PDA

View Full Version : My EX w/Tint and Clear Bra

G2FX2EX
01-17-2008, 08:56 AM
http://photos.freshalloy.com/gallery/d/33456-1/EX+with+Tint.jpg

http://photos.freshalloy.com/gallery/d/33456-1/EX+with+Tint.jpg

jzr28
01-17-2008, 09:31 AM
Well you have been here for a while so you should know that when you "do" stuff to your Infiniti you need to add cost and where done and are you happy with the service. The photo looks like it helped it look even better. Did you ask about the effect, if there is any, of the film on your self healing paint?? I also want to get a clear bra as my G35 got "stoned" up pretty good. What besides the front did you get covered?? Thanks!!! I enjoy your input to this group!! :D

G2FX2EX
01-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Well you have been here for a while so you should know that when you "do" stuff to your Infiniti you need to add cost and where done and are you happy with the service. The photo looks like it helped it look even better. Did you ask about the effect, if there is any, of the film on your self healing paint?? I also want to get a clear bra as my G35 got "stoned" up pretty good. What besides the front did you get covered?? Thanks!!! I enjoy your input to this group!! :D

Cost of clear bras tend to run between $500 - $900. It depends on where u live. One third of the hood, front bumper, backs of mirrors, and top of rear bumper r covered. The tint is usually $175-250.

This is the 4th vehicle I have had w/a clear bra, and this is by far the best install I have had...especially on a black car.

Both vendors serve my Infiniti dealer.

I was gauranteed that there is no impact to the self healing paint.

PhilGood
01-17-2008, 10:34 AM
EX looks so clean without the roof rail! All Canadian models have that roof rail, I wonder how difficult to take it off...

jzr28
01-17-2008, 04:06 PM
Cost of clear bras tend to run between $500 - $900. It depends on where u live. One third of the hood, front bumper, backs of mirrors, and top of rear bumper r covered. The tint is usually $175-250.

This is the 4th vehicle I have had w/a clear bra, and this is by far the best install I have had...especially on a black car.

Both vendors serve my Infiniti dealer.

I was gauranteed that there is no impact to the self healing paint.

THANKS!!!

max2k
01-17-2008, 11:55 PM
Any pictures of the inteior?

krishenzo
01-18-2008, 01:21 AM
Are there any other EX owners out here on the forum besides G2FX2EX yet? Haven't seen any on the road yet...wonder how sales are gonna be for January

G2FX2EX
01-18-2008, 09:22 AM
Any pictures of the inteior?

Yes...go to my gallery here or my other thread of pics I posted when I first brought it home.

colt45
01-18-2008, 01:41 PM
To tell you the honest truth, your vehicle has made me look at this in an entirely new light. I pretty much dismissed this vehicle as a 'baby-mama'- mobile or a slick empty-nester vehicle early on. But the black, with tint, really looks good to me (especially w/o roof rails). I guess because I love the G & FX, this vehicle is growing on me. And your photos have definitely lowered my level of snobbery. Don't take any of this the wrong way, I just never have been a fan of vehicles with seats or compartments for the sake of having them. Kinda like Porsches w/backseats...why? I would love to see a 2 seater CUV. That way it could have more trunk space. The only reason why I've said all of this is to eat my own words because I have been an EX basher since the beginning. But I'm happy that you're happy and that's why companies make different choices. Best of luck to you and your vehicle.

kotoma
01-18-2008, 02:06 PM
I don't think EX sale look any good in Jan or next few months until you have promotion.
Haven't seen any on the road. I keep seeing same vehicles at the dealer week after week.

Ricofx45
01-18-2008, 04:40 PM
That looks hot G2. I tint mine as soon as I get them. What's the percentage? I go 20% event though it's illegal in most states. It's better with a lighter interior because the inside brightens up from sun in through the front.
Was there any factory tint on the rear and side back windows? I don't remember it having any tint stock.

G2FX2EX
01-18-2008, 08:08 PM
That looks hot G2. I tint mine as soon as I get them. What's the percentage? I go 20% event though it's illegal in most states. It's better with a lighter interior because the inside brightens up from sun in through the front.
Was there any factory tint on the rear and side back windows? I don't remember it having any tint stock.

Thanks! I don't really know the %...I just know it is the maiximum for North Carolina. They enforce it pretty stricly here. Cops carry a light meter with them. There was no factory tint on the rear windows...I'm not sure why Infiniti opted to not do that. I am guessing it was part of the whole concept of the personal crossover concept.

Here's another shot:

http://photos.freshalloy.com/gallery/d/33465-1/EX_Tint_2.jpg

G2FX2EX
01-18-2008, 08:11 PM
To tell you the honest truth, your vehicle has made me look at this in an entirely new light. I pretty much dismissed this vehicle as a 'baby-mama'- mobile or a slick empty-nester vehicle early on. But the black, with tint, really looks good to me (especially w/o roof rails). I guess because I love the G & FX, this vehicle is growing on me. And your photos have definitely lowered my level of snobbery. Don't take any of this the wrong way, I just never have been a fan of vehicles with seats or compartments for the sake of having them. Kinda like Porsches w/backseats...why? I would love to see a 2 seater CUV. That way it could have more trunk space. The only reason why I've said all of this is to eat my own words because I have been an EX basher since the beginning. But I'm happy that you're happy and that's why companies make different choices. Best of luck to you and your vehicle.

I appreciate the comments. You don't have to eat any words. People are allowed to change their minds.

It really is fun to drive. I took a few people from work with me today for lunch and they were amazed at how quiet and smooth it was, and thought it looked great too.

Xtrema
02-22-2008, 11:36 PM
The fact that you can still see through the both windows, I would guess the tint is anywhere from 35 to 45%

I have 35% and it's a bit darker than that pic above

ianq
02-23-2008, 07:21 AM
Yup, looks like 35 to 40%, I have 35% on the driver/passenger window, looks a little darker than this. I put 20% on rear passenger windows and hatch which I found I really liked on the FX the dealer had.

gt_performah
02-24-2008, 05:31 PM
Yes...go to my gallery here or my other thread of pics I posted when I first brought it home.

Your EX looks good but I'm lost. Where is this gallery you speak of? I don't see any links.

nobuddy
02-24-2008, 07:02 PM
Your EX looks good but I'm lost. Where is this gallery you speak of? I don't see any links.
Here: http://photos.freshalloy.com/gallery/v/g2fx2ex/

(Hope you don't mind, g2fx2ex).

Great looking vehicle!

nb

EXceptional Woman
03-04-2008, 11:37 PM
G2, were there any issues tinting the little mini side windows in the back?

EX4ME
03-30-2008, 01:05 PM
I need more info on this "clear bra" for my EX. What exactly is it? Can it be removed or is it permanent? Does it really protect the hood from rock chips? What is the cost and who puts it on?

Sounds like a good investment. If you have one, let us know your opinion of it, is it worth it?

G2FX2EX
03-30-2008, 08:47 PM
I need more info on this "clear bra" for my EX. What exactly is it? Can it be removed or is it permanent? Does it really protect the hood from rock chips? What is the cost and who puts it on?

Sounds like a good investment. If you have one, let us know your opinion of it, is it worth it?

This is the 4th vehicle I have had with the clear bra. It really does prevent against rock chps. It can be removed. Depending on the coverage and experience of the installer, you can expect to pay anywhere from $250-$900.

There are several companies who make the product. It actually has been around for a long time but hadn't really gotten into commercial use until about 2000-2001. It was used manly on racing cars to protect the elaborate paint jobs.

If you live in a metro area, you can probably find an installer thru your dealer or a tint shop.