PDA

View Full Version : Finally decided to buy the EX

Boston Infiniti
02-03-2008, 02:29 PM
I picked it up yesterday. So far I am very impressed with it. I got a Black/Black with Nav, Premium, Maple wood trim and Luxe style. It has a very smooth ride, handles great. Seats are very comfortable. Adaptive headlights are pretty nifty. I got a great deal too!

NissLover
02-03-2008, 03:41 PM
PICS PICS PICS i want PICS PICS PICS!!! lol

alxco
02-03-2008, 09:59 PM
I'm getting one, fully loaded (lux, but not lux elite) for 43,500.

Boston Infiniti
02-04-2008, 04:24 PM
I will post some pics soon. I can't say how much I love this car. I paid $100.00 under invoice.

kotoma
02-04-2008, 05:12 PM
$100 under invoice? What dealer is that? So far this is the best offer I can see. Did you trade old car?

Boston Infiniti
02-04-2008, 05:53 PM
No trade. Unfortunately, I can't say what dealer. It could compromise my future purchase's. Sorry.....

kotoma
02-04-2008, 08:34 PM
Weirdo,

Dealers want you to advertise your deal to get more customers. period.
that's ok. Keep it to yourself. No care.

FRITZ45
02-05-2008, 08:54 AM
Weirdo,

Dealers want you to advertise your deal to get more customers. period.
that's ok. Keep it to yourself. No care.

:( Boston Infiniti is not a weirdo.....

I don't know him but I am a business man and have always kept my business transacations private. I would never post my purchase/trade price on this or any forum. Make your own best deal like most of us.

My nephew always gets his best deal on a car by shopping as we all do, then leaving his phone number as he leaves, telling the dealer (in a polite manner) that the price isn't good enough. Sometimes he gets stopped at the door or as he is getting into his car. Other times he gets a phone call before he gets home. Wait it out and you will get the best deal.

Fred

G2FX2EX
02-05-2008, 10:27 AM
:( Boston Infiniti is not a weirdo.....

I don't know him but I am a business man and have always kept my business transacations private. I would never post my purchase/trade price on this or any forum. Make your own best deal like most of us.

My nephew always gets his best deal on a car by shopping as we all do, then leaving his phone number as he leaves, telling the dealer (in a polite manner) that the price isn't good enough. Sometimes he gets stopped at the door or as he is getting into his car. Other times he gets a phone call before he gets home. Wait it out and you will get the best deal.

Fred

Agreed...finances/business transactions are personal. the only thing that people lie about as much as sex is money...and people will tell you anything on the Internet.

kotoma
02-05-2008, 11:24 AM
Agreed too. finances/business transactions are private. But I guess the question is what dealership?, not even asking for the name of saleman.

Just remind me about a funny story telling people you bank with BB&T will destroy your privacy.

Ricofx45
02-05-2008, 02:40 PM
kotoma is just asking for the dealership, not your social security number. It's a legit question because there are some dealers that will do more to sell a car than others and if he can get a tip on where to go it would help him save money. There are many dealers that act like you're lucky to be there and others that will work for your business.
I don't see any problem with it and he doesn't have to use your name.

Boston Infiniti
02-06-2008, 08:01 PM
So if I politely decline to offer that info....I'm a weirdo?

FRITZ45
02-07-2008, 09:06 AM
;) Once in awhile you hit it "just right" - Sometimes the dealer has a buyer for your trade. Other times it might be near the end of the month where they need one more sale to meet their quota. Once in awhile they screw up and get things wrong in your favor, or may have a particular model that they have had in stock for a long time and want to move it. Some colors don't sell as well as others, etc. There could be various reasons for selling a car for $100 under invoice, but that does mean that the next deal will be the same. Every deal is different due to these and other factors.

Things change daily due to supply and demand. While forum members are always looking for the best possible deal (and I don't blame them), I still prefer to keep the exact figures of my deal private. Rather than post something that could be misleading to others (since we don't know the exact circumstances). I suggest that you simply state that you got a great deal, and in this case, might even mention the salesman's name. We all know that what works for one deal isn't even close to the next deal.

Some like to brag a lot about their best deals when buying a car - just like everyone claims to beat the slots at Las Vegas. I would consider any comments regarding price, but would take them with a grain of salt. When you finally decide to make the purchase, be prepared to spend a lot of time and don't be afraid to walk (leaving your phone number) if deal doesn't make sense. Too bad it works this way, but it does.

