View Full Version : Build Your EX Online @ Infiniti.com

G2FX2EX
01-03-2008, 02:24 PM
http://www.infiniti.com/ex/index.html

jwaters943
01-04-2008, 02:36 PM
Looks like this guy was spot on with his pricing estimates from 5 months ago:
http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=172897&highlight=pricing

My take? At this price the EX will fail badly. Mark my words. I'm sure I'll get trashed for saying this, but I'll be sure to check back in 3-6 months to see how much of a discount most people are getting due to slow sales.

G2FX2EX
01-04-2008, 04:21 PM
Looks like this guy was spot on with his pricing estimates from 5 months ago:
http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=172897&highlight=pricing

My take? At this price the EX will fail badly. Mark my words. I'm sure I'll get trashed for saying this, but I'll be sure to check back in 3-6 months to see how much of a discount most people are getting due to slow sales.

Well, I won't trash you. My only thoughts are why you even care or are commenting on this vehicle if it does not meet your needs. This site is an Infiniti site for Infiniti enthusiasts. For example, I think the G37 is a beautiful car...but completely useless for my needs, so I don't go to the G37 forum and complain about that...I just focus on the vehicles I am interested in.

'08 is going to be a slow sales year for ALL makes and models. M sales are in the tank already...so you can't base any new model failures strictly because the design did not meet your needs. Even Honda sales are not meeting expectations. Infiniti all the way 'round is for a niche market.

Many of the things you say were also said about the FX when it was first introduced. Many people came to this site to complain about the price and the size and they said it would fail and that no one would buy it...and now it is going into its 2nd gen.

rich/minn
01-04-2008, 05:05 PM
Well, I won't trash you. My only thoughts are why you even care or are commenting on this vehicle if it does not meet your needs. This site is an Infiniti site for Infiniti enthusiasts. For example, I think the G37 is a beautiful car...but completely useless for my needs, so I don't go to the G37 forum and complain about that...I just focus on the vehicles I am interested in.

'08 is going to be a slow sales year for ALL makes and models. M sales are in the tank already...so you can't base any new model failures strictly because the design did not meet your needs. Even Honda sales are not meeting expectations. Infiniti all the way 'round is for a niche market.

Many of the things you say were also said about the FX when it was first introduced. Many people came to this site to complain about the price and the size and they said it would fail and that no one would buy it...and now it is going into its 2nd gen.

You do have a point. However i think any reasonable person could see that the ex35 is overpriced compared to the g35, fx and the m. Simerly equipped the fx35 is only around $2,000 to $3,000 max more than the ex35. I will predict the ex35 will have less resale value in time compared to both the g35 and fx35. I could be wrong, time will tell. I personally like the ex35, but would not buy one at the price it is currently at.

Jawad
01-04-2008, 05:22 PM
You won't be comparing it to the FX when the new one comes out in a couple of months.

I don't even see how you can compare it to the G35. Its like comparing RDX to TSX or X3 to 3 series sedans.

You people and your silly predictions.

rich/minn
01-04-2008, 07:25 PM
You won't be comparing it to the FX when the new one comes out in a couple of months.

I don't even see how you can compare it to the G35. Its like comparing RDX to TSX or X3 to 3 series sedans.

You people and your silly predictions.

I am only comparing it in terms of VALUE.

G2FX2EX
01-04-2008, 08:43 PM
I am only comparing it in terms of VALUE.

It depends on what you are using to measure value...is it space, is it horsepower, etc? I saw no extra 'value' in the FX...I already owned one before, it's still the same vehicle it was when it first came out (minor tweaks, so it is dated).

If people don't want an EX, think it's too small, costs too much, then move onto something that suits you.

rich/minn
01-04-2008, 10:07 PM
It depends on what you are using to measure value...is it space, is it horsepower, etc? I saw no extra 'value' in the FX...I already owned one before, it's still the same vehicle it was when it first came out (minor tweaks, so it is dated).

If people don't want an EX, think it's too small, costs too much, then move onto something that suits you.

I'll make this really simple.. The ex35 is over priced in terms of value compared to the fx. This of course is my very humble opinion. The fx might be small, but it is huge compared to the ex35. I actually perfer the ex35 to the fx35, but gee weez only about a $2,000 difference between the two, come on get real.

jzr28
01-04-2008, 10:38 PM
I would love to get into this "value" thing but it is like politics and religion... everybody has their own idea to what it is so none of you are right and none of you are wrong just differing ideas at the same place. As I have stated along with others... if you like it buy it and if not don't. I beleive it is that simple and you don'ts will never convince us do's otherwise and vice versa:). :D

Jawad
01-04-2008, 10:45 PM
but gee weez only about a $2,000 difference between the two, come on get real.

