PDA

View Full Version : Regret getting EX35, anyone???

kotoma
01-29-2008, 12:11 PM
I love the EX35 a lot and am about to pull the trigger. Just like many, I'm disappointed about rear leg room.
It's surprised me that Mazda3 has 8 inches (yes, I check it) more leg room than EX35.

Anybody regrets buying EX35 because of rear leg room?

I will have somebody on the back seat every weekend and we go on vacation every 6 months or so. This concerns me a bit.

4U4ME
01-29-2008, 12:53 PM
since it is "SOMEBODY" don't worry, buy it, its a great suv...:)

colt45
01-29-2008, 03:44 PM
I love the EX35 a lot and am about to pull the trigger. Just like many, I'm disappointed about rear leg room.
It's surprised me that Mazda3 has 8 inches (yes, I check it) more leg room than EX35.

I will have somebody on the back seat every weekend and we go on vacation every 6 months or so. This concerns me a bit.

Well, my question would be...Do you consider your current vehicle to have enough rear space & trunk room? The reason I ask that is because the EX has less room in the back & not much more trunk space than your G. They look extremely similiar too. So....I would wait until the new FX is out & drive both with the entire fam along to see which suits your needs better.

zskylar
01-29-2008, 07:27 PM
No regrets at all. Great car, fun to drive, super integration of the technology. For the 10-12 times a year my friends were in the back seat - let them suffer a bit!

ZYAL8R808
01-29-2008, 10:18 PM
No regrets at all. Great car, fun to drive, super integration of the technology. For the 10-12 times a year my friends were in the back seat - let them suffer a bit!

Agreed. Anyone who has to catch a ride should not complain at all. If anyone should be bit)#ing it should be the person driving their a$$. I kicked out a friend back in high school because he was making fun of my ride, a 1989 Sentra.

G2FX2EX
01-30-2008, 09:20 AM

It sounds like rear leg room might be an issue for you. How tall is the person who will sit in the rear? What is their age? How long are your trips? How far back will you put the seat they will sit behind? How much cargo will you need to carry? All questions you should ask yourself.

I have no real use for the back seat and most likely will have the rear seatbacks down a majority of the time. I have had one person ride back there so far (w/seat up, lol) and they did not complain.

I regret nothing about my EX purchase...I love it more everyday! :hsdance:

PhilGood
01-30-2008, 02:15 PM
Anybody regrets buying EX35 because of rear leg room? Not only the limited leg room, you may also need to consider the small opening at the back. It may be tricky for people to get out from the back without scratching the inside door panel.

enginerd
01-30-2008, 05:38 PM
I would say that 4 adults up to ~6' can ride in comfort. The main issue for the rear, in my opinion, is getting in and out. also, the legroom measurements for the 2 cars may be difficult to compare because the seating position in the EX is probably higher, meaning there is less of a bend at the knee and overall comfort is better for most people. Also look at toe room as large amounts of toe room allow you to slide your feet forward to further reduce the angle your knees are bent, again improving comfort.

You can see there are alot of factors that influence rear seat comfort besides the reported value. You should go check the EX if you haven't already.

dumbluck
01-31-2008, 10:47 AM
The main issue for the rear, in my opinion, is getting in and out.

I totally agree. I'm 6'1" and I fit in the back seat comfortably, but getting in and out was a little awkward. It was like I had to figure out what to do with my feet. Once I tucked my size 11s in, I was fine.

fatddyslam69
01-31-2008, 02:31 PM
I totally agree. I'm 6'1" and I fit in the back seat comfortably, but getting in and out was a little awkward. It was like I had to figure out what to do with my feet. Once I tucked my size 11s in, I was fine.

"my size 11s" huh? thanks for sharing dude. you must wear big socks. haha. my size 18s definitely do not fit comfortably.

all joking inside, the ex's rear-room is a bit dissapointing, but if you really look at who buys these types of vehicles (ex, rx, rdx, etc), rear-leg room usually isnt a HUGE factor because a majority of people ride alone. i mean if you look at areas like so cal, where there is no public transportation, most people drive by themselves anyways. If it's a people mover that you're looking for, the ex is most likely not the best choice. more than anything, the ex is a niche vehicle intended for specific consumers.

kotoma
01-31-2008, 09:54 PM
I'm gonna cry. I do carry people on the back. They are average size. I don't haul a lot of stuff though. One side I know I should not get it because of leg room, one side I want to get it because I like almost everything. Never been like this before where I don't know what to do. Just afraid I regret later.

