PDA

View Full Version : Headgasket Question

wangan_cruiser
03-25-2008, 12:21 PM
ok as the title says, as im checking the motor redtop sr and found some wear on it that led me towards replacing most of everything. thinking i want to do it the right way that will save me the headache for later. i want to replace my headgasket and my 1st and 2nd choice would be apexi and greddy. but since im on a tight budget plus wanted to get it done the right way that pulls me to GREDDY. then sending the head to get deck but i have no clue how much mm to get the head milled or the shop will decide to match the headgasket what im about to use. im aiming to get 250 whp on the low and 300whp high, later around 12-18 lbs of boost if i decided to upgragde later thats why i want to change my headgasket and drive it on the safe side.

janders211
03-25-2008, 04:28 PM
At those power levels why not use the stock HG?

Search here and you'll find a lot of threads about HG choice

wangan_cruiser
03-25-2008, 04:40 PM
ive been reading threads after i posted this thing up. =)

veilside180sx
03-25-2008, 05:15 PM
Greddy is garbage.

Cosworth, Apexi, Tomei, or PE.

TheWolf
03-25-2008, 06:13 PM
cosworth gaskets has nothing to do with cosworth the long standing british racing company. They just bought the name for marketing.

6secondS15
03-25-2008, 08:04 PM
as much as i want to sell you one of our 90mm gaskets, APEX'i or Power Enterprise is the only choice you should be making. Apexi's are roughly the same price as the Greddy's, so i don't know why you said about being on a tight budget so you should go with a greddy. we have some Apexi's in stock if you need one in a hurry.