Fred

Ricofx45
02-07-2008, 09:23 AM
Besides the interior color, you are pretty close to the same one I will be looking for.
Give use your impressions after the first week. Did you have an Infiniti before and can you compare it to that?

Boston Infiniti
02-07-2008, 05:36 PM
So far I am very satisfied with the car. I did have a FX35. One of the first differences I noticed was how much easier it was to turn the steering wheel while driving and being parked. It definitely handles the bumps much better. As for handling. I take the same off ramps at the same speeds as I did in my FX and it handles them just as good. In regards to the interior. The EX is so much more comfortable. The seats aren't as wide but far more comfortable. The brakes are excellent. Acceleration is awesome. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to answer them.

nobuddy
02-07-2008, 08:46 PM
So far I am very satisfied with the car. I did have a FX35. One of the first differences I noticed was how much easier it was to turn the steering wheel while driving and being parked. It definitely handles the bumps much better. As for handling. I take the same off ramps at the same speeds as I did in my FX and it handles them just as good. In regards to the interior. The EX is so much more comfortable. The seats aren't as wide but far more comfortable. The brakes are excellent. Acceleration is awesome. Let me know if you have any specific questions and I will try to answer them.
How is the stereo?

I understand that the doors can be set to auto-lock and unlock (though the manual doesn't talk about this). Is this in the Settings area? At what speed do the doors lock/unlock? [JUST FOUND INFO ON THIS IN THE QUICK START GUIDE - doors lock at 15mph and unlock when Stop button is pressed and you can disable this feature]

After living with the EX for a while, how is the visibility? Any issues with rear vision?

Thanks for the info...enjoy your great new EX!

nb

Boston Infiniti
02-07-2008, 09:11 PM
Stereo is great. Nav is really cool. Very easy to use. Visibility is fine. Just takes a little getting used too.

Ricofx45
02-08-2008, 09:03 AM
Glad to know the handling is comparable to your FX. My FX45 handled great and from the test drive it seemed like the EX was solid and held the road well. I was just worried that the tires are narrower and might not grip as well, I wish they went with wide 20's as an option. Less weight will make up for that I'm sure though.

mossballs
02-10-2008, 04:47 PM
You say the seats are far more comfortable then the FX butI have driven the EX and I think the seats are cheap and hard compared to the FX. I am guessing that the EX you have has the Luxe seats rather then the Luxe Elite which I don't think is out yet. I am going to drive the EX again once the Elite the dealership gets one in with the upgraded seats. I like the car but not with the the cheaper seats.

G2FX2EX
02-11-2008, 08:26 AM
You say the seats are far more comfortable then the FX butI have driven the EX and I think the seats are cheap and hard compared to the FX. I am guessing that the EX you have has the Luxe seats rather then the Luxe Elite which I don't think is out yet. I am going to drive the EX again once the Elite the dealership gets one in with the upgraded seats. I like the car but not with the the cheaper seats.

My FX seats were perforated and somewhat softer than the EX, when I first got in the EX. After having owned it now for nearly 2 months, the driver seat has softened up in comparison with the other seats, without showing any visible wear. They are just as comfrotable, if not more so than the FX, and way more comfortable than the G. I owned a G as well, and could not drive for long distances because of the lack of support in the bottom seat cushion.

mossballs
02-11-2008, 08:43 AM
Do you have the Luxe premium or Luxe Elite seats?

G2FX2EX
02-11-2008, 08:54 AM
Do you have the Luxe premium or Luxe Elite seats?

It's the Luxe Style package.

dumbluck
02-11-2008, 10:09 AM
From the website, it looks like there are the standard leather seats or, with the Luxe Elite package, they add textured leather seat inserts. That's the only difference.

Am I missing something?

G2FX2EX
02-11-2008, 11:34 AM
From the website, it looks like there are the standard leather seats or, with the Luxe Elite package, they add textured leather seat inserts. That's the only difference.

Am I missing something?

Yes you are...go here to compare Luxe Style to Luxe Elite:

http://www.infiniti.com/ex/packages.html

dumbluck
02-11-2008, 12:33 PM
Yes, I know about the packages, but I was speaking specifically of any difference in the seats, since mossballs seems to think they will be significantly upgraded in the Luxe Elite package. It appears the only difference is the textured leather inserts.

mossballs
02-11-2008, 01:38 PM
In my last thread I said the seats an/or leather(to me) seemed hard and uncomfortible compared to my FX. Also the chrome plate that is at the base of the ****er is a cheaper piece of aluminum. It is like what was in my 2004 FX. The 2006 FX gets a very heavy aluminum plate. Anyway, Every dealership I talked to there is not one person that can tell me what the actual difference in the leathers compared to the Luxe Elite.

dumbluck
02-11-2008, 05:32 PM
Well, I've sat in both, and I didn't notice any difference, but I wasn't really paying that much attention to the seats AND my ass ain't that picky.

