PDA

View Full Version : EX35 online inventory levels

espressomac
03-15-2008, 07:42 PM
I was getting a feeling at some point that EX35's weren't being sold in droves here in Florida. I figured one way to get an indicator of sales activity would be to track the inventory levels of EX35's at Infiniti dealers. So I may have gone a bit overboard and I set up an online spreadsheet that has tracked the online inventory for a bunch of dealers. The cool result is that if you're planning on buying one, and the dealer you're interested in does not seem to have a huge rotation of vehicles over time, you may be in a better bargaining position as they may be getting antsy to sell you an EX35 that has been sitting on their lot for a while.

In general, it seems that Florida dealers have a much lower rotation rate than other dealers. Of course, the numbers don't mean all that much if by coincidence dealers sell the same number of cars every day as the number that they add to their inventory. The net change would appear to be zero even though they really are rotating vehicles.

Anyway, thought I'd share the information.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=psBVj5eC1U64BPAEf0_5HYQ

JT4
03-15-2008, 08:24 PM
Interesting. It seems odd that Coconut Creek Infiniti has kept a constant inventory count of 59. I am getting my EX35 from there in a few days as my particular car is incoming.

espressomac
03-15-2008, 08:38 PM
Yep, it was odd to me too. Invariably even others that didn't seem to have much rotation eventually did exhibit changes, but not Coconut Creek. Obviously the information is only as good as their commitment to maintaining their online inventory up to date. The sort of consistency I see is that the changes in the other large dealers in Florida is really not that much either.

Coconut Creek is a dealer I've visited and have only great things to say about them. But they tell me they don't have a single car with Tech Package in their whole lot, which supposedly includes 59 EX35's as of today. Maybe Floridians really want the Tech Package?

JT4
03-15-2008, 08:56 PM
I have visited Coconut Creek about 3 or 4 times already and don't recall seeing an EX35 with Tech. I did see one loaded complete with tech when they were first released back in December but this one was at Warren Henry Infiniti in Dade County. That is where I got my current FX35. I did not necessaily want the Tech package but it is included with the particular package I requested. I want a Dark Currant/Chestnut with Premium/Nav/Luxe. There searched around and the only one they could come up with was an incoming unit. Originally my deal was made on a supposed dealer trade for the exact same car but I was later told the other dealer had sold it. I am not sure I buy that story as they conveniently had one coming about 12 days later.

NSE70
03-15-2008, 09:13 PM
Did you notice the VIN's, when you made the chart, to see if Infiniti uses a virtual vehicle pool like many other brands?
The same vehicle could possible be displayed on the list of multiple dealers.

espressomac
03-15-2008, 10:36 PM
Did you notice the VIN's, when you made the chart, to see if Infiniti uses a virtual vehicle pool like many other brands?
The same vehicle could possible be displayed on the list of multiple dealers.

No, I did not note the VIN's, although that is certainly the way to find out a lot more about the inventory rotation or if they share inventories. I'm surprised auto sites like edmunds.com don't do stuff like that with some kind of automated system.

In terms of listed options (and not all sites give details) I've also noted that in those few instances where an EX35 does have the Tech Package, it also comes with the Luxe and most likely the Wood Trim. It's unfortunate because I don't want either of those two.

espressomac
03-16-2008, 06:21 PM
I have visited Coconut Creek about 3 or 4 times already and don't recall seeing an EX35 with Tech. ...... I am not sure I buy that story as they conveniently had one coming about 12 days later.

Their inventory level finally changed. Went from 59 to 56.

dumbluck
03-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Their inventory level finally changed. Went from 59 to 56.

They saw this thread!

Cloud9
03-19-2008, 10:23 AM
I was getting a feeling at some point that EX35's weren't being sold in droves here in Florida. I figured one way to get an indicator of sales activity would be to track the inventory levels of EX35's at Infiniti dealers. So I may have gone a bit overboard and I set up an online spreadsheet that has tracked the online inventory for a bunch of dealers. The cool result is that if you're planning on buying one, and the dealer you're interested in does not seem to have a huge rotation of vehicles over time, you may be in a better bargaining position as they may be getting antsy to sell you an EX35 that has been sitting on their lot for a while.

In general, it seems that Florida dealers have a much lower rotation rate than other dealers. Of course, the numbers don't mean all that much if by coincidence dealers sell the same number of cars every day as the number that they add to their inventory. The net change would appear to be zero even though they really are rotating vehicles.

Anyway, thought I'd share the information.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?key=psBVj5eC1U64BPAEf0_5HYQ

Woww..great spreadsheet!! How the heck did you get all the info???

espressomac
03-19-2008, 12:58 PM
Woww..great spreadsheet!! How the heck did you get all the info???

Thanks. Actually, if you click on the dealer names, it links you to their online inventory page. There you can see how many EX35's they have in stock.

As of today and until next Monday I'm going to be travelling in Guatemala so the updates will be sporadic at best. Certainly not daily.