PDA

View Full Version : Curious

Boston Infiniti
03-06-2008, 06:51 PM
I was wondering if anyone knew what the tiny light to the right of the moon roof control is? I've checked the manual and nothing. It's only on when the headlights are on.

dumbluck
03-06-2008, 07:49 PM
Is it ambient lighting for the dash/shifter?

Boston Infiniti
03-06-2008, 08:07 PM
I think you're right. It just doesn't show much when driving around here with all the city and street lights. Just tried it with the car in the garage. Shines straight down on the shifter. Pretty cool. Just saw a pic of the new FX. Looks pretty good.

ralt5
03-06-2008, 08:41 PM
I don't know about the EX, cuz I haven't sat in one at night, but on my M, that light also serves to illuminate the moonroof/spotlight controls by reflecting light off your hand onto the controls as you move your hand towards them.

r5

chichi
03-06-2008, 09:09 PM
I was wondering if it was for the analog clock...it's so bazaar.

EXceptional Woman
03-06-2008, 09:54 PM
It's cool, everything about this car is so much fun!!!

selzini
03-06-2008, 10:24 PM
it's so bazaar.

Sorry, but I can't help it. I almost never comment on the poor spelling and bad syntax of members, but this is too rich. A "bazaar" is a place where things are bought and sold. The word you're looking for is "bizarre."

frontmed
03-07-2008, 12:51 AM
This lights up the console. My EX has it, and so does my wife's Rogue, although, it is much more prominent in the Rogue.

chichi
03-07-2008, 08:52 AM
it's so bazaar.

Sorry, but I can't help it. I almost never comment on the poor spelling and bad syntax of members, but this is too rich. A "bazaar" is a place where things are bought and sold. The word you're looking for is "bizarre."

Duh, chalk one up for the the English Grammar and Composition police. :bowdown:

I feel - embarrassed, cheapened even.
My only defense is: in my old gang. a friend constantly used the word and in her rich Boston accent and we'd remind her that it was 'bizarre" and not "bazaar".
:sign_fool:

Your humbled servant,

-chi

selzini
03-07-2008, 05:11 PM
You're forgiven. :-) By the way, I'm a retired teacher(36 years), so I hope you'll forgive ME! 2 X :-)