PDA

View Full Version : I drove an EX and....

ZYAL8R808
12-18-2007, 02:55 PM
I drove an EX35 Sunday. It had the Premium, Technology, Navigation, Luxe Style Packages. It was the brownish exterior with Chocolate interior.

I didn't take it for a long drive. I did notice a significant difference in the accleration over my current FX35. Of course that was expected. What struck me the most is the overall height. It was parked next to a M45 an the rooflines were almost the same. It felt very much like a '07 G35 sedan while driving with a touch more bodyroll.

The rear seat legroom is going to be a concern for most as there is not much. It's not terrible but I'm 5'8" tall. Im sure taller folks will be uncomfortable back there. I was also disappointed with the lack of reclining rear seats like my FX.

I was also not wowed by the interior like I was looking at photos of it. I'm not sure if it was the Chocolate toned interior or what. It definitely is one of the nicest interiors I've seen on an Infiniti but not by much. The AVM was pretty cool. It just takes a little getting used to seeing your car from the top down and how everything around you moves in relation to the image.

Overall, the EX feels....well....like a G35 sedan and FX put together. It does feel much more skewed toward the G35. It makes my FX feel like a boat in terms of accleration and handling. I, for one, would probably just opt for the G35 sedan because of the increased passenger room in the rear. The cargo space is also not much better unless the seats in the EX are folded flat.

My opinion is that Infiniti should have brought over something like the Stagea. Afterall, the EX is more of a wagon than a SUV. Hopefully the EX does not meet the same fate as the Audi Allroad.

I will not be getting one. The styling is too bland outside and there is no sense in getting this over the G35 in my opinion. It's not a bad car/SUV (whatever you want to call it) but it just doesn't do anything for me.

4U4ME
12-18-2007, 03:21 PM
would like to see some pcitures too

ZYAL8R808
12-19-2007, 01:44 PM
I didn't take any pictures. My apologies.

palmerwmd
12-19-2007, 01:57 PM
Thanks for the write-up!!!

Fred..:auto:

PS: Yes someone take some pics especially of interior :yesnod:

MandiB
12-19-2007, 04:50 PM
how did you like that color combination? that's the one I'm thinking of.