PDA

View Full Version : S14 with Tokico Blues and Eibach Pro-Kit

**DONOTDELETE**
04-09-2002, 04:46 AM
I need some opinions on the Tokico blues from S14 drivers, any info would be appreciated!

Thanks,

Kevin

**DONOTDELETE**
04-09-2002, 04:59 AM
HELP

Are there any other manufacturers of good shocks that stand up to the abuse of autocross and aggressive driving for a 97 s14 lowered with Pro-Kit. So far it's GR-2s or Tociko blue's or Koni's or GABs, and I don't know if I can get the GABs even if I could afford them, because apparently noone is importing them right now?

Thanks

doggunracing
04-09-2002, 05:32 AM
Well, if you're looking at GAB and Koni w/ Eibachs, you're in the price range of low-range coilovers like Apexi WS ($905) and Tein HA's ($995).

**DONOTDELETE**
04-09-2002, 05:43 AM
I already bought the eibachs and have them in my basement I got them for $167.50 including shipping from ebay.

The GAB idea is mostly a pipe dream, but I am hooked on AutoXing, so I might just max the credit card and go on the 10 a month for life plan....F*&K it, right it's the American way!

But Seriously I already have the springs so i need some suggestions on a non coil over shock/ strut. From what research I've done it seems like I should either go with the GR-2 or KOni (major pain in the ars instal)

Do you guys really think that the pro-kit will blow up the GR-2s...Eibach says to cut 25 millimeters off the buttom of the front bump stop, maybe that will be enough to stop them from blowing up...I know that a shortened case strut/shock would be ideal, but I don't think you can even buy that in the United States.

Anyone know anything about what this one guy said....

"You know I've here that you could customize the KYB AGX's by simply drilling out the mounting holes from 12mm to 14mm? For the S14's? you could look into that too."

I wanna do that, but it sounds too good to be true, if it was so easy then KYB would have done it, NO?

Thanks

Shea

StealthmodeS14
04-09-2002, 08:00 AM
Is it me or does it seem like you have asked this same question in numerous other posts?????

.....anyways, for daily driving I'd say the Blues and the Pro-kits are an excellent combo..been running both for close to eight months now with no complaints. Auto-crossing on the other hand might not be the wisest choice when deciding to run the Tokikos. Although I know of a few members who have run the Blues when auto-xing and they've held up, I have also heard others say that they'll blow out quickly.....it's a toss-up really.

This information doesn't come from personal experience so take it what it's worth.....I've never auto-crossed yet......

Shinsengumi_Okita
04-09-2002, 08:51 AM
You might want to wait till the AGX becomes available for the S14. I heard it might come out this summer.