PDA

View Full Version : Mulch Madness

Comdet
03-30-2008, 01:38 PM
In a quest to make sure the Internet has its daily fill of useless information, hereís the answer to that burning question: how many bags of mulch can fit into an EX with the back seats down? The answer is:

11 two cubic foot bags if you wish to retain the ability to see through the rear window;

13 if you donít care about seeing through the rear window, but donít want to scuff the head liner;

14 with a scuff mark on the head liner (good news is that its very easy to clean);

17 if you use the front passenger seat (this one is an estimate since I only had one tarp and there was no way I was putting a bag of mulch on that leather without covering it up first)

In comparison, my Forester would max out at about 23 (without using the front seat). So, while smaller, the EX cargo capacity is more than adequate for the routine Costco/Home Depot/big box store runs.

slambo
03-30-2008, 06:47 PM
LOL, my EX not gonna see any mulch or stuff like that cause we kept our minivan for that and the labs.

G2FX2EX
03-30-2008, 08:50 PM
In a quest to make sure the Internet has its daily fill of useless information, hereís the answer to that burning question: how many bags of mulch can fit into an EX with the back seats down? The answer is:

11 two cubic foot bags if you wish to retain the ability to see through the rear window;

13 if you donít care about seeing through the rear window, but donít want to scuff the head liner;

14 with a scuff mark on the head liner (good news is that its very easy to clean);

17 if you use the front passenger seat (this one is an estimate since I only had one tarp and there was no way I was putting a bag of mulch on that leather without covering it up first)

In comparison, my Forester would max out at about 23 (without using the front seat). So, while smaller, the EX cargo capacity is more than adequate for the routine Costco/Home Depot/big box store runs.

Actually,this is good info...I have my tarp all ready! :D

LEXA
04-04-2008, 10:47 PM
Comdet, thanks, this is very handy to know being as it's mulch season again already.:eek:

What did you use to clean the head liner, btw?

Comdet
04-06-2008, 02:25 PM
I used a product called Interior Cleaner from Griots Garage. I've used several of their products over the years and have always been pleased with the performance/quality. Not cheap, but their stuff always seems to work very well.

Also helps a lot to use a microfiber rag/towel, especially on the head liner. In fact, light scuffs clean up with just the microfiber cloth. Those I get in bulk from Sam's Club. They are not the best in terms of quality, but for $9 for a sack of 20 (or is it 25? 30? Can't remember) you get your money's worth.

LEXA
04-06-2008, 07:11 PM
LOL, Comdet. I've got a load of those microfiber towels from Sam's in the dryer as I write this! (I just checked the bag, btw, & mine was a 25-pack).

I can't believe how useful those things have been - I use 'em for everything all over the house, though the ones I have are a bit scratchy & I don't think they'd be safe to use on the exterior of the car. As you said, I sure have gotten my money's worth with them. Seems like I hardly ever have to buy paper towels anymore.

Thanks for the tip about Giots Interior Cleaner, I'll be sure to track some down.:)