PDA

View Full Version : Just bought the new EX35!!

Cloud9
03-07-2008, 09:57 AM
I just bought the EX last night and I can't wait to pick it up later today!! See my Sig for my options. I was very happy with the deal. I know I could have saved another $200-$300 at another dealer 45 miles away. The amount was not enough for me so I bought it at my local dealer.

MSRP $45,425
Paid $41,500
24 months / 15k lease
$2000 total out of pocket
MF .00049
Resudual 64%
$525 month

I actually bought an EX at another dealer last week and we worked out the deal ($150 under invocie) and lease payments. The next day they called me and told me that they had used the wrong residual % and it was going to be $50 more a month. I think that was a blessing in disguise as it was a black / black (so tough to keep clean!) and not as loaded.

I'll post pics when I get my car!!

seldomseen
03-07-2008, 10:03 AM
Congrats! Looks like you got a good lease term. What do you plan on getting at the end of 24 months?

Cloud9
03-07-2008, 10:16 AM
Congrats! Looks like you got a good lease term. What do you plan on getting at the end of 24 months?

LOL, being a car nut I love 24 month leases and at these MF and residuals to boot! My past 5 cars have been BMWs and this will be my first Japanese cars. I was so impressed with Infiniti's entire line-up. I almost pulled the trigger on the G35 6sp manual. I didn't even consider the EX because it did not come in a manual 6sp...which was what I really wanted. But then drove the EX and loved it.

I'm really open to my next purchase. I leaning towards the Audi for their Quattro and the redesigned B8 A4 looks amazing. By the time my lease is up on my EX the Audi should have better incentives for their B8 A4.

espressomac
03-07-2008, 11:05 AM
Congrats on the new EX and a great deal. The MF seems to be really, really good and certainly far below what it was when they first introduced the car.

Curious, did you see any EX's with the Tech package but not the Luxe? Or were you looking to have the Luxe?

seldomseen
03-07-2008, 12:08 PM
If I could stay within a low mileage allowance I'd give leasing a trying in the future on an $80k+ type of car. But since I drive so much, and have always financed using 36 months terms with $10k downpayments to keep my notes under $800.

I bought my Eclipse used in '04 with 24k miles and now I have $150k miles on it!! Luckily, I paid it off already and spend time modding it. :D

Refined1
03-07-2008, 12:27 PM
Congrats on your purchase, can you please post some pics if you have a moment I would love to to see that color combo and white in general, your lucky you didnt get black especially if its gonna be an every day car
I mean its nice when clean but between swirl marks and dust it can become annoying. Sounds like you got a great deal on your lease. If your close to NY would you mind sharing dealer info? If not I understand.

EXceptional Woman
03-07-2008, 04:19 PM
If your close to NY would you mind sharing dealer info? If not I understand.

Check out Pepe Infiniti up in White Plains. They are the 2nd largest dealer in the country. I didn't end up buying from them because I got better perks at Devan Infiniti in Fairfield, CT and it was closer for me. But, Pepe was willing to drop dollars fast. Very aggressive and probably have good deals because they move so many cars in general.

Ask for Mike Fell.

Infiniti in Manhattan had barely any colors to show. Only 2 models on the showroom floor- black and white!

Ricofx45
03-07-2008, 04:45 PM
That's funny cloud, because the one quote I got was using the basic residual instead of the journey and getting a $50 monthly difference.

Refined1
03-07-2008, 05:17 PM
Thanks EXceptional, Ill tell Mike you sent me and I better get a good deal or else j/k. I see that you are an EX owner as well and also wanted to ask a few more questions, first rear legroom Im not very tall 5'5 do you think that would leave any legroom for rear passengers some of these photos look like there is none back there regardless of size, second is the cargo area adequate (supermarket trips, airport)? Third how is ride height does it feel like a car or crossover? Last but not least what impression does this car give off Crossover or Wagon? I saw it at the car show last year but I think they modified the rear quarter panel a bit and changed those beautiful wheels it had, so getting mixed signals, I have yet to see one in person suprisingly so will probably wait to see it along with the FX (which I dont think I will like after what they did to the front end but will reserve final judgement till I see it)at this years NY Auto Show. Thanks for your time and info.