Cloud9
03-13-2008, 12:15 PM
Interesting comments about posting prices. I really don't see what the "privacy" issue is on sharing what people got for deals...if anything this forum is to help out other buyers. Most dealers are telling buyers that it's selling at or close to MSRP because it is a new model, in demand, usual dealer BS.

Let's face it...we all know what these cars cost so I don't understand what the top secret attitude is. If you are looking at a $40k+ car, hopefully you can afford it! We can all do the math. It's not like I'm sharing my SSN, how much $$ I make, my mother's maiden name. Geez, it's only a car.

EXceptional Woman
03-13-2008, 12:55 PM
Interesting comments about posting prices. I really don't see what the "privacy" issue is on sharing what people got for deals...if anything this forum is to help out other buyers. Most dealers are telling buyers that it's selling at or close to MSRP because it is a new model, in demand, usual dealer BS.

Let's face it...we all know what these cars cost so I don't understand what the top secret attitude is. If you are looking at a $40k+ car, hopefully you can afford it! We can all do the math. It's not like I'm sharing my SSN, how much $$ I make, my mother's maiden name. Geez, it's only a car.

I couldn't agree more! Each individual doesn't have the reach to get the kinds of comparisons you get from a forum. If it was not for my buddies on Fresh Alloy, I would not have thought to ask outright for a $2,000 discount because I also assumed you have to pay MSRP for new models. Then I heard again they were offering more. At the end of the day, this forum saved me $3,500!

I guess I can see the other end of it though, where some may prefer people to keep numbers to themselves (especially for those who may have paid full price before the incentives came out).

ianq
03-13-2008, 01:58 PM
The difference in the seats if you get the upgraded leather is minimal, a slight change to the front centre console armrest, door panel, and textured seat inserts, that is all, we are not talking different seats.

The leather option isn't a big deal, and that can be reflected in the fact that the price differential for the upgraded leather is only a few hundred bucks. Up here in Canada, it only costs $600 to get the upgraded leather, built-in seat hanger, and maple trim.

As for the auto-locking doors, it is noted on page 3-5 and 3-6 (online manual) as to how to set. One can also have the dealer set an alternative method for engaging auto-lock/unlock.

Tried
03-13-2008, 02:24 PM
Right.

Dealer can toggle to lock at 15 or lock when it's taken out of park. User can toggle it on and off.

Dealer can toggle to unlock at Park, or when the vehicle is turned off. User can toggle it on and off.

dumbluck
03-13-2008, 03:11 PM
While y'all are talking about personalized settings, what about the indicator for when you lock the doors? When I test drove, the car horn sounded when you locked the door with the remote. Hate that. Can that be changed?

Tried
03-13-2008, 03:49 PM
Hold the lock and unlock buttons on the key fob for like 5 seconds. That toggles the horn chirp on/off.

I thought EVERYBODY knew that one! :)

dumbluck
03-13-2008, 04:08 PM
Ah! I've been in an Acura for four years. They have a little MID where you can change stuff like that. It's got a quiet electronic beep to indicate locking. I don't know why the horn toot bothers me. I guess I shouldn't roll my eyes at the folks who need a heated steering wheel, right?

ianq
03-13-2008, 04:36 PM
You get an electronic beep when locking the doors via the button on the handle (can be disabled).

You get the horn when locking via the fob (can be disabled).

You can't set the fob to use the electronic beep, and you can't set the button to use the horn...

dumbluck
03-13-2008, 05:33 PM
Thanks! I've never had a vehicle with the Push to Start, so I imagine pressing the button on the door handle is how you would lock it mostly, since you don't have to have the key fob out.

ianq
03-13-2008, 06:32 PM
Exactly, the only time I have used the key fob is because I have Remote Start (used in the winter) and you have to use the fob to start the vehicle this way.

I leave the keys in my pocket normally, walk up to the EX and press the button, and Presto!

In the summer I might use the fob to lower the windows while walking up to the car, if we ever get summer again up here...<g>

Cloud9
03-14-2008, 09:21 AM
There are times when I'm not sure if I locked my car or not so I actually don't mind the horn sound when I lock my car. That just reminds me that I did lock my car.