PDA

View Full Version : Yeesh. That's not good.

The Weatherman
12-18-2007, 12:00 AM
The transmission? Yikes. Quiet pipes? Yikes. Slower steering ratios? Yikes. OH! And the halogen high-beams? It looked like that was true, but wait, maybe bi-xenons are an option with the Luxe Elite, right? Let me know what you think. I'm now REALLY thinking of waiting for the FX. I thought this thing was going to be a lock. Darn feminine engineering. Making our cars soft. :mad: Hey, different strokes.

EX35
12-18-2007, 09:10 AM
The transmission? Yikes. Quiet pipes? Yikes. Slower steering ratios? Yikes. OH! And the halogen high-beams? It looked like that was true, but wait, maybe bi-xenons are an option with the Luxe Elite, right? Let me know what you think. I'm now REALLY thinking of waiting for the FX. I thought this thing was going to be a lock. Darn feminine engineering. Making our cars soft. :mad: Hey, different strokes.

Saw the EX tested on Motorweek this weekend and they said the exhaust had that 'sports car growl' to it.

What about the transmission? I don;t know what 'The transmission?' means...

Relax, please...

If size matters...wait for the FX. :D

kotoma
12-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Great! I have one less competitor for the car :)

To tell the truth, not many interested in EX as I wander around other forums. Most wait for next generation of BMW X3 and Lexus RX. Lexus will have new CUV soon. Seem like only current infiniti owners interesting in EX. I think the price will be adjusted after one year if this trend holds.

EX35
12-18-2007, 11:54 AM
Great! I have one less competitor for the car :)

To tell the truth, not many interested in EX as I wander around other forums. Most wait for next generation of BMW X3 and Lexus RX. Lexus will have new CUV soon. Seem like only current infiniti owners interesting in EX. I think the price will be adjusted after one year if this trend holds.

LOL, u think they will adjust the price downward, LOL...expect the next gen X3 to go up, as well as the next gen RX and Infinitit FX. By then, the EX will be sitting just fine where it is.

If anything, the financing and lease rates will be more competitive. Right now, no one has even negotiated a real world deal, so we know nothing.

Jawad
12-18-2007, 12:48 PM
Darn feminine engineering. Making our cars soft. :mad:

If you're such a manly man, go buy a Hummer H2:rolleyes:

The Weatherman
12-18-2007, 02:05 PM
If you're such a manly man, go buy a Hummer H2:rolleyes:

My dad had one. NO WAY! He bought a Rover Sport Supercharged, and that is one well-built, quick machine that can tow a house! Everyone just calm down about my first post. If anyone is like me, has an FX, you know why we love it. It's in your face. The EX seems much more subdued. That's all I'm talking about. Great car? Yes. My style? I don't know. I was really excited about it until the link I sent talked about the EX's "softer" side. If you like it, great! These things never break, and are a joy to drive.

222Max
12-18-2007, 02:16 PM
If anyone is like me, has an FX, you know why we love it. It's in your face. The EX seems much more subdued. That's all I'm talking about. Great car?
I would think anyone who was in love with the current FX would certainly hold out for the new one, due in about a year. Imagine an FX with the interior quality of the EX. Sweet!

Jawad
12-18-2007, 02:20 PM
But enough of "feminine engineering" alraedy. It can handle as well as the FX, but the ride is more forgiving. You don't have to have a harsh rider to prove a point that its so manly. So they gave up a little in style as oppose to FX, but it could've been as ugly as RDX or X3 or the upcoming GLK. That thing is a monster.

4U4ME
12-18-2007, 02:22 PM
I would think anyone who was in move with the current FX would certainly hold out for the new one, due in about a year. Imagine an FX with the interior quality of the EX. Sweet!
I am sure all the new Vehicles from nissan/infiniti will have much better quality than ever before. I hope Ghosn learned from previous misstakes

The Weatherman
12-18-2007, 09:18 PM
Are we not allowed to post links from different forums? I had a link posted with a bunch of new pictures and a full review from a g35 owner. That's wierd.

EX35
12-19-2007, 08:13 AM
Are we not allowed to post links from different forums? I had a link posted with a bunch of new pictures and a full review from a g35 owner. That's wierd.

I read that 'review'...I hate reviews from Forum posters...they are so biased...I rarely find one that offers any real value. That's what the auto rags are for. At least people there are experienced reviewers, even if they too have their biases, I know they at least try to be objective.