw it at Bloomingdale's, and short of still needing to test drive it, I was quite sure it was going to be the vehicle to replace my 2005 FX 35. That was, until I saw the projected lease rates posted on an Atlanta area dealership website.
For a little background, my current FX 35 listed for $38,600. I leased it for zero down, $535 a month (including taxes), and the dealership cut a check to pay off my prior lease (a Jeep), for $1100.
I want an EX 35 Journey with premium package, wood and luxe elite package.
The list price for that would roughly equal one of the two leases listed on the dealer website. This website lists an EX for $40,311. 24 months, $499 a month, and a whopping $5000 down. So I'd be paying over $756 a month for this vehicle. Now, if I equate it to my current 39 month lease, I'd end up paying $671.10 vs. $558.71 a month (assuming I had leased an FX for $40,311). I'm sorry, but $112 more a month for the EX vs. the same MSRP FX is on the verge of price gouging.
Again, the quotes on the dealer site are projections, as they note they don't have any hard guidance from Infiniti yet. But I'm betting they will end up being fairly accurate. Good luck to Infiniti selling this car after they satisfy all the early adopters who would likely pay any price to be the first to have a new product. This is NOT the way to introduce a new vehicle in my humble opinion.

So what does everyone think...is this price gouging? Would you pay that much more for the EX? I'm going to give the Atlanta area dealerships 60 days to come back down to reality, and if they don't, they lose a sale, and likely a customer for life. This is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

mkfx35
12-13-2007, 04:44 PM
My 04 FX35 touring/sport sticker was 41800, I paid $37500 and put zero down 39 months lease was $469, I would assume there will be no lease support for the new EX, therefor my guess a similiar lease will cost upwards of $600+ a month

4U4ME
12-13-2007, 04:46 PM
so its better to wait until the early hipe to die away...
infiniti did priced this SUV litttle high
well time will tell if they are really going to sell or not

EX35
12-13-2007, 05:38 PM
I wouldn't call it price gouging...I mean, they can charge whatever they want, right? Remember, with credit being the way it is now, we are not going to see the great interest/lease rates except maybe during promos. Give it 30-60 days when the 2nd and 3rd shipments of EXs comes in.

If they don't come down, move on. They really don't care if they lose you 'for life'...you are just one fish in the vast sea.

mjatlanta
12-13-2007, 06:55 PM
Sony took the same attitude with the PS3, taking their loyal customers for granted and expecting them to pay whatever Sony asked, just because they are Sony, and they are currently a distant third in a three horse race. Charging such high lease rates will do nothing to maintain customer loyalty and will turn off potential new customers. I won't be the only one they lose, trust me. I'm still hoping they will move quickly towards reasonable lease rates. However, if they don't, the EX will likely become a niche vehicle. At a reasonable price, I think it could sell extremely well, perhaps only second to the G. Still hope to get an EX, but I won't get one at any price.

4U4ME
12-13-2007, 06:59 PM
I wouldn't call it price gouging...I mean, they can charge whatever they want, right? Remember, with credit being the way it is now, we are not going to see the great interest/lease rates except maybe during promos. Give it 30-60 days when the 2nd and 3rd shipments of EXs comes in.

If they don't come down, move on. They really don't care if they lose you 'for life'...you are just one fish in the vast sea.

i don't agree with you last statement. he/you/i, one fish in the vast sea, but all the fish doesn't want G or EX. when the fish comes around get it, later or another fish may come now or way too late.
Like Toyta did with their Tundura, when the new one came out the sales where too slow, then they throw some sales. got many people bought it. now not much of incentives on them. so when EX comes out these dealers get as many as people at the begining and then stable the price.
When i went to buy my G, i had my friend with me to buy the car. they didn't want to sell us the G '08, on sticker. He went and got Camery 08. I waited 3 more weeks, i called talk to another sales person and got 3k off the sticker on my 08 G. so any person who is comming to buy a car, you want their business. Infiniti is not Honda, Nissan or Toyota. those brand sell alot. Infiniti stil neeed to get their sales numbers up and the profits too.