Again, Infiniti is about to replace the FX and when the new FX goes on sale and the price is announced, you'll see that the price difference is no longer two grand. I've said this before and I'll say it again. The EX is essentially replacing the FX, and if its a little smaller, than its also a little cheaper.

rich/minn
01-04-2008, 11:27 PM
Again, Infiniti is about to replace the FX and when the new FX goes on sale and the price is announced, you'll see that the price difference is no longer two grand. I've said this before and I'll say it again. The EX is essentially replacing the FX, and if its a little smaller, than its also a little cheaper.

You have a very good point! However the ex35 is a lot smaller not a little smaller, wouldn't you think? How much bigger do you think the fx35 will get, I predict not much. But i will bet it will be an amazing auto and will raise the price a little but not a huge amount.

I would agree with others it's what you perceive as value that counts. I wonder how the ex35 will sell? I think it would not be a success if it does not sell at least what the fx35 sales where?

Now if the ex35 for 2009 comes out with a sport package that includes a sport suspension and 18" wheels, then I would personally see more value.

I think part of the problem for me is, I was very excited about this car, but once I found out about the small rear seats then the large price tag and then finally the slightly softer suspension, i became very disappointed. Oh well at least it's a very nice looking car inside and out. I will stop the rant..

jwaters943
01-05-2008, 12:17 AM
For the person who earlier questioned my motives and asked what I was doing here, I'm here because I had initially intended on purchasing an EX. I was very much looking forward to taking delivery of my EX until I sat in/test drove one. I guess the expectations were too high on my part. I still remember when the EX concept debuted. It's dimensions were much closer to the current FX so I had no idea just how cramped the cargo/rear passenger space would be. I also didn't know that it wouldn't be engineered to tow a modest 1500-3500lbs., like the competition.

For the record, I'm not trying to rain on everyone's parade and I certainly don't want to "stir the pot" and agitate EX owners. Afterall, every person has different needs/wants in a vehicle and if the EX fits your criteria, I'm glad! I think we can all agree it has some strong selling features (AVM, scratch resistent paint, best in class interior design, etc.). Still, for me the EX wasn't an ideal fit and I truly believe that Infiniti is fooling themselves if they think they can sell a loaded EX for $45k. Infiniti does not yet have the cachet to command such pricing, especially on such a niche vehicle. Look no further than the FX forum for proof. It's a well-known fact that the FX sells for well below MSRP in many parts of the country and has for some time now.

If you want an EX I would strong suggest waiting a few months. I guarantee you there will be much better lease offers/incentives by Summer. If I'm wrong, I will be the first one to come back and retract this statement.

jzr28
01-05-2008, 12:18 AM
You have a very good point! However the ex35 is a lot smaller not a little smaller, wouldn't you think? How much bigger do you think the fx35 will get, I predict not much. But i will bet it will be an amazing auto and will raise the price a little but not a huge amount.

I would agree with others it's what you perceive as value that counts. I wonder how the ex35 will sell? I think it would not be a success if it does not sell at least what the fx35 sales where?

Now if the ex35 for 2009 comes out with a sport package that includes a sport suspension and 18" wheels, then I would personally see more value.

I think part of the problem for me is, I was very excited about this car, but once I found out about the small rear seats then the large price tag and then finally the slightly softer suspension, i became very disappointed. Oh well at least it's a very nice looking car inside and out. I will stop the rant..

But have you seen and driven it???? It drives me crazy that people on this forum take photos and the written word to be the truth. Go drive it and see if it is what you want!!!!!!! I don't like the cost either but it is what I want so it is "probably "what I will buy. I have seen it- I have driven it!! I have a couple months before my lease is up and I am hoping things get better. See-Drive-Decide!!!!

rich/minn
01-05-2008, 02:25 AM
But have you seen and driven it???? It drives me crazy that people on this forum take photos and the written word to be the truth. Go drive it and see if it is what you want!!!!!!! I don't like the cost either but it is what I want so it is "probably "what I will buy. I have seen it- I have driven it!! I have a couple months before my lease is up and I am hoping things get better. See-Drive-Decide!!!!

I have driven the Ex35. Smooth ride, great interior but small. A very intriguing vehicle, but too much for what it is(IMO). I think could be sportier or at least option for it. Personally I would opt for the g35x.

nobuddy
01-05-2008, 10:56 AM
Of course everyone has their own opinion of what constitutes a good value. Some will find the EX a good value, some not.

I don't know why I was surprised at the price, but I was. I guess I was expecting it to be sub-40k fully loaded. Looking at the price of the G35 (a car I'd never consider buying), I see that my expectations were out of line and that the EX is priced within reach of the G (a couple thousand more, similarly equipped), for which you get a much nicer interior, more techno-gadgets, more exclusivity, a somewhat higher view of the road and, above all, for me, a big increase in refinement.

