PDA

View Full Version : Anyone seen the new EX yet?

Kefer
12-14-2007, 10:06 PM
I happened to get a glimpse at the new EX at the mall tonight (they have an EX in the Macy's at South Coast Plaza in Costa Mesa...odd place to see it, but anyways).

Not my sort of vehicle, but YIKES you have got to see the interior on this vehicle to see what Infiniti is capable of! It is absolutely gorgeous - I would say from what I saw it is easily on a par with Lexus and Audi (my two favorite brands for interior design/quality). Unfortunately it was locked so I couldn't get in it, but from what I saw pressing my nose against the glass it is impressive. My M's interior doesn't look so great anymore...

JJS
12-14-2007, 10:24 PM
I have not seen one in person, but have seen some good pics - you are right about the interior. I wish the M looked that good. I'm putting it on my short list to replace my wife's Expedition. I can't wait to see one in person.

BTW, Edmunds does have pricing on the EX now.

JIMMY_M35
12-15-2007, 03:22 PM
Yeah, I agree with Kefer. The interior is beautiful.

macadamianutz
12-15-2007, 07:44 PM
I've seen it in person as have several other forum members. It's a beautiful vehicle in and out but especially on the inside. It's just small though. Those that buy it I think are going to be very happy with their purchase :p

JIMMY_M35
12-15-2007, 08:17 PM
I've seen it in person as have several other forum members. It's a beautiful vehicle in and out but especially on the inside. It's just small though. Those that buy it I think are going to be very happy with their purchase :p

Agree, with it being small.....Just imagine how the new FX will look:rolleyes: Hmmmm...............

macadamianutz
12-16-2007, 07:55 AM
Agree, with it being small.....Just imagine how the new FX will look:rolleyes: Hmmmm...............

With the momentum that Infiniti has had, I'm sure they'll make the FX a winner as well. Hopefully they'll take the concept of "bionic cheetah" to a whole new level.

turboale
12-17-2007, 12:08 PM
with the cayenne in its sights...

mkaresh
12-17-2007, 01:59 PM
The car's not at dealers yet, right?

On other forums, people who have seen it have mostly been disappointed by the size of the rear seat and cargo area. None of the entries in the compact performance SUV segment has really taken off yet.

My main problem with it: no manual transmission.

macadamianutz
12-17-2007, 03:09 PM
The car's not at dealers yet, right?

On other forums, people who have seen it have mostly been disappointed by the size of the rear seat and cargo area. None of the entries in the compact performance SUV segment has really taken off yet.

My main problem with it: no manual transmission.

It doesn't go on sale until the very end of this month I think or early in January. It is small in size and alas, no manual transmission. Someone's gonna love it though....lol.

EX35
12-17-2007, 07:00 PM
It doesn't go on sale until the very end of this month I think or early in January. It is small in size and alas, no manual transmission. Someone's gonna love it though....lol.

Dealer called today...they are coming in tomorrow...will be able to test drive one on Thursday.

lawman12
12-17-2007, 08:59 PM
I am going to ban all of you......

unless you post some pics......:26:

okay so maybe not ban but I am too lazy to look, anyone have some pics?????

thanks!

JIMMY_M35
12-17-2007, 09:26 PM
Here you go Lawman....

link to photos:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/infiniti-ex-concept/

4U4ME
12-17-2007, 09:44 PM
those are old pictures
seen it million times
thank you

Mark35S
12-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Style-ish for sure. But what the heck is this vehicle FOR? Can you fit a bike into it? ONto it? Four adults? Two adults and two car seats? I'm not gettin' the demographic here... :ubb_confused:

JIMMY_M35
12-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Style-ish for sure. But what the heck is this vehicle FOR? Can you fit a bike into it? ONto it? Four adults? Two adults and two car seats? I'm not gettin' the demographic here... :ubb_confused:

Dont' know?. I think its out there to compete with the X3 and others in that class (mini SUV). IMO.

lawman12
12-18-2007, 01:59 AM
Here you go Lawman....

link to photos:

http://www.autoblog.com/photos/infiniti-ex-concept/

Jimmy, thanks! I have never seen the pics so thanks for the link... also I hope the "coming soon" 1/08 is something IMPULsive.......

