PDA

View Full Version : USA Today review

dumbluck
02-15-2008, 08:10 AM
James Healey over at USA Today loved the engine. Not much else. (http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/reviews/healey/2008-02-14-infiniti-ex35_N.htm?loc=interstitialskip)

ĽOverall: Cramped and jiggly. Not for robust people or those with robust needs. Great engine.

nobuddy
02-15-2008, 09:52 AM
Thanks for the link. What a weird review. The tires must have been overinflated, as the EX has the smoothest ride of any Infiniti.

Gotta wonder about a review that doesn't even know how to spell the brand of car: "ABOUT THE INFINITY EX35"

After test-driving the EX, I was quite surprised at how jiggly my wife's RX400h felt. :)

dumbluck
02-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Thanks for the link. What a weird review. The tires must have been overinflated, as the EX has the smoothest ride of any Infiniti.

Good point. I wonder if it could have been the tires because jiggly it ain't.

enginerd
02-15-2008, 04:20 PM
My guess is that his evaluation roads aren't as smooth as he thinks, and he didn't cross reference ride versus any other models. His write up was crap.

jfruend
02-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Having driven mine for about 700 miles now I can say without question there is a difference in ride quality between the 17" set up and the 18's. I put about 120 miles in an EX with the 18's and it was, as he said, "jiggly" compared to the smooth ride of the 17's. Not sure about inflation on either car but my car IS the smoothest Infiniti I have driven in the last two years and roughly 50,000 miles. This includes FX, M, G Sport and X, G37,and G35 coupe.

selzini
02-16-2008, 08:18 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if the tires were over-inflated. I'm on my 5th Infiniti, and everyone had over-inflated tires when I bought them - one had a psi measure of 55! It seems Infiniti ships the cars that way, but the service departments don't check, for some reason.

Opplock48
02-18-2008, 12:26 PM
Good point. I wonder if it could have been the tires because jiggly it ain't. Agree 100%. The EX IS the smoothest Infiniti thus far. I'd bet whoever prepped the car never checked tire pressures.

nobuddy
02-18-2008, 03:52 PM
Agree 100%. The EX IS the smoothest Infiniti thus far. I'd bet whoever prepped the car never checked tire pressures.

When I picked up my M, the tires were so overinflated that not only was the ride truly atrocious, but also even slight braking would cause the tires to skip, triggering the anti-lock braking. At first I thought something was wrong with the brakes, but soon figured it out.

It's strange too, because other than that, the dealer has been truly excellent.

nb