EX35
12-13-2007, 07:02 PM
Sony took the same attitude with the PS3, taking their loyal customers for granted and expecting them to pay whatever Sony asked, just because they are Sony, and they are currently a distant third in a three horse race. Charging such high lease rates will do nothing to maintain customer loyalty and will turn off potential new customers. I won't be the only one they lose, trust me. I'm still hoping they will move quickly towards reasonable lease rates. However, if they don't, the EX will likely become a niche vehicle. At a reasonable price, I think it could sell extremely well, perhaps only second to the G. Still hope to get an EX, but I won't get one at any price.

The EX is already a niche vehicle...and again, they really don't care. otherwise, they'd be offering great rates right out the door. Which Atlanta dealersip r u talking about? I bought 2 Infinitis from Infiniti of South Atlanta and got VPP pricing both times. You can bet the EX will be at VPP before long.

mjatlanta
12-13-2007, 07:09 PM
Gwinnett. Which is why it is shocking to me. They usually post really good lease rates (relatively speaking). I was kinda hoping they'd do what they did with the original G20 (which I had eons ago), and blow the EX out with an intro sale. In fact, my current dealership, formerly Troncalli, thought they might do something similar "to get the car on the road for others to see". Anyhoo, I guess you are right, they don't care, which is my point really. They will in time with that unfortunate attitude. That's too bad, as I love Infiniti vehicles. Anyway, EX35, I've read your comments in the past about VPP pricing. How does one get that pricing if you aren't an employee? And do you think the EX would fall in that category before mid March?

EX35
12-13-2007, 07:17 PM
Gwinnett. Which is why it is shocking to me. They usually post really good lease rates (relatively speaking). I was kinda hoping they'd do what they did with the original G20 (which I had eons ago), and blow the EX out with an intro sale. In fact, my current dealership, formerly Troncalli, thought they might do something similar "to get the car on the road for others to see". Anyhoo, I guess you are right, they don't care, which is my point really. They will in time with that unfortunate attitude. That's too bad, as I love Infiniti vehicles. Anyway, EX35, I've read your comments in the past about VPP pricing. How does one get that pricing if you aren't an employee? And do you think the EX would fall in that category before mid March?

Look on the Infiniti news site...they list the names of companies on the VPP list. If you work for one of them, you can get that pricing. If your company is not on the list, sometimes you can get a promo rate close to VPP.

mjatlanta
12-13-2007, 07:19 PM
Oh ok. I thought it was for their own employees only. Thanks EX. I know the G37 has recently fallen under the VPP pricing. Maybe there is some hope the EX will before my time runs out on my lease.

jfruend
12-15-2007, 11:37 AM
If someone offered a car you hated at a ridiculous monthly payment would you buy it? I understand monthly budgets and all but buy the car not the payment. Having run the numbers the EX35 will lease in the low 600's for 36 - 39 months for an AWD Journey with roof rack and premium pkg. with minimal out of pocket. As "bad" as this may sound the fact is that Infiniti wants to lower their lease/purchase ratio and this clearly evident with the current APR offers on the G37 but no lease help. The EX rates are better than the coupes but the residuals are not. Will this make the EX a great lease car then one to purchase at end of term to make some $ like the 03 - 04 coupes and FX's??? Time will tell. If the intial numbers are too high wait 60 - 90 days. Infiniti wants this vehicle to be their 2nd highest volume car.

mjatlanta
12-16-2007, 02:37 PM
I never buy a vehicle I've leased. I get tired of cars quickly. Though I have to say I've loved my FX the entire lease. It's just a little too big for my taste. I wish they'd released the EX earlier...I could have waited longer for better lease rates. Right now, I guess I'll be a victim of bad timing as my lease expires in March. I may test drive the G37, as the lease rates for that are already dropping and I have $1000 lease loyalty to put towards one. Bottom line is, I expect a comparable lease to the one I got on my FX, all things being equal. The EX would probably be the best vehicle for me overall, but now is not the time for me to overpay on a vehicle, as I just had my house built and have to furnish the !@%@ thing!

jfruend
12-17-2007, 06:04 PM
Let's see how the rates adjust between now and then. Infiniti wants the EX to be their 2nd highest volume car so...we'll see. In the mean time go drive one and see how it runs out. Just don''t get the itch too early:hsdance:

Ricofx45
12-17-2007, 07:11 PM
mj,
I'm in the same boat as you. My G35 lease is up in April and I really like the EX, but if there are no deals and the rates are too high, with bad residuals, I might just go for a good deal on an 07 M. With every package, which I want, it will push it up to mid 40's and I don't feel like paying alot more per month.
I saw the Ex at Bloomingdales this weekend too and it was nice and not as tight as everyone is making it out o be. I thought it was just as roomy as my G and a great interior which is what's important to me.
I use Gwinnett too, but you need to get pricing from every dealership and play against each other.