:D

JIMMY_M35
12-18-2007, 04:37 AM
Jimmy, thanks! I have never seen the pics so thanks for the link... also I hope the "coming soon" 1/08 is something IMPULsive.......

:D

Yes, it would be the Impul if all works out or the KS if it falls through, the other one is the JP exhaust and the last one is a secret and be original.

EX35
12-18-2007, 09:15 AM

Yes...you can fit a bike into it...they tested it on MotorWeek this past weekend...said there is room in the back for a mountain bike (with the seat down).

Search You Tube for EX...lots of videos there.

JJS
12-18-2007, 06:45 PM

Mark - I'm guessing you are pretty young. In the late 70s and most of the 80s, three and five door hatchbacks were all the rage. Think of this as simply a five door hatchback. Honestly, it probably has about as much room as a Lexus RX350 - which they sell tons of.

In 1983 I bought a Mazda 626 five door hatchback. I could have bought the same car in a conventional sedan, but wanted the hatchback because I'm forever going to Home Improvement stores to pick up stuff for around the house that won't fit in a conventional trunk.

I have an Expedition for that now, and I'm really thinking of something like the EX. It will handle most of what I really need to haul, and I can easily borrow a pickup for the once a year or so that I need to haul something bigger.

mkaresh
12-18-2007, 07:35 PM
The Lexus RX is considerably roomier than the EX, both in the back seat and the cargo area. Do a price comparison on my site, and a specs comparison is included. All for the low, low price of, well, free.

Car price comparisons (http://www.truedelta.com/prices.php)

That said, the specs aren't a precise indicator of how roomy a vehicle seems. I don't know why this is, I've just noticed it too many times to ignore.

JJS
12-18-2007, 08:54 PM
The Lexus RX is considerably roomier than the EX, both in the back seat and the cargo area. Do a price comparison on my site, and a specs comparison is included. All for the low, low price of, well, free.

Car price comparisons (http://www.truedelta.com/prices.php)

That said, the specs aren't a precise indicator of how roomy a vehicle seems. I don't know why this is, I've just noticed it too many times to ignore.

I know the RX has more room, but not enough to make a difference as to what it is going to be used for (in my opinion). BTW, I have priced the both - the EX is several thousand dollars cheaper with similar equipment.

Thanks for posting.

mkaresh
12-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Maybe so. I'm interesting in checking out the EX myself. Would go this week--except the roads aren't so good around Detroit.

dumbluck
12-19-2007, 07:16 PM
I sat in one today. With the rear seats down (how I'd mostly have them) there's tons of room back there. I could definitely put my bike in, or skis/snowboard. The seats pop down flat and no fiddling with headrests or anything. Then power back up.

I love the way this car looks. Can't wait to drive it. My dealer got four in. One sold already. I'm not a STICKER PRICE guy, though, so I'll wait to see what happens the first few months.

JJS
12-19-2007, 08:01 PM
I stopped at my dealer today. He has three there. He got six in, all six are sold - three have already been delivered. I sat in one - this is what Infiniti needs to do with all of their interiors. It's amazing what they did with what is basically a G35.

He told me the car is set up to ride "softer" than the FX or the G according to what his technician who drove one of them said.

Mark35S
01-06-2008, 11:59 AM
I've been reading Warren Brown's Sunday Post "On Wheels" column/reviews for years and have come to respect his expertise and, sometimes quirky personal opinions. While he has high praise for the EX35, he does echo (and answers) my nagging "but what's it for" query from an earlier post.

You can read it here. (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/01/03/AR2008010303539.html?hpid=sidecar)

kotoma
01-06-2008, 06:43 PM
I wonder why it doesn't have privacy glas (tint) or at least has it as an option as in BMW X3. This is the very first luxury brand CUV/SUV that does not have this feature (standard or option).