PDA

View Full Version : EXellent dealer service!

Cloud9
03-13-2008, 09:22 AM
This past Monday I got a call from a customer service rep who works at the dealership where I bought my car asking if I had any questions about my car. She offered to come out to my home or work and show me how to use the gadgets. I'm not sure if this service is offered at all dealers but it was worth while as there are so many features and technology behind this car. I took her up on the offer!!

She came to my home and spent about 40 minutes going over questions I had about Nav, Voice Command, etc. She programmed my garage door opener! Now I hope I can just remember it all.

Ricofx45
03-14-2008, 04:49 PM
Plain and simple, No, they don't all do that. Not saying that there aren't alot of good dealerships out there, but that's really good service.

4U4ME
03-15-2008, 09:59 AM
This past Monday I got a call from a customer service rep who works at the dealership where I bought my car asking if I had any questions about my car. She offered to come out to my home or work and show me how to use the gadgets. I'm not sure if this service is offered at all dealers but it was worth while as there are so many features and technology behind this car. I took her up on the offer!!

She came to my home and spent about 40 minutes going over questions I had about Nav, Voice Command, etc. She programmed my garage door opener! Now I hope I can just remember it all.
many dealers don't even car about it anymore, they only care about selling their cars. Once they sold it they ignore it. I after i bought my Infiniti, i wanted them show something on my Nav, there was no one help me. But i came home and went through the book and find it...
but good to hear that there is still some good dealers

G2FX2EX
03-17-2008, 10:17 AM
I just want my dealer to treat me like my Lexus dealer does. This is my 3rd Infiniti, from a 3rd Infiniti dealership. While Infiniti wants to play in the same league as Lexus, they have a long way to go...at least from my own personal experience.

Cloud9
03-19-2008, 10:19 AM
I just want my dealer to treat me like my Lexus dealer does. This is my 3rd Infiniti, from a 3rd Infiniti dealership. While Infiniti wants to play in the same league as Lexus, they have a long way to go...at least from my own personal experience.

I keep hearing about the Lexus legendary service. I've had BMWs and luckily the dealer I go to is fantastic. They always treat me right and take great care of me and my car. I just hope the same for my Infiniti.

Comdet
03-19-2008, 02:14 PM
So far Iím pleased to report that my Infiniti dealer is as good, if not better, than my former Lexus dealership. In fact, they impressed me so much during my EX purchase last month, that I went back to them last week with my partner, and she bought a GX 35x. Both purchases went smooth as could be Ė good price, no pressure, no "tell you one thing but do another" BS that you sometimes (or usually) get when purchasing a car. Both times the car was prepped perfectly, and the sales rep spent a good 90 minutes going through all the features to make sure everything was understood before we drove off.

Havenít had the opportunity to use their service department yet (and hopefully, other than oil changes and routine maintenance, I wonít have to!) but I took a moment to talk with some other customers who were in the waiting area, and everyone had good things to say about the service department.

Donít know if itís proper to mention the dealer name (if not, someone please tell me). If youíre in the DC area, I can heartily recommend Infiniti of Chantilly.

Plus, the best part is that thereís now a GX keeping my EX company in the garage!

Ricofx45
03-19-2008, 03:37 PM
G2, It was funny seeing you say that about Lexus, because I was going to say that, but thought people might get mad and say that their dealer is as good as Lexus or better. The dealer I bought from was not as good as my previous Lex dealers, but the dealership that i go to for service is close to Lexus service and I would've bought from them if I didn't get the other deal done so fast.

G2FX2EX
03-19-2008, 08:49 PM
G2, It was funny seeing you say that about Lexus, because I was going to say that, but thought people might get mad and say that their dealer is as good as Lexus or better. The dealer I bought from was not as good as my previous Lex dealers, but the dealership that i go to for service is close to Lexus service and I would've bought from them if I didn't get the other deal done so fast.

Two Infiniti dealers I used to deal with when I had my G and FX did the following: Scratched my car badly enough to have to repaint part of a fender and told me after the fact, charged me for rotating and balancing tires when it was not done, and then when asked, lied and said they did it (brake dust was still on the same front 2 tires), put a quarter size dent in my door that had to be repaired and repainted, got grease of some sort on wheat leather seat...that's all I can remember for now. Oh, and the Service Dept head at one dealership had a smart mouth and used it frequently on customers. I witnessed it and complained to the owner of the sealership and never went back.

So far, my new dealership has not impressed me at all. They have called me at home to see if I need anything. Believe me,they would know if I did. I'd prefer they leave me alone.

kgoetz97
03-19-2008, 09:27 PM
We just got a basket of designer cookies from our dealer....I'd much prefer some free winter mats!

imported_Jon_
03-19-2008, 10:24 PM
Quick plug for Infiniti of the Peninsula IN Redwood City, CA. Purchase experience nothing exceptional. Nothing wrong but nothing exceptional.

However, someone bopped my front fender in a parking lot (I'm not entirely denying the 'someone' was me). Brought it to the dealer immediately simply saying fix this before my wife finds out and teases me about it with all those gizmos in the car. They not only popped the fender out and fixed the distance sensor in it while I hung around, but washed the car and comped me for the whole thing. I'm not expecting this every time, but it was a nice thing they didn't have to do.