PDA

View Full Version : A/V Hack. NAV/Radio/Console Removal ...

wilson
03-12-2008, 03:42 AM
Hello all,

I have just got myself an EX, and am ready to take it apart! :D
I am looking to hack the Aux A/V so that I can watch video while the car is in motion. The car is not equipped with a NAV system, however it does have the same 7 display and Aux A/V input.
I have found the info necessary for the hack: http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=129278 (http://forums2.freshalloy.com/showthread.php?t=129278), but am wondering if there is an easy way to remove the NAV/display unit without taking whole car apart (console, side panels, glove compartment, etc.)
Any information or better yet, photos would be greatly appreciated .:bowdown:
-W-

G2FX2EX
03-12-2008, 01:51 PM
Do you think watching video is a good idea while the car is in motion? Why not just read a book?

kotoma
03-12-2008, 03:17 PM
Reading a book is boring. Do you want to go back to the 70s?
I think it's a great mod. Unfortunately, the car is too new so you probably the first one to try.
Done it with my 07 G35 before and it's cool. It's the best way to entertain your passengers.

EXceptional Woman
03-13-2008, 10:29 AM
G2, you are so funny. I personally like to do my makeup, read the paper and eat breakfast on the way to work. I'm the ultimate multi-tasker! (really just kidding!)

G2FX2EX
03-13-2008, 08:02 PM
G2, you are so funny. I personally like to do my makeup, read the paper and eat breakfast on the way to work. I'm the ultimate multi-tasker! (really just kidding!)

There are too many people who actually do that, sadly. I just really have a pet peeve with people not giving their undivided attention to driving. It's fine if they don't give a crap about their own lives, but they share the road with parents, children, grandparents, etc. If u have ever been in an accident or lost someone you love in an accident you know what I am talking about. There is nothing 'cool' about that.

Someone who causes an accident because of doing 'other things' while driving should be procsecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

EXceptional Woman
03-13-2008, 08:11 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I think I may have taken your message lightly. I hope I didn't offend you in any way. You are right, not something to joke around about!

G2FX2EX
03-13-2008, 08:24 PM
Oh, I'm sorry, I think I may have taken your message lightly. I hope I didn't offend you in any way. You are right, not something to joke around about!

Oh...not a problem. I was being sarcastic at the beginning of this thread, but reading the other comments from the poster who says that this mod is 'cool' was too much. One night this idiot passed me in full out 12 lanes of rush hour traffic, speeding, swithcing lanes and had a DVD screen on his dash with a video playing. He couldn't possibly be watching it...and I didn't think it was cool at all.

imported_Jon_
03-23-2008, 11:55 PM
Please let us know if you do this. I'd consider getting it done as a "last resort" to keep my kids in the backseat in line, once the thrill of just riding in what they call the "purplecar" wears off..... On a simpler note, I'd love to find a hack to change the bootup screen from that infiniti logo to something more pleasant....