Check out Pepe Infiniti up in White Plains. They are the 2nd largest dealer in the country. I didn't end up buying from them because I got better perks at Devan Infiniti in Fairfield, CT and it was closer for me. But, Pepe was willing to drop dollars fast. Very aggressive and probably have good deals because they move so many cars in general.

Ask for Mike Fell.

Infiniti in Manhattan had barely any colors to show. Only 2 models on the showroom floor- black and white!

Cloud9
03-07-2008, 08:33 PM
That's funny cloud, because the one quote I got was using the basic residual instead of the journey and getting a $50 monthly difference.

Don't know what to tell you. There are bunch of lease calculators on the internet you can use to check your numbers.

Cloud9
03-07-2008, 08:39 PM
Thanks EXceptional, Ill tell Mike you sent me and I better get a good deal or else j/k. I see that you are an EX owner as well and also wanted to ask a few more questions, first rear legroom Im not very tall 5'5 do you think that would leave any legroom for rear passengers some of these photos look like there is none back there regardless of size, second is the cargo area adequate (supermarket trips, airport)? Third how is ride height does it feel like a car or crossover? Last but not least what impression does this car give off Crossover or Wagon? I saw it at the car show last year but I think they modified the rear quarter panel a bit and changed those beautiful wheels it had, so getting mixed signals, I have yet to see one in person suprisingly so will probably wait to see it along with the FX (which I dont think I will like after what they did to the front end but will reserve final judgement till I see it)at this years NY Auto Show. Thanks for your time and info.

For me the car looks so much better in person than in pictures. You really have to see it in person to appreciate it. IMO, it looks like a crossover...I never saw it as a wagon.

I have the 18' wheels and it is a very comfortable, not hard at all. I've had 18' in my BMW and this is FAR more comfortable. And in New England, there are plenty of pot holes and bad rodes. It's so quiet too.

EXceptional Woman
03-09-2008, 12:29 AM
I see that you are an EX owner as well and also wanted to ask a few more questions, first rear legroom Im not very tall 5'5 do you think that would leave any legroom for rear passengers some of these photos look like there is none back there regardless of size, second is the cargo area adequate (supermarket trips, airport)? Third how is ride height does it feel like a car or crossover? Last but not least what impression does this car give off Crossover or Wagon? I saw it at the car show last year but I think they modified the rear quarter panel a bit and changed those beautiful wheels it had, so getting mixed signals, I have yet to see one in person suprisingly so will probably wait to see it along with the FX (which I dont think I will like after what they did to the front end but will reserve final judgement till I see it)at this years NY Auto Show. Thanks for your time and info.

Refined, there has been a lot of discussion on here about the questions you raise. I think these are more of a matter of opinion as each person will have their own needs. But for me, I am very happy with the space in this car. I don't think it's meant for carting around a lot, but probably for most trips it should be fine. I don't have kids yet, but do plan to start a family this year. I figure I will have the car max 8-10 years and kids have sufficient room in the back seat. The back seat seems fine for 2 adults to me. My mother is 5'8" and had lots of space. I hardly have anyone in the back seat, so my seats are all the way back in those photos. If you slide them up to allow more room in the back, I believe there is plenty of room to shift your knees around and be comfy. Otherwise, probably most people's knees will be pretty close to the front seats.

I just went for my first big grocery trip and fit about $200 worth of groceries plus 12 rolls of paper towels in the trunk without folding the seats down. It looked like there was still space for more, but I did find it annoying that some stuff rolled out when I opened the hatch when I got home. I've heard others complain about this too.

To answer your last questions, I am not sure how this car comes across. I think it is a crossover, but then again, I think the Murano is an SUV so maybe I am wrong? I was definitely pleasantly surprised when I saw it in person, it was bigger than I thought. There are some videos on youtube that many have cited on here that also help give you a better impression. You really just have to see it in person. I feel like it drives like a tall car, which I liked because I take lots of curvy roads to work. I don't like that tipping over feeling, and I haven't had it much with this car yet. I don't know if that helps. If you've ever seen the Nissan Rogue in person, I believe this car has the same dimensions and height.

