PDA

View Full Version : Deals will be had on EX's in March....

jfruend
02-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Let's just say a little bird has dropped some news. Whether you are leasing or purchasing deals will be great. For you at the credit union with 5.09% you better check with me or IFS before you ink up. Not sure what benefit the dealer gets if you bring in a check from your credit union but at buy rate at least they get a flat.

EXceptional Woman
02-28-2008, 10:44 PM
More details please!!! Are you talking interest rates or discounts on the car?

Xtrema
02-28-2008, 11:16 PM
Sounds like the same for Canadian.

Since Lexus dropped $5-$10K on all models, the Infiniti salemen said they may follow soon.

woozzh
03-01-2008, 09:20 AM
jfuend,

What area of the country are you in?

jfruend
03-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Colorado. The EX will now lease better than a comparably equipped G. This should be the case country wide because rates and residuals are different for RWD and AWD but whatever the case deals should be had. If anyone is looking for a particular color combo or options let me know and I'll look.

JT4
03-01-2008, 12:00 PM
I just made a deal yesterday for the following. It involves taking in my current FX35 lease with two payments left of $528.00 and about 1,000 excess miles. I have also made them commit to no further excess wear and tear to be billed to me as I want to be completely done with my current vehicle.

EX35 2WD Dark Currant/Chestnut
Touring
Tech
Nav
Roof Rails & Crossbars
Wood Trim
Luxe

TOP $3,200 (I realize that I am essentially paying off my previous lease here and then some towards the car)

Monthly payment $549. Includes 6% local sales tax.

I think this is quite a good deal based on previous lease conditions. I am just curious how it compares with the new deals. I have paid my initial TOP funds and signed the scribbled preliminary deal sheet. No formal paperwork has been signed as of yet. Let me know what you think. Thanks.

espressomac
03-01-2008, 12:45 PM
The combo we're thinking about is:

Model: RWD Journey
Exterior: Blue Slate, Platinum Graphite, Liquid Platinum
Interior: Graphite
Packages: Nav, Tech, Premium
Options: Rails (no crossbars), Cargo organizer and protector, splash guards

One dealer told me that there aren't all that many EX35's with a Tech package. Do you know anything about that?

JT4
03-01-2008, 12:56 PM
One dealer told me that there aren't all that many EX35's with a Tech package. Do you know anything about that?

I am in Florida as well. My deal is from Coconut Creek Infiniti in Broward County. They have many EX35's on the lot. I was surprised to see lots of basic cars in the $35K range. Not many with the tech package as you mentioned. I was not looking for the tech specifically in my car but they searched all nearby dealer inventories and incoming cars and could not find a car with the color combo I wanted and Nav/Touring/Luxe. I am glad I have the Tech but it is just a luxury I did not particularly care about much. Perhaps if others feel the same way and the demand is low so they are not stocking many.

If you are in the area and plan to go see my dealer I would recommend my salesman. He is a nice guy and deserves the business.

jfruend
03-01-2008, 01:07 PM
and others looking for Tech package cars or Luxe Elite cars will most likely have to order your car. These options are only on a few of the cars. Currently there is ONE Tech pkg RWD Journey car in stock in the whole country. Are you opposed to ordering or limiting your options?

JT4
03-01-2008, 01:16 PM
jfruend,

How does my lease compare to the deals you know are coming? What are your thoughts? Thanks.

jfruend
03-01-2008, 02:10 PM
it looks great. $549 including tax is pretty strong considering all your throwing in. The only thing I would make sure you get in writing is your agreement about wear and tear. This has been a thorn in many deals so make sure that gets put down in writing. Buy and enjoy.

JT4
03-01-2008, 07:01 PM
Thanks for your info jfruend. Before I sign anything I am having them inspect my current car to ensure that are okay with it's condition so there are no surprises afterwards. I was at the dealer today and the car they said they were bringing from another dealer they now said it was sold by that dealer as they had no control over that. I am unsure how true that story is but either way they have one exactly like it scheduled to arrive the 20th. My salesman says they always quote a worst case delivery date but they usually arrive a few days earlier. No big deal as I will be out traveling out of twon for a week during the waiting period and would not be able to drive my new car anyway.

EXceptional Woman
03-03-2008, 06:03 PM
I signed today for $3500 off the MSRP. I got the Luxe Style, Premium, Navigation and Wood Trim. Another dealer offered me similar. Anyone get anything better?

espressomac
03-03-2008, 06:32 PM
I signed today for $3500 off the MSRP. I got the Luxe Style, Premium, Navigation and Wood Trim. Another dealer offered me similar. Anyone get anything better?

Congratulations! I'll let you know how it goes over here later this month. My wife and I were talking about it and agreed that we'd rather wait for the right color/package combination rather than the lowest price. But hat's off to you since it looks like you did great on both counts.

Ricofx45
03-04-2008, 10:08 AM
I ended up not getting an EX, but for anyone that is looking I'll give the numbers I was quoted to help. These were from the last week of Feb.
Quotes for EX35 RWD, prem, nav, luxe style, wood, roof rails.

