PDA

View Full Version : Who got a Lease Rate?

zskylar
12-20-2007, 11:18 AM
What was the residual, money factor and term?

4U4ME
12-20-2007, 06:23 PM
who got the first car from this forums?

EX35
12-21-2007, 09:17 AM
Wife and I went to drive the EX last night and we loved it. Sadly though, the lease rates are ridiculous. We can get better leases on more car (ANY other Infiniti for example). So, we are going to pass. We were going to wait and see if the rates improve, but we decide that we wanted to take advantage of so many other good rates out there now. I would have even purchased it if the dealer would go VPP, but they said they weren't doing that for 4-6 months.

Good luck to all of you who lease/buy the EX!

mjatlanta
12-21-2007, 11:21 AM
I told you so! Now you see I wasn't kidding! They've lost their minds.

mjatlanta
12-21-2007, 01:03 PM
For those wondering, the lease deal I was quoted from an Atlanta area dealer was $499 a month, $5,100 down, 36 months on a $40,300 EX. I'm sure there are some early adopters out there who are so desperate for attention, they'll pay that to ensure they are first on the block to have one. More power to them. Just like the iPhone dropped $200 within a few months of release, the EX lease prices will plummet at some point in the future. Unfortunately I doubt they'll go down fast enough for me, since my lease expires shortly. I'm thinking about the G37, if I can get a reasonable lease. I expected more from Infiniti with this launch. Competitive lease prices from day one would have sent a strong message to the market that they are serious about volume sales of this vehicle. The current lease prices send the message that the car is elitist and a niche product. Oh well, hopefully the G37 will float my boat: ) I'll still test drive the EX to get my $100 Bloomie's gift card.

EX35
12-21-2007, 01:08 PM
For those wondering, the lease deal I was quoted from an Atlanta area dealer was $499 a month, $5,100 down, 36 months on a $40,300 EX. I'm sure there are some early adopters out there who are so desperate for attention, they'll pay that to ensure they are first on the block to have one. More power to them. Just like the iPhone dropped $200 within a few months of release, the EX lease prices will plummet at some point in the future. Unfortunately I doubt they'll go down fast enough for me, since my lease expires shortly. I'm thinking about the G37, if I can get a reasonable lease. I expected more from Infiniti with this launch. Competitive lease prices from day one would have sent a strong message to the market that they are serious about volume sales of this vehicle. The current lease prices send the message that the car is elitist and a niche product. Oh well, hopefully the G37 will float my boat: ) I'll still test drive the EX to get my $100 Bloomie's gift card.

What is the residual and money factor?

mjatlanta
12-21-2007, 02:13 PM
https://pictures.dealer.com/infinitiofgwinnett/e8f06f004046387201ae74f55fe0bcbf.jpg

mjatlanta
12-21-2007, 02:15 PM
Hope it's ok to cut and paste that...I don't work for the dealership (and if I did, I wouldn't be advertising that rate!

EX35
12-21-2007, 03:23 PM
Hope it's ok to cut and paste that...I don't work for the dealership (and if I did, I wouldn't be advertising that rate!

That's pretty damned good. The residual quoted to my wife was 52% on a 12k mile per year lease. The saleslady told her that was 'set by Infiniti for all dealers across the US'.

jfruend
12-21-2007, 05:51 PM
Also the Journey and base models are different so make sure you are talking apples to apples. As for you currently in Infiniti lease and want an EX continue your lease on a month to month basis until the lease rates drop. From my experience with the company and the projected production numbers that should be around February or March. But by that time we will know what the new FX is all about and that may open another can of worms......

JJS
12-21-2007, 08:30 PM
What is the residual and money factor?

I'd like to know as well. How do ya'll know whether the lease is a bad deal, or they are just not dealing on the sell price? The lease rates might be reasonable and they are just not moving from list price. If that's the case, it's going to effect whether you are buying or leasing.

Just quoting a monthly payment really doesn't tell us much at this point. They have to start somewhere.

mjatlanta
12-21-2007, 08:39 PM
They aren't coming off the MSRP at all right now. But the main reason the lease is so bad is the 56% residual. The same dealership posting those abysmal lease rates for the EX is showing residuals for the G35 and G37 in the low 70s and high 60s. The lease rates will drop, but I don't know that I have the patience, and I don't want to go month to month on my current lease, though that might be a good idea for others in my situation. I test drove the EX this evening and the G37. MUCH preferred the G37. Yeah, they are very different cars, I know. I'll post impressions in the test drive post.

jzr28
12-22-2007, 02:15 PM
They aren't coming off the MSRP at all right now. But the main reason the lease is so bad is the 56% residual. The same dealership posting those abysmal lease rates for the EX is showing residuals for the G35 and G37 in the low 70s and high 60s. The lease rates will drop, but I don't know that I have the patience, and I don't want to go month to month on my current lease, though that might be a good idea for others in my situation. I test drove the EX this evening and the G37. MUCH preferred the G37. Yeah, they are very different cars, I know. I'll post impressions in the test drive post.

So you are saying that same dealer has 70% residuals for 36 month leases??? We are talking apples to apples here aren't we?? I have never seen a 70% residual for that long of a lease or a high 60% for that matter. Maybe 12/18/24 months but 36??? I think I find that hard to believe. If they do I know where I will lease my next Infiniti !!!

ZYAL8R808
12-22-2007, 05:53 PM
If you lease through IFS the residuals will be the same no matter where you are. If another model like the G35/G37 has higher residuals than it is likely a lease incentive. It's imilar to getting a rebate on a purchase.

Keep in mind folks, all things must be equal when comparing leases. Trim level, options, drivetrain (AWD/RWD), term and miles. All things equal, you will find that all dealers will have the same residuals and money factors. The only dealer controlled factor in the equation will be the purchase price.

mjatlanta
12-22-2007, 08:54 PM
No, sorry the residuals that are in the 70s are for 24 months. I actually prefer a 24 month lease...I never buy the vehicle at the end. The same dealer though, does have a 52 percent residual for a 24 month lease on a cheaper version of the EX. If you want to check for yourself, it's Gwinnett Infiniti in Atlanta

Ricofx45
12-22-2007, 09:21 PM
I was just at Gwinnett Inf today and drove an EX. My lease is up in April, so I didn't really get into any numbers this time. If they don't do VPP, great discounts or good lease rates by March I might head over to Lex and grab a new IS350. Those numbers in that advertised offer is ridiculous. I never put any money down on a lease and 5 grand down is crazy.
THe EX was very nice, great power and tech, and I am thinking I willtry for it when the end of my lease is close.

mjatlanta
12-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Yes Rico, those are horrible numbers. I do zero down myself, as should anyone leasing. If you total the vehicle, or it is stolen, you eat that down-payment money. Can you imagine putting down $5100, driving off the lot, and then totaling the car?! My lease is up in March. Someone already posted VPP won't be available for 4-6 months on the EX...not sure how accurate that is, though I have no reason to doubt it. I plan on going to Gwinnett soon as they at least have the balls to post their leases, and they are usually better than the competition. But I think I'll go for the G37 anyway, I preferred the way it drove, and the car itself has been growing on me lately, esp the black and the amethyst graphite.

tomegun
12-30-2007, 11:21 PM
Would IFS do multiple security deposits instead of money down? I think advertising those lease deals is bait to get someone who is shopping for a payment price instead of a deal.
I would normally say Infiniti is trying to take advantage of early adopters, but the price just seems to be out of whack. Infiniti still has a reputation that is below other companies and the price of this vehicle seems a little high.