P.S. I had the same thoughts on the FX front end. But I'm sure it will be a beautiful car in person. That car has always made my heart rate go up. It's really hot looking!! When I see my EX from the side, it looks the same to me. Such a head turner!!!

EXceptional Woman
03-09-2008, 12:36 AM
P.S. I recommended Pepe since you asked for NY area, but if you don't mind taking a drive up 95 to CT, you should check out Devan Infiniti, where I purchased. They had every single color right there in front of their showroom. Brian Quinn was awesome. Really helpful guy, and no pressure whatsoever. I got $3500 off my purchase, and they have a ton of perks like free oil changes for life and free pickup and dropoff of your car for anything more than an oil change (within Fairfield Cty, CT). They are also rated in the top 10 for service. Good luck! Ask away, I'm happy to help. This forum helped me tremendously!

Refined1
03-12-2008, 03:13 PM
P.S. I recommended Pepe since you asked for NY area, but if you don't mind taking a drive up 95 to CT, you should check out Devan Infiniti, where I purchased. They had every single color right there in front of their showroom. Brian Quinn was awesome. Really helpful guy, and no pressure whatsoever. I got $3500 off my purchase, and they have a ton of perks like free oil changes for life and free pickup and dropoff of your car for anything more than an oil change (within Fairfield Cty, CT). They are also rated in the top 10 for service. Good luck! Ask away, I'm happy to help. This forum helped me tremendously!

Thank you so much for your info EXceptional Woman. I went by the showroom late at nite to see one (as I have yet to see one on the street) here in Manhattan and it looked good, it put my fears of stationwagonism to rest, it was in tidewater blue with wheat, and the cargo space are rear leg room looked sufficient. Now all I need is a test drive, picking colors and finding the options I want with the colors I decide (I think I have it down to two) and a good deal. Might just take that trip out to CT. Thanks Again

EXceptional Woman
03-12-2008, 04:02 PM
Oh great! I am really in love with this car. What colors are you considering? I guess they swapped the white for the blue because I did notice the white was on hold when I was there. That showroom is so tiny (and the $20 I had to pay for 1 hour of parking was a joke). But that's NY for you, still gotta love it!

If you do end up going up to CT, make sure you ask for Brian. He was the nicest one there, really no pressure at all and seemed really honest. Tell him Jillian sent you! I think I drove him nuts with all my e-mails and calls, he'll definitely remember me. Anyway, I really encourage it if you don't mind an hour drive because they have every single color there.

Refined1
03-12-2008, 05:03 PM
Oh great! I am really in love with this car. What colors are you considering? I guess they swapped the white for the blue because I did notice the white was on hold when I was there. That showroom is so tiny (and the $20 I had to pay for 1 hour of parking was a joke). But that's NY for you, still gotta love it!

If you do end up going up to CT, make sure you ask for Brian. He was the nicest one there, really no pressure at all and seemed really honest. Tell him Jillian sent you! I think I drove him nuts with all my e-mails and calls, he'll definitely remember me. Anyway, I really encourage it if you don't mind an hour drive because they have every single color there.

I called them and left Brian a message to call me back and consult with him, I was gonna tell him the lady you sold the dark currant too referred me, but now will tell him Jillian, I really hate that sales pitch and pressure
I also like giving my business to respective and appreciative people. I was lucky last night because they had the EX in the front of the showroom and got a good look at it. The colors I think will either be white or platinum graphite, maybe liquid platinum(silver) if it has any spice I like the dark colors as well but I dont have the time to maintain them the way I like too and swirl marks drive me nuts, as far as interior the wheat looked pretty damn good last night so probably wheat,was might considering black for easy maintenance, but I had it on my last 4 vehicles so I think I am ready for a more uplifting/mood elevating interior color. I also have to remember to be prepared for the finance manager as they got me a few times in the past.

Regards
Nick

EXceptional Woman
03-13-2008, 10:24 AM
Oh great!! I think you will be very impressed with everything there. Especially when I compare them to Manhattan and read about the type of service you like.

First, I never once saw a finance manager. You only deal with Brian, that is their promise.

