PDA

View Full Version : Envious FX owner

EXceptional Woman
03-20-2008, 10:09 AM
What a great morning I had. Driving in to work today I got hunted down at the light by a nice guy in an FX. He loved my EX and asked how I like it. Of course I told him I'm infatuated with it. He said he has been thinking of getting one too and what else would I say but, Go For It!

:auto:

JT4
03-20-2008, 01:54 PM
I have an FX35 now but going to end my lease a month early as I am over my miles anyway. Honestly I would prefer the newly redesigned 2009 FX but I don't expect to see any out until July or so. It has all of the technology of the EX. The dash looks very similar as well. The 2008 FX is too much like my current FX and the technology is outdated. The FX is a great car but it is just time for something different. That is one of the reasons I lease.

EXceptional Woman
03-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Hey JT! When are you getting your EX?

I have always wanted an FX because it is just a hot looking vehicle! But I didn't want to spend in the high 40s for all the options I wanted. I also have always driven a coupe and thought I would be overwhelmed by an SUV on all the narrow curvy backroads of CT. Naturally, the EX worked out perfectly for me! To be honest, I wouldn't mind having both. Maybe one day when I hit the lotto.

I also have always loved the Lexus GS. I guess I have a thing for big wheels and curves!

JT4
03-20-2008, 05:18 PM
My FX is great. Before that I had a BMW X5. I thought the X5 had little cargo space and when I went to the FX it was even smaller and that had me worried. Turns out the FX is probably the best balance between a smaller vehicle and cargo space for me. Now I am going into the EX really worried about the cargo space but I am sure I will adapt. Sounds like the EX is a good car for you. I considered getting another FX. I like the looks and size of the FX better but the design and technology is so far behind. If the 2009 FX's were available it would be that. My fully loaded 2005 FX had an MSRP of $47K. My fully loaded EX has an MSRP of just over $44K. Not a huge difference. I think the 2009 FX

The dealer said my EX was scheduled to arrive today but I have yet to hear from the dealer and my salesman said he would be on top of it. I had previously spoken to another South Florida dealer and when they called back to follow up I told them I had a pending deal. They want to steal that business (I only put down a deposit) so they found the same car from another dealer and had it brought in. Now they are after me. If the first dealer can't produce the car by tomorrow I may go that route. Can you believe two fully loaded DC/CN EX's in the same region? Maybe they are starting to ship more that way or perhaps the second dealer snatched my car from the other. I will know soon enough.

EXceptional Woman
03-20-2008, 06:23 PM
My fully loaded 2005 FX had an MSRP of $47K. My fully loaded EX has an MSRP of just over $44K. Not a huge difference.
Hey- good luck with everything! Just a quick tip to see if I can help you out. Up here I got $3,500 off MSRP for almost fully loaded 2 weeks ago. I skipped the AVM. You should push for that deal, especially since you have two dealers wooing you. For me, the extra $6K between EX and FX was enough since my last car was only $27K :).

JT4
03-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the info. Don't worry though, I beat these guys up fairly good. I am only getting the Tech package because they don't have the same color car without it and the deal seems good with it. Otherwise premium, nav and luxe would have been just fine. I am gonna try to re-negotiate to 24 months so I can get the new FX next.

EXceptional Woman
03-20-2008, 06:41 PM
Hey- good luck with everything! Just a quick tip to see if I can help you out. Up here I got $3,500 off MSRP for almost fully loaded 2 weeks ago. I skipped the AVM. You should push for that deal, especially since you have two dealers wooing you. For me, the extra $6K between EX and FX was enough since my last car was only $27K :).

Oops, I guess you said you will lease anyway.

JT4
03-20-2008, 06:52 PM
Oops, I guess you said you will lease anyway.

Yes, there is still a purchase price the lease is calculated from so getting that "purchase" number as low as possible along with the money factor and residual is still key. Right now Infiniti is giving $2,000 right from the start to dealers on outright sales not leases.

waltaz
03-20-2008, 08:11 PM
Yes, there is still a purchase price the lease is calculated from so getting that "purchase" number as low as possible along with the money factor and residual is still key. Right now Infiniti is giving $2,000 right from the start to dealers on outright sales not leases.
But the money factor on a 24-month lease is .00025, which equals about .6%, along with a 63% residual. That deal rocks.

JT4
03-20-2008, 08:14 PM
But the money factor on a 24-month lease is .00025, which equals about .6%, along with a 63% residual. That deal rocks.

Yes, I know, I have seen your posts. Where did you get your info?

A&M Gecko
03-20-2008, 08:59 PM
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg218/cadolini/IMG_0665.jpgHaving had the pleasure of both these beauties I can honestly say I like the roominess, comfort,styling of FX. I like the features on the EX, all view camera's, bluetooth, XM radio, touch Nav, still discovering, heard about the welcome lights when you approach the car but I tryed to program it, didn't work, I also must deactivate the LDW(lane depart warn) it's truly annoying unless I guess your driving down to Fla on an all nighter and want to b warned of swerving(sp) But I must say to get the EX I traded in my G35 coupe and I really miss that car!!! So much power & style, if only they made it w/ AWD & All round camera's, oh well, I'm sure I'll get another sports car someday.

JT4
03-20-2008, 09:22 PM
heard about the welcome lights when you approach the car but I tryed to program it, didn't work, I also must deactivate the LDW(lane depart warn) it's truly annoying unless I guess your driving down to Fla on an all nighter and want to b warned of swerving(sp)

The EX I took for an overnight test drive had the welcome lighting active without any intervention on my part. I believe that is that
is on by default. I have the first generation LDW on my FX and it has help me on a few occasions but otherwise I agree it can be annoying.

Your thoughts regarding the FX and the EX is exactly why I really want an 2009 FX as it has all the technology of the EX.

waltaz
03-20-2008, 11:10 PM
Your thoughts regarding the FX and the EX is exactly why I really want an 2009 FX as it has all the technology of the EX.
Yeah, I was going to go in that direction, but don't want to wait a year before the FX is incented to my satisfaction. The EX is a smaller FX, with the same tech that the FX will now have.

waltaz
03-20-2008, 11:12 PM
Yes, I know, I have seen your posts. Where did you get your info?
The guy from LeaseCompare who posts on G35 Driver, and who's data is from Infiniti Financial Services, and is used by people all over various message boards. Plus, one of the dealers I'm dealing with validated it.

JT4
03-20-2008, 11:13 PM
Yeah, I was going to go in that direction, but don't want to wait a year before the FX is incented to my satisfaction. The EX is a smaller FX, with the same tech that the FX will now have.

Agreed and that I why the EX is also what I am getting now. Hopefully on a 24 month lease.

waltaz
03-21-2008, 12:20 AM
Agreed and that I why the EX is also what I am getting now. Hopefully on a 24 month lease.
ditto, bro...what color? I'm a bit stuck...Scarlet Silver/Wheat or Liquid Platinum/Graphite?

Not that I'm insecure, but c'mon, guys and their cars...I don't want to be stylin' to the trailhead with my mountain bike racked up top in a..."soccer mom color" car...

I did think Scarlet Silver looks good...:caged: