PDA

View Full Version : Finally saw another EX on the road!

EXceptional Woman
03-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Go figure...in Easter weekend traffic on the Long Island Expressway! I was so excited, I tried to get over a lane to talk but it was madness. Just when I thought I had a unique color, that's exactly what I saw.

:ubb_shocked:

Oh well it was fun to admire it on the road.

imported_Jon_
03-23-2008, 11:50 PM
Well, I either saw you or the other one from my taxi on the LIE..... Funny since mine is also purple/chestnut.

dumbluck
03-24-2008, 12:07 AM
Funny, even though I'm not an owner (yet!), I was just coming on to say I saw a white EX on a gorgeous stretch of the Sea to Sky Highway here in beautiful British Columbia. I'm on vacation and heading up to ski at Whistler and the EX rounded a corner heading in the opposite direction.

Need.

EXceptional Woman
03-24-2008, 11:11 AM
Well, I either saw you or the other one from my taxi on the LIE..... Funny since mine is also purple/chestnut.

REALLY??? Were you in NY last night! That would be way too crazy of a coincidence. Mine had tinted windows, while the other did not. We were stuck on the LIE from about 7:45 until 9. It was horrible! But seeing the other EX made it a little more bearable :D.

briguynyc
03-24-2008, 01:01 PM
We were on the LIE in our black / black EX last night too. Didn't see you though. I think we just beat the traffic you hit. We were back in the city by 8PM.

Refined1
03-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Seems like you EX owners have a bond with each other, maybe you guys should consider have EX meets and drives once in a while. Would look cool seing a bunch of EX's driving down the highway together.

Nick

EX4ME
03-29-2008, 10:26 PM
I have been actively looking for an EX on the road since they came out in December and still have not seen one in the South. I really don't want to see one either. One of the reasons I bought the EX was because it was unique and different than anything else on the road. Same reason I love the FX, unique, unusual. I wanted something that you didn't see all the time, like that Jag or Porsche, it makes you turn your head to look at it. So the fact that they aren't selling hot off the lot, makes me even happier with mine.

waltaz
03-30-2008, 11:05 AM
Finally saw another EX a few days ago...and I realized it was a test drive from the dealer I purchased mine at. I wanted to open the window and say, "Yes, buy it!"...

espressomac
04-09-2008, 11:10 PM
Just got back from having dinner here in Coral Gables and I saw my first EX35! It still had its temporary plates and was parked in front of Flemings. White with graphite interior (yes, I looked) and roof rails. When I first saw it I think my head just thought "oh, another FX35" but then my wife pointed out, "Hey, isn't that like ours?" The rear mini opera windows were the dead giveaway. Had to cross the street to take a closer look. Took some pics with my cell phone but it's night time so probably not worth posting.

Anyway, as is natural I was wondering if the owner is on the forum...

EXceptional Woman
04-10-2008, 06:32 AM
Just got back from having dinner here in Coral Gables and I saw my first EX35! When I first saw it I think my head just thought "oh, another FX35" but then my wife pointed out, "Hey, isn't that like ours?" The rear mini opera windows were the dead giveaway. Had to cross the street to take a closer look.

Funny because yesterday I would have sworn up and down I saw the EX on the highway. It looked identical from the back and the side. It wasn't until I got behind it, close enough to see FX35 that I realized I was wrong. To be honest, I think I see the FX45 around here a lot more than the 35 because that was the first time since I knew about the EX for several months that I confused them! Is the 35 also a tiny bit smaller than the 45? I thought the main differences were in the engine.

espressomac
04-10-2008, 08:29 AM
... Is the 35 also a tiny bit smaller than the 45? I thought the main differences were in the engine.

You're right, the FX35 and the FX45 are the same car on the outside. The big difference is the engine. The FX35 has a 3.5 liter V6 and the FX45 has a 4.5 liter V8. The EX and FX are certainly easy to confuse. For me, from a side view the identifying difference is that the FX's windows taper off at the very rear to a sharp angle
http://www.infiniti.com/img/fx/photos/exterior_photos/fx_wallpaper_ext_06.jpg
while the EX windows end in a more blunted pattern.
http://www.infiniti.com/img/ex/photos/exterior_photos/ex_wallpaper_ext_02.jpg

JT4
04-10-2008, 11:15 AM
Expressomac,

I live just outside Coral Gables. If you see a DC/CN EX around that may be mine. I am in the Hollywood area often as well. A friend says she has seen one in the Brickell area. I have not seen one on the road personally yet. BTW I enjoyed my dinner at Flemings. Nice place. Just been once.

espressomac
04-10-2008, 12:28 PM
I live just outside Coral Gables. If you see a DC/CN EX around that may be mine. I am in the Hollywood area often as well. A friend says she has seen one in the Brickell area. I have not seen one on the road personally yet. BTW I enjoyed my dinner at Flemings. Nice place. Just been once.

I'll be on the lookout for your DC. Hard to miss. Yeah, Flemings is good. BTW, they are about to open a Morton's just two blocks up on Ponce from Flemings. Last night we had dinner at Les Halles (http://www.leshalles.net/miami.php), one of our favorites, half a block from Flemings.

EX4ME
04-13-2008, 06:03 PM
We just took a five day trip through four states in the SE, about 600 miles to and from and we did not see another EX35 on the road. This is totally unbelieveable. I thought we would at least see a few, but not one. I have mine one month now and can't find anything wrong with it or any regrets on bringing one home. In fact the more I drive it, the more I love it. It is awesome. Folks in the back see are just fine, no complaints. They love the ride and aren't back there that long.

waltaz
04-13-2008, 07:41 PM
Other than the one I saw on a test drive a couple weeks ago, I have not seen one other EX35 around Scottsdale/Phoenix.

f1dna
04-14-2008, 03:20 PM
I saw a Dark Currant one in New Orleans Saturday;)

da99
04-14-2008, 05:49 PM
Funny that I come across this thread... I had been saying to myself that it was rather odd I haven't seen an EX on the road yet. In my area of long island NY, new cars are on the road very quickly. I saw the Rogue within weeks of it's on sale date and the new Murano within days, so not having seen an EX in 3 months was unusual. Sure enough within the last week or so I've seen at least a dozen of them in various colors. The resemblance to the FX is striking, at first glance I thought the first EX I saw was an FX.

Cloud9
04-15-2008, 08:04 AM
I'm on the road alot through MA & NH and I have yet to see another EX!! I love that exclusiveness of owning my car.