Second, they are all dressed up in suit and tie (which may be typical for Infiniti, but I sure as heck wasn't used to it at Honda, and didn't see everyone like that in Manhattan). Not like that really matters, it was just funny to see this dressed up guy, in the pouring rain with a lady holding an umbrella over his head, putting my license plate on my car. That's right, my salesman put my license plate and registration sticker on! Is that normal? It's been 9 years since I purchased a car and I don't remember much about that one because I was young and stupid :-).

Third, he walked me around the whole dealership and introduced me to the entire service team, got to see the workshop and everything. I have my own personal contact in the service department. It is definitely a classy place where you will be treated with the utmost respect, and I never once experienced any kind of sleezy sales behavior. He didn't even try to sell me the extended warranty, he just said it's there anytime if I am ever interested. Another thing I liked was I asked if he thought the around view monitor was worth it, and he laughed shaking his head no, with a face like don't even bother. A salesguy who just turned down an extra, wow!

(Just a note on that- if you are interested in the AVM, they install them a different way for vehicles sold in CT. They only work in reverse!)

As for colors, I hope they still have one on the lot with the Chestnut interior. I know you like the wheat, but the Chestnut is very different (you said you wanted something different, but the darker colors are more easily maintained). I have to agree there. I am way too much of a clean freak to get the wheat, but probably others who have it can answer much better on that. The Chestnut is uplifting, unique, and I don't worry too much about getting it dirty because the rugs are black. That said, the wheat is also very classy looking! And I liked how Cloud9's car is so airy and cheery looking.

For the exterior, I had the same concerns about dark color showing the swirl. The beauty of this vehicle is the self healing clear coat. I'm not sure how well it will work, but I fell in love with the Dark Current so I made up my mind really quickly!

Let me know how things go! Good luck. Also just something to keep in mind, Brian is not in on Fridays. And one more thought, since buying an Infiniti comes with so many service perks (I think), you probably want to make sure you wouldn't be missing out on anything by buying so far away from home. You probably don't want to have to drive all the way up to Fairfield to get your free oil change, etc..

EXceptional Woman
03-13-2008, 01:07 PM
Refined, I guess there were some good points on some other posts that in terms of the actual numbers, maybe you can keep the figures I gave you private if you wheel & deal with Brian. You'll probably get there anyway since the word is not a lot of these are selling.

Refined1
03-13-2008, 06:07 PM
Refined, I guess there were some good points on some other posts that in terms of the actual numbers, maybe you can keep the figures I gave you private if you wheel & deal with Brian. You'll probably get there anyway since the word is not a lot of these are selling.

No problem, he didnt call me back as of yet and I think I need another week or two, but either way I wont mention your name or deal, if anything
I ll just use plan B and bring Glondoor along http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2008/02/super-bowl-ad.html
on a more serious note maybe I should consider a NY dealer due to the AVM issue since it will be a must for me. What exactly is the AVM issue the other states work whenever you want it? and CT in reverse only?
Thanks again for all your help.

ianq
03-13-2008, 06:27 PM
It doesn't really matter, front viewng is limited to under 7mph anyhow, to assist in parallel parking (I would imagine), any faster and it disables itself...

EXceptional Woman
03-13-2008, 06:58 PM
We should get another post going about AVM! I'm curious to see if people like it, use it that much etc. I could see where it would be great to have in NYC. If I still lived in the Bronx I would want it, but then again, who knows if it would still be there when I go to leave the next morning. LOL I've had my dumb Honda factory stereo stolen before, so I'm sure they'll be drooling over all these cool gadgets in the EX. Will you be parking on the street?

EXceptional Woman
03-13-2008, 07:37 PM
No problem, he didnt call me back as of yet and I think I need another week or two, but either way I wont mention your name or deal, if anything
I ll just use plan B and bring Glondoor along http://blogs.cars.com/kickingtires/2008/02/super-bowl-ad.html
on a more serious note maybe I should consider a NY dealer due to the AVM issue since it will be a must for me. What exactly is the AVM issue the other states work whenever you want it? and CT in reverse only?
Thanks again for all your help.

