PDA

View Full Version : HomeLink issues

EXceptional Woman
03-05-2008, 01:03 PM
I tried everything exactly as the brochure said, and I can tell that my garage door opener is just not receiving a signal from my car when I try to link them up. I even tried all of the different HomeLink buttons to see if maybe one of those was busted.

Either there is something wrong with my HL or I can't get close enough to the garage door opener (and I have to use this because it is a newer model).

Did anyone else have that problem yet? Thanks.

ralt5
03-05-2008, 03:59 PM
If you have a "rolling code" garage door opener which is likely, since you state it's a newer model, you have to follow the instructions very precisely for setting it up. You have to assume that the opener is not a rolling code opener and do those steps as well, let them fail, then do the rest of the steps. (here is the homelink card: http://www.infiniti.com/pdf/techpubs/I_HomeLink.pdf )

Do all this with your car in the garage, right below the receiver.

If this doesn't work, I'm sure that your dealer can help you. I've even heard of some dealers visiting clients' home to set up the homelink. If you lived in my neighborhood, I'd help you, as I've done for many a neighbor.

r5

selzini
03-05-2008, 04:32 PM
Having had five Infiniti's with two different makes of garage door openers, your experience is very familiar. The problem is that each opener manufacturer has its own set of procedures for setting up the Homelink. I suggest that you contact the manufacturer of the opener and ask for detailed instructions. For example, when I couldn't program the opener in my new house almost five years ago, I contacted the manufacturer. The first question they asked was what color wire(antenna) was conected to the opener. They then gave me the specific instructions, which differed slightly from those(generic) that come with Infinitis. When I bought my latest G, I went back to the instructions(which I luckily saved!), and had no problem programming it. Remember, the programming instructions have to be followed exactly, or the Homelink will not work. Good luck.

Ricofx45
03-06-2008, 11:19 AM
I had a tough time programming a few in the past. I went through a couple attempts, just remember to hold the outside buttons to clear it each time you retry the programming if none of the buttons are already set for something.
This time with my G37 I got lucky and it took the first time.

alxco
03-08-2008, 10:00 PM
Also, your door opener may only allow a certain number of remotes and/or keypads. You might want to try clearing the memory (usually holding down the "learn" button until the red light blinks. Then start the programming process.

EXceptional Woman
03-08-2008, 11:49 PM
Thanks everyone. We got it to work today. It turns out although the instructions say to press and release in the final stages with the garage door opener training button (for rolling codes), you actually do have to hold it down for at least 2 seconds. We got that tip from my salesman.