PDA

View Full Version : Infiniti EX with car seat?

blendary
02-04-2008, 09:38 PM
Okay, I know it's not necessarily the target market Infiniti is aiming at, but I was wondering if anyone out there has any experiences using a car seat in their EX.

We have little one on the way and it turns out we are in the market for 2 new cars.

My wife loves big cars, so that will provide most of the utility. I can't stand big cars, and like the CUV/SUV (more cargo, higher up). The EX35 looked like it would be the answer, but I was really disappointed at the minimalist backseat and cargo area.

We still would love to get the vehicle, but have heard that getting a car seat into/out of the EX is a real hassle.

Any insight is welcomed.

dumbluck
02-05-2008, 07:24 AM
I don't have any kids, but the salesdude I dealt with last weekend is driving the EX35 and he said he has a front-facing carseat in it and it fits OK. He also said he misses the FX, though.

imported_Jon_
03-11-2008, 02:51 AM
I have three kids. 1 in a full car seat, 1 in a booster, 1 (9 yo / 90 lb) out of them. Yes, the back seat isn't as roomy as our other vehicle (an 05 pilot) but everybody fits. To answer your question, I turned around the car seat and it works fine rearfacing. I didn't try LATCH as our seats were made before the nanny-state got into it.

As my wife points out, she an her two brothers were driven around in a 61 Bug.

So, get the EX. After a few kids, you won't even care.