PDA

View Full Version : Premium upgrade

EXceptional Woman
03-07-2008, 04:25 PM
After enjoying my Pioneer deck with amp and sub for all these years, I was a smidge disappointed with the upgraded stereo on this. I was expecting more because it is Bose, but maybe my expectations were too high considering it is still a factory stereo. I feel like it should be clearer. What does everyone think?

JT4
03-07-2008, 05:29 PM
I have not listened to the EX premium audio system long enought to give a complete opinion except that is ranks just under my 2005 FX35's radio but that is somewhat expected for the smaller car as you can only fit so much into it. In an Infiniti FX forum I wrote the following paragraph with regards to the FX audio:

"Many have trashed the Bose radio. I am in the professional audio business and wanted to add some thoughts. The Bose slogan is something like "Better sound through research". We jokingly say "Better sound through marketing". In all fairness Bose does have a few positives to them in general and have some decent applications. Otherwise for the most part they are not so respected among other audio professionals I deal with. I have no love for Bose so I am biased against them. Notice that they have their own little demonstration areas in the retail stores. That is so you can't compare their speakers side by side with other systems. That said, I think the sound in my 2005 FX 35 is fairly good considering what I have heard in other cars. The sound in the EX35 is also very similar from what I have heard so far. I also test drove an 2007 M35 for a day and I was not happy with the sound in that car. The sound system is important to me and one of the reason that I leased my FX and continue on with an EX. Most of the similar non-Infiniti cars I considered for my next lease had crappy sound in comparison. Perfect it is not but quite good considering the choices. Just my opinion."

So don't go by the Bose name. Well designed and installed aftermarket systems can certainly sound better than many factory installed system. Even so, the factory installed systems have come a long way. I remember back when if you cared anything about the sound you had to install something instead of the factory radio.

dumbluck
03-07-2008, 06:52 PM
Premium package doesn't get you the bigger wheels. Those come with Luxe Style or Luxe Elite.

G2FX2EX
03-07-2008, 07:12 PM
I like the Bose stereo fine. I think it sounds better than the Mark Levinson in my Lexus.

G2FX2EX
03-07-2008, 07:16 PM
Premium package doesn't get you the bigger wheels. Those come with Luxe Style or Luxe Elite.

She's in Canada...it is part of the Premium Package there:

http://www.infiniti.ca/en/configurator/configurator.html?model=E6SG78

dumbluck
03-07-2008, 07:49 PM
Oops. My bad.

EXceptional Woman
03-07-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks for having my back G2, but I can't use Canada as an excuse. I mixed up the packages! DUH.

Cloud9
03-07-2008, 08:44 PM
I got the premium package primarily for the heated seats and power passengers seats...those were a must. Everything else was a bonus. Also, I got the LSP solely for the Xenons...did not really care about the 18' wheels.

The bose sounds good to me though.

G2FX2EX
03-10-2008, 03:13 PM
Thanks for having my back G2, but I can't use Canada as an excuse. I mixed up the packages! DUH.

Oh well...u were right, just in the wrong country. ;)

Lostlad
03-11-2008, 01:41 PM
I have not listened to the EX premium audio system long enought to give a complete opinion except that is ranks just under my 2005 FX35's radio but that is somewhat expected for the smaller car as you can only fit so much into it. In an Infiniti FX forum I wrote the following paragraph with regards to the FX audio:

"Many have trashed the Bose radio. I am in the professional audio business and wanted to add some thoughts. The Bose slogan is something like "Better sound through research". We jokingly say "Better sound through marketing". In all fairness Bose does have a few positives to them in general and have some decent applications. Otherwise for the most part they are not so respected among other audio professionals I deal with. I have no love for Bose so I am biased against them. Notice that they have their own little demonstration areas in the retail stores. That is so you can't compare their speakers side by side with other systems. That said, I think the sound in my 2005 FX 35 is fairly good considering what I have heard in other cars. The sound in the EX35 is also very similar from what I have heard so far. I also test drove an 2007 M35 for a day and I was not happy with the sound in that car. The sound system is important to me and one of the reason that I leased my FX and continue on with an EX. Most of the similar non-Infiniti cars I considered for my next lease had crappy sound in comparison. Perfect it is not but quite good considering the choices. Just my opinion."

So don't go by the Bose name. Well designed and installed aftermarket systems can certainly sound better than many factory installed system. Even so, the factory installed systems have come a long way. I remember back when if you cared anything about the sound you had to install something instead of the factory radio.
I have to agree with you about the Bose sound systems. I had one in an Acura TL that was good but not great, and I traded that car in for my 05 G35 cpe. with prem. pkg. that inc. Bose system. I found this system to be inferior to the Acura one. As I've been told, the head unit is not made by Bose just the speakers. I am considering changing the head unit but do not want to loose the steering wheel controls which I have also been told would happen if I change out the head unit. Don't know what else to do.