That's my .02 and I'm sticking to it :)

nb

G2FX2EX
01-05-2008, 03:18 PM
For the person who earlier questioned my motives and asked what I was doing here, I'm here because I had initially intended on purchasing an EX. I was very much looking forward to taking delivery of my EX until I sat in/test drove one. I guess the expectations were too high on my part. I still remember when the EX concept debuted. It's dimensions were much closer to the current FX so I had no idea just how cramped the cargo/rear passenger space would be. I also didn't know that it wouldn't be engineered to tow a modest 1500-3500lbs., like the competition.

For the record, I'm not trying to rain on everyone's parade and I certainly don't want to "stir the pot" and agitate EX owners. Afterall, every person has different needs/wants in a vehicle and if the EX fits your criteria, I'm glad! I think we can all agree it has some strong selling features (AVM, scratch resistent paint, best in class interior design, etc.). Still, for me the EX wasn't an ideal fit and I truly believe that Infiniti is fooling themselves if they think they can sell a loaded EX for $45k. Infiniti does not yet have the cachet to command such pricing, especially on such a niche vehicle. Look no further than the FX forum for proof. It's a well-known fact that the FX sells for well below MSRP in many parts of the country and has for some time now.

If you want an EX I would strong suggest waiting a few months. I guarantee you there will be much better lease offers/incentives by Summer. If I'm wrong, I will be the first one to come back and retract this statement.

Hey...you aren't raining on my parade! I just got back from Home Depot with my EX filled with weekend project stuff.

http://photos.freshalloy.com/gallery/d/32543-2/NewEX35_001.jpg

nobuddy
01-05-2008, 03:20 PM
Hey...you aren't raining on my parade! I just got back from Home Depot with my EX filled with weekend project stuff.

Guess this means you are still loving your EX :D

G2FX2EX
01-05-2008, 03:24 PM
Guess this means you are still loving your EX :D

ABSOLUTELY! I find that I don't even want to play the stereo because I just love the SOUND of the vehicle! It's great to drive either on the highway or in traffic. The acceleration is incredible. It is easy to knock a passenger back in their seat.

rich/minn
01-05-2008, 08:19 PM
OK I went and test drove the ex35 again today and this time I drove the g35x right after. I did favor the g35x as far as driving dynamics, the ex35 definitely has the softer suspension. However the ex35 still performed well and has great pick up for a CUV. The rear back seats of the ex35 do fall short in my opinion for the class, but are usable and the g35x has a very roomy back seat for it's class. I did appreciate the extra ride height of the ex35, it is just high enough off the ground to give you a good command of the road but not to high like a truck; it's a perfect compromise between a sedan and a SUV. The interior of the ex35 is superior compared to the g35x. I guess one way to explain the difference between the ex35 and the g35x is this: The g35x is the "Japanese BMW" for driving dynamics and style. The ex35 would then be the "Japanese Audi" for it's superior quality materials and style" Even though you give up some driving dynamics you definitely gain more refinement and luxury. If the ex35 comes out with a sport package which includes a sport suspension, the ex35 will be my next purchase.

In summary I was more impressed with my second test drive than my first. The ex35 is a world class automobile and infiniti is definitely on a roll. The Germans better watch out because infiniti is producing some real fine automobiles.

G2FX2EX
01-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Well, while you all argue the 'value' of the EX, I am moving on to another Forum I found where there are other people who have taken delivery of an EX and love it like I do.

Best wishes! :D

th808
01-06-2008, 11:35 AM
Well, while you all argue the 'value' of the EX, I am moving on to another Forum I found where there are other people who have taken delivery of an EX and love it like I do.

Best wishes! :D

Where's that forum? Take me there too.

nobuddy
01-06-2008, 11:41 AM
OK I went and test drove the ex35 again today and this time I drove the g35x right after. I did favor the g35x as far as driving dynamics, the ex35 definitely has the softer suspension. However the ex35 still performed well and has great pick up for a CUV. The rear back seats of the ex35 do fall short in my opinion for the class, but are usable and the g35x has a very roomy back seat for it's class. I did appreciate the extra ride height of the ex35, it is just high enough off the ground to give you a good command of the road but not to high like a truck; it's a perfect compromise between a sedan and a SUV. The interior of the ex35 is superior compared to the g35x. I guess one way to explain the difference between the ex35 and the g35x is this: The g35x is the "Japanese BMW" for driving dynamics and style. The ex35 would then be the "Japanese Audi" for it's superior quality materials and style" Even though you give up some driving dynamics you definitely gain more refinement and luxury. If the ex35 comes out with a sport package which includes a sport suspension, the ex35 will be my next purchase.

In summary I was more impressed with my second test drive than my first. The ex35 is a world class automobile and infiniti is definitely on a roll. The Germans better watch out because infiniti is producing some real fine automobiles.

Good summary, thanks!

nb

jwaters943
01-06-2008, 11:55 AM
Where's that forum? Take me there too.

While I'm not sure which one he was referring to specifically, there are a few out there.

http://www.ex35forum.com/
http://g35driver.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=285
http://www.ex35ownerz.com/ (This site is a bit dead)