That commercial is so funny. I hadn't seen that before. I don't care if you mention me or even that you know I got a deal. Either way, he will benefit too if it all works out for you. I just hope you have a nice experience wherever you go. :)

Refined1
03-13-2008, 09:48 PM
We should get another post going about AVM! I'm curious to see if people like it, use it that much etc. I could see where it would be great to have in NYC. If I still lived in the Bronx I would want it, but then again, who knows if it would still be there when I go to leave the next morning. LOL I've had my dumb Honda factory stereo stolen before, so I'm sure they'll be drooling over all these cool gadgets in the EX. Will you be parking on the street?

I have the rearview monitor on my 06 Murano, and you wouldnt believe
how it comes in handy for around here (Queens)you know those tight spots that you need every inch to park without bumping or being able to see directly behind you especially the lower part if there is a child or pet and the infrared night vision helps alot at night, I usually park in my garage but I have to watch for pedestrians as I pull out and I am couple of feet from the sidewalk before I can see or when I look for parking when I go places around here everything is pretty tight, sometimes I move other peoples car without the rearview and besides thinking that I forgot how to park without it, also feels so yesterday. I can only imagine what AVM must feel like, the thing is if you can only use it in Reverse it wouldnt be handy for front/side distance estimation when you want to go foward, Im pretty sure its a software thing and you can probably intergrate/reflash it so it works in Drive if it others are capable of it, but will find out before I purchase. As far as thieves go there is really no market for these gadgets and no one really knows they are there, and almost impossible to use, for the moment at least. Those portable navis though seem to be the new radio substitute.

EXceptional Woman
03-21-2008, 03:15 PM
Refined- did you end up buying yet?

Refined1
03-22-2008, 12:39 AM

I want to thank you so much for introducing me to Michael Fell of Pepe Infiniti, he is a class act first as a person, secondly as a car sales
professional. I never thought I would receive such excellent service and get such a great deal. Highly recommended for anyone looking for an Infiniti in the NY/Tri state area. Tell him Nick sent you. I did drive the EX but decided it wasnt for me the AVM for me was a let down felt more confusing than practical. So I ended up driving all versions of the G (sedans,coupes,sport packages, etc) I settled on a G35xS Again I thank
you for your help and keep in touch.

Nick

Refined1
03-22-2008, 12:45 AM

I want to thank you so much for introducing me to Michael Fell of Pepe Infiniti, he is a class act first as a person, secondly as a car sales
professional. I never thought I would receive such excellent service and get such a great deal. Highly recommended for anyone looking for an Infiniti in the NY/Tri state area. Tell him Nick sent you. I did drive the EX but decided it wasnt for me the AVM for me was a let down felt more confusing than practical. So I ended up driving all versions of the G (sedans,coupes,sport packages, etc) I settled on a G35xS Again I thank
you for your help and keep in touch.

Nick

EXceptional Woman
03-23-2008, 11:11 PM
CONGRATS! That's great!!! What color did you get?

And just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about the EX?

Refined1
03-24-2008, 10:04 PM
CONGRATS! That's great!!! What color did you get?

And just out of curiosity, what didn't you like about the EX?

Thank You, I got the Platinum Graphite on Graphite, as far as the EX goes it was just a tad too compact, and was disappointed with the AVM (I think rear view is easier to absorb and the most important part), so I just didnt feel it.
Everything else was good though ride,acceleration, ease to drive, I also drove the FX, the size was better but it felt a bit trucky and heavy reminded me of the Toureg I test drove a few years back, the EX is definately more peppy and fun, in the end the G35xS won due to its sportiness, fun to drive factor, styling and awd, the lower price tag just sealed it for me. If I still didnt have my Murano though it might have been a diffrent story as trips to the Home Depot, Airport, and cargo requiring errands would be more difficult. I again thank you for introducing me to Michael Fell of Pepe Infiniti, he and Brian McGowan treated me like a brother and I never thought I would say that about an auto dealership.

Nick

EXceptional Woman
03-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Sounds like you found a winner in your G! I'm happy to hear that everything worked out so great at Pepe, and it won't be a huge trip to get serviced if you decide to stick with them. I was impressed with the size of their dealership and how attentive they are without being overly salesy. And Mike is so aggressive on price! I think his willingness to drop dollars helped my deal in CT.