PDA

View Full Version : It's Official - January EX Lease Rates Stink

zskylar
01-09-2008, 09:33 AM
Infiniti in all its wisdom has launched a 54% residual and .00220 MF as of January 8th for 36 months 15K miles on an AWD Journey EX. They had a chance to create a buzz with this car and not get greedy - but no they took the opposite approach. Compare this to the G35X rate of 59% and .00210 and you can compute a huge difference in monthly payments. Just like everyone has been saying - the smart money is on waiting until the spring for this car.

autoaddict
01-09-2008, 12:04 PM
Infiniti in all its wisdom has launched a 54% residual and .00220 MF as of January 8th for 36 months 15K miles on an AWD Journey EX. They had a chance to create a buzz with this car and not get greedy - but no they took the opposite approach. Compare this to the G35X rate of 59% and .00210 and you can compute a huge difference in monthly payments. Just like everyone has been saying - the smart money is on waiting until the spring for this car.

Maybe even wait till 2009 model year so some issues can be resolved. There always seem to be issues in the 1st year of a car (maybe issues like not offering or recommending a tow package on this crossover SUV).

jfruend
01-09-2008, 12:17 PM
As I have said before Infiniti Financial wants to even out there finance/lease ratio as they have too many leases on the road in their eyes. They have taken an absolute bath on the 12 month leases that were done on FX's and G's 12 - 18 months ago. When inventory levels hit highs in March/April Infiniti will put pressure on IFS and the cars will lease better. In the mean time they are offering 5.99% for 72 months on the EX35 for 740+ scores. This should be a sign of things to come.

JJS
01-12-2008, 10:38 PM

So, are you also unhappy that Infiniti did not have the wisdom to offer cash incentives on a new model as well in order to "create a buzz"?

zskylar
01-13-2008, 10:48 AM
I take it you think I'm off base. Do you think a 54% residual for a a vehicle in the mid-40's is attractive to buyers? I think at minimum they are 2% low where it should be at introduction. I purchased an M35X when it was first introduced and both the residual and money factor were actually pretty reasonable.

rich/minn
01-13-2008, 11:03 AM
I take it you think I'm off base. Do you think a 54% residual for a a vehicle in the mid-40's is attractive to buyers? I think at minimum they are 2% low where it should be at introduction. I purchased an M35X when it was first introduced and both the residual and money factor were actually pretty reasonable.

I agree!! I think Infiniti realizes the ex35 will not have that great of a resale value. Basically the ex35 is over priced.

JJS
01-14-2008, 09:37 PM

What do you think 36 month residuals are on typical American vehicles (not the ones subsidized as a incentive)?

Sure, 54% is not great, but I'll bet that if you look at a broad range of vehicles, it's probably not really that bad. What have you compared it to? Try Mercedes or Lexus. They have awful residuals even though they have some of the highest resale values in the industry. Why? Because they can. I've heard of Mercedes residuals commonly being in the 50s for 24 month leases.

Just my opinion - I welcome other thoughts.

zskylar
01-15-2008, 09:48 AM
I would agree that Lexus for some of their cars falls into the bad residual list for manufacturers. I guess they feel they can get away with it. Mercedes has some cars in the low 50's but usually has a lower money factor than norm to balance the deal.

tomegun
01-15-2008, 11:43 AM
I would agree that Lexus for some of their cars falls into the bad residual list for manufacturers. I guess they feel they can get away with it. Mercedes has some cars in the low 50's but usually has a lower money factor than norm to balance the deal.

When did Mercedes start having low money factors?

FWIW, this is one reason many people lease BMWs. Sure there cars are more expensive, but that doesn't matter when you can get a lease for nearly the same or cheaper than a vehicle costing much less.

zskylar
01-15-2008, 06:54 PM
Hers's an example of the Mercedes E350 Luxury 4Matic (Jan 2008)
24 Month Residual 61% of MSRP .00115 Base Rate
36 Month Residual 51% of MSRP .00170 Base Rate

dr.demronster
01-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Money Factor change!!!

My salesman at Infiniti of Gwinnett in Atlanta emailed me about 2 hours ago.

.00092 for 24 months this is like 2.25% rate

.00117 for 36 months

.00142 for 39 months

$449.00 a month

I might trade my wife's G35 sport!!