mjatlanta
12-18-2007, 11:27 AM
Rico, you should be able to swing a pretty good deal on an 07 M. I was impressed with the EX at Bloomies too. But I was a bit put off by just how much of a push they are making towards women. While it wouldn't dissuade me from purchasing one, I think there will be a lot of men who will think twice about it. I mean, the purse on the pedestal was a bit much when you are trying to straddle the line b/w promoting the car towards men and women. One thing that did surprise me about the interior was how firm the seats were. I expected them to feel more plush, as this car is obviously being marketed to women more so than other Infiniti vehicles. Also, many of the surfaces on the dash don't feel as soft to the touch as they look. Overall though, still the best interior I've seen yet on an Infiniti, and maybe on any vehicle. Good luck Rico...be sure to post what you end up with and what kind of deal you get.

4U4ME
12-18-2007, 02:19 PM
Rico, you should be able to swing a pretty good deal on an 07 M. I was impressed with the EX at Bloomies too. But I was a bit put off by just how much of a push they are making towards women. While it wouldn't dissuade me from purchasing one, I think there will be a lot of men who will think twice about it. I mean, the purse on the pedestal was a bit much when you are trying to straddle the line b/w promoting the car towards men and women. One thing that did surprise me about the interior was how firm the seats were. I expected them to feel more plush, as this car is obviously being marketed to women more so than other Infiniti vehicles. Also, many of the surfaces on the dash don't feel as soft to the touch as they look. Overall though, still the best interior I've seen yet on an Infiniti, and maybe on any vehicle. Good luck Rico...be sure to post what you end up with and what kind of deal you get.

that is the one main reason why i went and got the G35 sedan. if this thing is really for women and too many women are buying it, I really can't drive it.

EX35
12-18-2007, 02:38 PM
that is the one main reason why i went and got the G35 sedan. if this thing is really for women and too many women are buying it, I really can't drive it.

That's a silly reason...almost a 'feminine' reason, lol! :rolleyes:

I was counting just this weekend, and ever G I saw was being driven by a woman...just saying.

How about buying and driving what brings you pleasure?

4U4ME
12-18-2007, 03:24 PM
That's a silly reason...almost a 'feminine' reason, lol! :rolleyes:

I was counting just this weekend, and ever G I saw was being driven by a woman...just saying.

How about buying and driving what brings you pleasure?
well if you red my previous posts, I bought it for my wife, well:D , well who is going to drive more???;) , that is why didn't want to buy EX, what if its too much on frminine side than CUV.

EX35
12-18-2007, 03:59 PM
well if you red my previous posts, I bought it for my wife, well:D , well who is going to drive more???;) , that is why didn't want to buy EX, what if its too much on frminine side than CUV.

It's a CAR...femininity is in the eye of the beholder. Who do you think drives all those big SUVs? WOMEN! Does that make the vehicle 'feminine' because a woman drives it? LOL!!! Of course not...just like a vehicle does not become more mascualine because a lot of men drive it.

4U4ME
12-18-2007, 04:02 PM
It's a CAR...femininity is in the eye of the beholder. Who do you think drives all those big SUVs? WOMEN! Does that make the vehicle 'feminine' because a woman drives it? LOL!!! Of course not...just like a vehicle does not become more mascualine because a lot of men drive it.

okay there is difference, all girls like the BOYS TOYS;) , but buys doesn't like the girls toys, talking about cars,

JJS
12-18-2007, 09:32 PM
Seeing a lease number on a web-site for a car that is not even out yet is totally meaningless. I would not fret over that number yet. That is a "list price" lease number. I promise there will be plenty of room to move on that number. One thing about leases, many people don't understand where the number comes from, so they can start high and look for the first sucker who comes along.

EX35
12-19-2007, 08:14 AM
Seeing a lease number on a web-site for a car that is not even out yet is totally meaningless. I would not fret over that number yet. That is a "list price" lease number. I promise there will be plenty of room to move on that number. One thing about leases, many people don't understand where the number comes from, so they can start high and look for the first sucker who comes along.

Exactly! ;)