PDA

View Full Version : Luxe Elite

mossballs
02-22-2008, 08:55 AM
When will the EX be coming out with the Luxe Elite package? The only vehicles I have seen were pre-orderd.
There seem to be a ton of EX's on all dealership lots but non with the elite package.

EXceptional Woman
02-22-2008, 01:20 PM
I agree- the places I went also didn't have it. But I didn't ask if they had any on order coming soon, or if they all had to be pre-ordered.

jfruend
02-22-2008, 04:21 PM
in the WHOLE country. Both are at Douglas in NJ. That's it that's all. This package is essentially an order only scenario.

ianq
02-22-2008, 05:18 PM
Amazing, up here in Canada it is relatively easy to find a fully loaded EX. (Our packages are slightly different, but fully loaded here is fully loaded in the U.S.)

Got mine fully loaded, exact color combo, took all of 5 minutes to find one within 15 km (that's 59 degrees F for you folk) of where my dealer was.

mossballs
02-22-2008, 05:29 PM
I have been waiting for the Elite just to see what the difference if any there is in the seats. I know you get the stitching etc. but was wondering if the seats are perforated and softer. I have an FX now and never use the laser cruise or lane departure. I alsways shut the lane departure off because it is constantly beeping. I would rather give up those two options and get a auto start and a auto rear hatch but Infiniti has neither.

ianq
02-22-2008, 06:21 PM
What do you mean by auto start, do you mean remote start? I got that on my EX, you use the intelligent key to activate.

The leather package doesn't buy you any softer seating, I have it.

mossballs
02-22-2008, 07:13 PM
You must not be from the North. Auto start is a remote starter that starts your vehicle from up to a cupple thousand feet. Not to be mixed up with the Infiniti starter that you can put in your pocket. You have to be in the car for that. This starter is for cold weather when your vehicle has been outside all day and you want it warmed up before you get into it. I have one on my pickup and works great. It costs about 4400.00 and the one I have can start your vehicle from 1600 feet. It starts the truck and I leave the heater on so the vehicles is warm when you get in. You can also use it in the summer turning the AC on instead. The doors automatically lock also.
So you do have the Luxe Elite?

ianq
02-22-2008, 11:04 PM
I am from the north (Toronto Canada, we invented and still own the patent on cold weather!), and I got the remote start (aka auto start) installed. I can start my car from inside my office, and it will warm up for when I take the elevator down and go outside.

The version I got is fully integrated into the Infiniti intelligent key as opposed to having another fob to press. Pretty neat.

Press the lock button on the intelligent key 3 times and the car auto starts, and will run for 12 minutes. Good for 1,000 feet or something like that...

They wanted $600 CAD for it and I got them down to $500.

Yes, I have the luxe elite, just up here in Canada it is not called that.

Xtrema
02-23-2008, 12:14 AM
I am from the north (Toronto Canada, we invented and still own the patent on cold weather!), and I got the remote start (aka auto start) installed. I can start my car from inside my office, and it will warm up for when I take the elevator down and go outside.

The version I got is fully integrated into the Infiniti intelligent key as opposed to having another fob to press. Pretty neat.

Press the lock button on the intelligent key 3 times and the car auto starts, and will run for 12 minutes. Good for 1,000 feet or something like that...

They wanted $600 CAD for it and I got them down to $500.

Yes, I have the luxe elite, just up here in Canada it is not called that.

Is that an Infiniti warrantied option. Not bad for $500.

jfruend
02-23-2008, 12:18 AM
we worry about extra emissions and, oh, the possibilty of someone stealing your running car. Isn't that what heated seats are for?:D

Xtrema
02-23-2008, 12:21 AM
we worry about extra emissions and, oh, the possibilty of someone stealing your running car. Isn't that what heated seats are for?:D

Yeah, I have an Altima. Heated Seat usually do it except for a few colder days.

ianq
02-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Well it is covered by the dealer for 4 years, not sure if it is Infiniti warrantied.

With the car running from the remote start, trying to steal the car is the same as trying to steal it if it wasn't remote started, unless the thief has the key, it isn't going anywhere. (Unless they hot-wire it, assuming that can easily be done with the EX, which I don't know.)

At -20 celsius, you'd quickly come to appreciate the remote start feature!