One dealer's quote:
MSRP $42, 075
Less than VPP for this cap cost, not sure exact number
$550/mth including tax, 36 month, 10K/yr, $0 down, just first month at signing, this was including payoff last payment of outgoing lease of $470.
Sorry but I don't have all the numbers for this one.

Another dealer's quote:
MSRP $42,075
VPP 38,674
Your Price $$38,326
36 month lease 10,000 miles per year No Money Down
$584-$594 6% sales tax included, this includes $470 for the last payment of my last lease.

espressomac
03-04-2008, 11:11 PM
If I'm reading this correctly, Infiniti is giving $2000 in cash to dealers for every EX35 sold from 2/29/08 to 3/31/08. For example, I guess that means they can go $1500 under MSRP and still make money.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/infiniti/ex35/100961315/incentives.html?vdp=off&setzip=33331&state=FL#dms

dumbluck
03-05-2008, 10:39 AM
If I'm reading this correctly, Infiniti is giving $2000 in cash to dealers for every EX35 sold from 2/29/08 to 3/31/08. For example, I guess that means they can go $1500 under MSRP and still make money.

http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/infiniti/ex35/100961315/incentives.html?vdp=off&setzip=33331&state=FL#dms

It would explain offers of invoice pricing with no negotiation.

jfruend
03-05-2008, 11:43 AM
retail purchasing or financing NOT for leasing. That said the car is leasing somewhere between 40 and 50 dollars a month less than last week.

waltaz
03-23-2008, 07:18 AM
I just took delivery last night on a new EX35 here in Arizona. Details on my deal are as follows:
- EX35 Journey RWD, Liquid Platinum/Graphite
- Nav, Prem, Luxe Style, Roof Rails, Wood Trim, Splash Guards, Cargo Area Protector, Cargo Organizer
- Dealer add-on package including tint, door guards, wheel locks, ZakTek paint protection
- MSRP: $42,235
- Invoice: $38,489
- Selling Price: $38,589

I also traded-in my '06 Honda Pilot EX-L Nav, with the dealer paying off my loan and cutting me a check for the difference, which is about $6,400.

Lease details:
- 24-month through IFS
- 18K miles/year
- Residual: 67% minus $600 for additional depreciation (due to 3K excess miles/yr) = $27,697
- Money factor: .00025
- Rolled $2,143 into the lease amount (IFS lease acquistion fee of $595, dealer doc fee of $395, registration of $549.36, tire tax of $5 and 1st month payment of $604.79)
- Adjusted cap cost: $40,732
- Monthly payment: $604.79, incl. tax of 7.95% ($560.23 base + $44.54 tax)

I was actually going to pay the fees out of pocket, with another $1000-$1500 down as a cap cost reduction to reduce the monthly payment about $150 from there, but ended up rolling everything in and leasing that amount because of the low money factor. I am going to use the proceeds from my trade-in, along with some other cash on-hand, to set up an interest-bearing account and auto-pay my payments out of that. Essentially fund my payments ahead of time, and let my money work for me, instead of them.

I'm quite happy with the overall deal, and of course, with the EX!! Let me know if you have any questions.

Walt

JT4
03-23-2008, 10:50 AM
Congratulations Walt. You have been studying this for a while and I am sure its nice to finally get there. Liquid Platinum is the best color to show dust the least IMO. MY last two cars have been similar colors along with the black/graphite interior.

My dealer checked into my car that should have been here on the 20th. They are confirming now that it will be here on the 25th. I still may opt for a lesser equipted car if they can't change the other deal to 24 months within my monthly budget. I really don't need the Tech package. I need to find the cost for my particular car. Where can I do that?

waltaz
03-23-2008, 11:15 AM
My dealer checked into my car that should have been here on the 20th. They are confirming now that it will be here on the 25th. I still may opt for a lesser equipted car if they can't change the other deal to 24 months within my monthly budget. I really don't need the Tech package. I need to find the cost for my particular car. Where can I do that?
Go to Edmunds.com, choose New Cars, then Infiniti and the EX model you're looking at, then configure it with the options you want/are getting, and it will tell you precisely what the MSRP and Invoice prices are. Simple.

I, too, was looking at adding Tech or AWD in order to get a color combo I liked, but didn't have to, fortunately - I have no interest in nor need for either option.

If at all possible, I'd recommend the 24-month lease because of that money factor.

JT4
03-23-2008, 11:37 AM
Thanks Walt. I had been there before but I had a feeling getting that info required signing up for something. I got it now. Yes, the 24 month lease is what I really want. Afterwards I want to get another FX after the new one comes out and pricing levels off.

waltaz
03-23-2008, 12:13 PM
Afterwards I want to get another FX after the new one comes out and pricing levels off.
My thoughts exactly...the new FX will be in the second year of its new gen, the kinks will be ironed out, and the deals will be there. And we'll get to keep all the toys and tech that the EX has started, and are going into the new FX...:D

espressomac
03-29-2008, 07:59 PM
I think the March deals are there. Two dealers certainly have mentioned that this weekend and upto "midnight on Monday" you'll be able to negotiate good deals. But maybe they say that every month. This is however, end of the fiscal year in addition to the end of the month.

