PDA

View Full Version : Say welcome to the EX37

trondhla
02-25-2008, 03:36 PM
At least later this year and if you are living in Europe:
http://www.autoblog.com/2008/02/25/infiniti-kicks-off-euro-invasion-with-305-hp-ex37/

3,7 liter, 305 HP and 7 speed automatic.

This will not be the recipe for success here. Gasoline is selling for something like 12$/Gallon and it most people tries to avoid gasoline as much as they can, diesel is the name of the game.
At the positive side, the EX37 will be a X3 beater, big time :hsdance:

Ricofx45
02-25-2008, 04:01 PM
What?
The whole article doesn't mention any differences but the engine and tranny. But it's enough, now I want that. Why would a bigger engine be released in Europe of all places? I could see the Middle East, but the most fuel concious continent in the world? I don't understand.
And the hp is only slightly higher as well as the torque. maybe the 3.7 was tweaked to be more fuel friendly and still get nice power out of it with the better performing transmission?

JayG35
02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
What?
The whole article doesn't mention any differences but the engine and tranny. But it's enough, now I want that. Why would a bigger engine be released in Europe of all places? I could see the Middle East, but the most fuel concious continent in the world? I don't understand.
And the hp is only slightly higher as well as the torque. maybe the 3.7 was tweaked to be more fuel friendly and still get nice power out of it with the better performing transmission?

I think that's exactly it. The tweaked VVEL engine mated to the 7-speed auto probably has better power delivery and fuel economy than the 3.5. I bet these European models are going to appear in the US as the refresed versions of the G sedan and EX.

colt45
02-25-2008, 04:24 PM
What?
Lowering costs by making it a higher volume engine & more real world test results. Before a new M debuts, if the new engine/tranny was tested in multiple other vehicles, you get a better look at bugs, what works, & what didn't work. People's feedback on the performance of these vehicles may dictate how newer models are tuned.

JayG35
02-25-2008, 09:43 PM
I agree with colt45. Additionally, I wouldn't get too discouraged because these models being introduced to the EU are sure to be the mid-cycle refresh versions that we recieve here in a year or two.

Infiniti's ability to test the market and tweak the VVEL engine and new 7-speed auto is going to positively affect the new M. It will be the most refined package that Infiniti has ever assembled, and will pave the way for the next big thing-- the GT-R based model.

Tarkus
08-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Any more rumors on a US EX37? I'd be all over this if it were available.

JNKCV
08-27-2008, 07:08 AM
I believe it's coming to the US soon! They're currently offering the EX @ 0% for 72 months :eek:around my area! They must be trying to move the 35's before the 37 gets released!

MrRyte
08-27-2008, 10:46 AM
I agree with colt45. Additionally, I wouldn't get too discouraged because these models being introduced to the EU are sure to be the mid-cycle refresh versions that we recieve here in a year or two.

Infiniti's ability to test the market and tweak the VVEL engine and new 7-speed auto is going to positively affect the new M. It will be the most refined package that Infiniti has ever assembled, and will pave the way for the next big thing-- the GT-R based model.
Agreed on both counts. The US EX will have the VQ37VHR in a year or so. As for the "next big thing-- the GT-R based model"- I doubt that Infiniti will go that route....:(

AWGD8
09-26-2008, 10:57 PM
Bring it on! :bowdown:

Redwing
03-28-2010, 03:30 PM
Bump

So any more substance here? I'm thinking of pulling the trigger soon but I have time on my side, and would be happy with what's already out there. Sure I'd like more, but if the price goes up, I'd prefer to take what is there now.

I do wonder when an upgrade will come out though. Especially with the rear seat issue. It doesn't matter for me since I'd rarely be using them anyway.
thoughts?

JayG35
04-03-2010, 02:16 AM
It's interesting. You can see from my old post above that I had expected we'd see an EX37 and FX37 by now. So strange that those two models haven't received the newer motor yet.

phamthebac
04-05-2010, 01:33 PM
EX37 will be available with a new seven-speed automatic option with Adaptive Shift Control (ASC).

With its additional forward gear, the new automatic transmission has a wider spread of ratios which benefits both fuel consumption and drivability. The seventh speed is effectively an overdrive ratio, returning improved fuel economy on a steady throttle without compromising in-gear flexibility for overtaking.

http://img1.netcarshow.com/Infiniti-EX37_2009_thumbnail_03.jpg