G2FX2EX
02-01-2008, 09:37 AM
"my size 11s" huh? thanks for sharing dude. you must wear big socks. haha. my size 18s definitely do not fit comfortably.

all joking inside, the ex's rear-room is a bit dissapointing, but if you really look at who buys these types of vehicles (ex, rx, rdx, etc), rear-leg room usually isnt a HUGE factor because a majority of people ride alone. i mean if you look at areas like so cal, where there is no public transportation, most people drive by themselves anyways. If it's a people mover that you're looking for, the ex is most likely not the best choice. more than anything, the ex is a niche vehicle intended for specific consumers.

Truth be known, people who drive the big SUVs, Suburban, Expedition, etc, probably only utilize all that space less than 10% of the time. Just look at how many of these vehicles we see on the road with just the driver in them.

fatddyslam69
02-02-2008, 01:34 PM
Truth be known, people who drive the big SUVs, Suburban, Expedition, etc, probably only utilize all that space less than 10% of the time. Just look at how many of these vehicles we see on the road with just the driver in them.

my point exactly. that's why infiniti made the ex the way they did, that is, without an exceeding amount of rear legroom/space. I think the EX is infiniti's translation of a coupe-suv, just with four doors. Kind of like how Mercedes calls their CLS a four-door coupe. Well, the EX is the four-door coupe suv. haha

briguynyc
02-02-2008, 10:20 PM
I'm glad they made it the way they did. I rarely ever have people in the back seat. But then when I need to transport something in the trunk that wouldn't normally fit in a sedan I can fold down the seats and fit it. Perfect. And my french bulldog has plenty of room in the backseat.

FRITZ45
02-03-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm glad they made it the way they did. I rarely ever have people in the back seat. But then when I need to transport something in the trunk that wouldn't normally fit in a sedan I can fold down the seats and fit it. Perfect. And my french bulldog has plenty of room in the backseat.

Question: Does the passenger seat fold down on the EX? I had a nice HHR last year which had this feature and found it to be very useful when handling long objects.

Fred

jzr28
02-03-2008, 03:34 PM
Question: Does the passenger seat fold down on the EX? I had a nice HHR last year which had this feature and found it to be very useful when handling long objects.

Fred
NO

Cloud9
03-07-2008, 08:50 PM
Yes...I regret not getting one sooner!! :26::26:

EXceptional Woman
03-07-2008, 08:57 PM
Only 4 days, so far no regrets. Any resentment I would feel about the small backseat is quickly forgotten when I take a look around and smile!

G2FX2EX
03-10-2008, 03:07 PM
I think I have had mine the longest here (test drove on Dec 21st...took home the next day). I do not regret this purchase at all. I love the way the EX drives yet has the right amoung of utility for me. On the weekends, I out the seats down and load it up with groceries, trip to PetsSmart, and Lowe's. It is very easy to load and unload.

imported_Jon_
03-11-2008, 02:30 AM
I put all three kids in the back on occasion. They like the car so they don't complain.

EX4ME
03-29-2008, 10:42 PM
I have had my EX about three weeks now. No regrets, I love my EX more each time I drive it. My husband (big truck man) loves it also. It is a dream to drive, smooth handling, the ride is awesome, the bells and whistles just make the comfort even more loveable. It has more pep than anyone would ever need on the road, gets up and goes when needed and takes off from a dead stop that would impress Jr. The rear seat is not "small" at all, for the type of vehicle it is. It is very cozy. We have been out with four adults a couple times and we were all very comfortable. The Pros will blow the Cons away. Drive it, you will love it.

We looked at both the FX and EX, because "Big Truck Man" did not like the small EX. Well after the test drives, he picked the EX, it beat the FX's ride, handling, power and bells and whitles. I couldn't believe it either, but it did.