Anyway, since yesterday I've gotten two lease quotes. I might be going to negotiate something final tomorrow.

A:
24 mos: MF = .00025, residual = 63%
36 mos: MF = .00064, residual = 52%
39 mos: MF = .00070, residual = 51%

B:
24 mos: MF = .00050, residual = 63%
36 mos: MF = .00080, residual = 52%
39 mos: MF = .00095, residual = 51%
42 mos: MF = .00130, residual = 49%

waltaz
03-29-2008, 08:35 PM
I think the March deals are there. Two dealers certainly have mentioned that this weekend and upto "midnight on Monday" you'll be able to negotiate good deals. But maybe they say that every month. This is however, end of the fiscal year in addition to the end of the month.

Anyway, since yesterday I've gotten two lease quotes. I might be going to negotiate something final tomorrow.

A:
24 mos: MF = .00025, residual = 63%
36 mos: MF = .00064, residual = 52%
39 mos: MF = .00070, residual = 51%

B:
24 mos: MF = .00050, residual = 63%
36 mos: MF = .00080, residual = 52%
39 mos: MF = .00095, residual = 51%
42 mos: MF = .00130, residual = 49%
Which means the money factors are going up for April, making leasing more expensive, so get that deal done this weekend!

EX4ME
03-30-2008, 12:58 AM
I have read this EX forum since last September when I started looking for a new vehicle. The FX was on top, but a little bigger and pricier than I wanted. So when I learned about the EX I was thrilled and started doing my research, which brought me to this forum. In late December I finally got to see it for myself. It was perfect, just what I needed. It is definitely more of a woman’s vehicle. A sporty, sophisticated, extraordinary, sporty coupe with a hatchback. It is the answer to the “older, mature” woman’s dream. We look so stupid when we go out and buy a Mustang. We still want great looks, a little room for that one teenager that likes to join us for dinner out on a Saturday night and yep, some pep, we want to turn heads for a smile not a smirk cause we look like we are going through a mid-life crisis with that Mustang.

So began my relationship with two dealerships, looking for the Journey RWD, Navi & Prem Pkg. Dealership 1 would not come off the sticker price. They claimed they were selling like hotcakes at sticker price. Yeah, I believed that one, since I had never seen one on the road, and still haven’t. I got a really good deal using the VPP in January $38,000+ from Dealership 2. I knew the longer I waited the better the price would be. And thanks to all of you very informative forum friends, I knew they weren’t moving these new beauties as quickly as they thought they would. And then in early March, you also let me know about the $2000 incentive to the dealers. THANK YOU!! I figured if I got $38,000 in January, I should be able to get $36,000 in March. I went to Dealer 1 and laid it out on the table. I got the usual, we are getting sticker, then we really aren’t making any money at that price, to, let me show you our invoice (not the real one of course) then you are basically stealing the EX. Well I left with “we will call you and let you know what we can do” since they weren’t sure about the VPP program. Well from the comforts of my living room the next day, I began calling both and negotiating. After a few phone calls to both I ended up with $1500 under invoice listed on the Internet. Roof rails and cargo protector were added at no extra costs. I actually paid over 5G less than the MSRP on the car itself. Yes, deals are to be had in March, if you work the dealer as hard as they want to work you.

Do your homework, these hot looking CUV’s are not selling as quickly as they want you to believe. They need to sell them; we just want to buy them. Call around to dealerships in your area and around the country. Ask if they have a variety of colors, because you want to compare and decide. Almost all will tell you, we have plenty, come down we will make you a deal. There are great deals out there, you just have to work it and having two dealerships competing helps. Even if one is 300+ miles away and there is no way you are going that far, the dealer doesn’t know that. Use that to your advantage. I don’t know if the Invoice Price on the Internet is accurate, I still think they made a nice profit on my deal. They did not loose anything as they would like me to believe. And they sold a car, point to Infiniti.

And bottom line, the sweeter the deal, the more you will love that vehicle. I couldn't love my EX more! It is a dream, I can't wait to go to work each day.

EXceptional Woman
03-30-2008, 11:41 AM
Holy smokes!!!!! That is the best deal I've heard of so far. This forum is amazingly helpful!!

EX4ME
03-30-2008, 12:57 PM
This forum and the Internt will definitely save you $$$. You have to do your homework before you purchase anything especially a large $$ item. I would have been thrilled at $36M, I was even shocked at $35M. My husband couldn't belive the price was going down with each phone call. Working one against the other was the key. They both needed to make the sale and with the 2G incentive was willing to do what ever they had to. I really think I would have gotten another $500 or more off, but I got worried the two dealers might talk to each other and I would have to pay MSRP. I didn't want to be too greedy. Bottom line, I got a great deal and they still made a profit. Work the deal, and above all be patient. Rome wasn't built in a day and good deal on a car won't be had on your first visit to just one dealership.