PDA

View Full Version : iPod Adapter

frontmed
02-16-2008, 12:07 PM
If you have an iPod with a lot of tracks/artists (20,000/1,000, for example), there seems to be no way to skip through the list that I can figure out.

So, if you go to "Artists", it always starts with the A's -- which is okay if there aren't too many, but a major hassle if you're looking through 1000 of them to get to ZZ Top.

Is there some way of moving faster through the list or jumping to a particular letter of the alphabet, something like that?

TIA

jfruend
02-16-2008, 12:57 PM
The only way I have found is too touch the screen and page down. It is a little faster but this is a bit of an annoyance.

imported_Jon_
03-11-2008, 02:47 AM
Yep. I put mine in shuffle mode before plugging it in. Seems to stay in that mode. Presume you could do the same with a given artist or album, that is, start it playing on the ipod before plugging it in. Not a great answer, but...

ianq
03-11-2008, 10:02 AM
Or bypass the Infiniti interface altogether and just plug the iPod in via the RCA plugs, that way you control the iPod using it's own interface.

The Infiniti interface really is useless.

imported_Jon_
03-23-2008, 11:57 PM
I wouldn't go that far... For those who donwload podcasts and the like in the morning it works just fine. I just wish they had a shuffle command on the infiniti interface.

ianq
03-24-2008, 11:32 AM
Again, if you have a decent music collection on your ipod, there is no way with the Infiniti interface to quickly scroll through the artists/albums/songs/etc list.

And, as you note, there isn't even a 'shuffle' option, and even if there were that still means you can't use the ipod's rich features as one would like.

Nope, dump the Infiniti interface, and use the ipod by plugging it into the RCA plugs.

frontmed
03-29-2008, 12:52 PM
They could have easily mitigated this problem by providing an option to select a beginning letter A-Z, 0-9 while in any list to move to the first item within the list beginning with that character. This is, in effect, what the iPod does, and while less than idea, it does work for very long lists.

Surely, this problem will be fixed in the next release of the interface. Of course, that's probably not going to help those of us who are stuck with version 1.

ianq
03-29-2008, 04:19 PM
A simple feature as you mention would turn this from basically unusable to me to being of benefit, but I think you are right, there won't be anything for us version 1 folk...

BTW, has anyone gotten video to play on the screen? I have tried every which way (via the ipod cable, via the RCA plugs) but can not get video to display. It's not an issue for me as I will never want to look at video, just kind of nice to know if it works or not.

azn_invazn
04-17-2008, 10:06 PM
i know this is a bit late, but if you try to play video through your ipod via standard rca cables, the signal is scrambled so you have to change the order

* Plug the red RCA plug into your TV’s yellow RCA jack.
* Plug the yellow RCA plug into your TV’s white RCA jack.
* Plug the white RCA plug into your TV’s red RCA jack.

or if you have a newer ipod like i do, i own a touch, you need official ipod cables, which are 50 dollars and do not work with rca input

ianq
04-18-2008, 07:59 AM
Thanks for the info, will have to try it out.

Does the Infiniti ipod cable work for the Touch, and if so, did you get video working using this cable? I was unable to get video via the ipod cable.

espressomac
04-18-2008, 08:12 AM
Thanks for the info, will have to try it out.

Does the Infiniti ipod cable work for the Touch, and if so, did you get video working using this cable? I was unable to get video via the ipod cable.

The Infiniti iPod cable works with my wife's iPhone so my guess is that it would work with the Touch. Our dealer told us that video does not work with the iPod cable, only with the RCA cables.

azn_invazn
04-18-2008, 08:15 AM
yeah you cant get video output using the infiniti ipod cables, only the rca cables, and even with that, only older generation ipods, so no ipod classics, no new nanos, no touches, and im assuming no iphones either