PDA

View Full Version : Another proud owner

espressomac
03-31-2008, 12:04 PM
Boy, it was a long, long journey (no pun intended) -- http://web.mac.com/etorres/New_Voiture/ -- but we finally got an EX35! Vital stats:

Platinum Graphite/Stone
RWD, Prem, Nav, Tech, Luxe, Wood Trim
Roofrails, Crossbars
Splash guards, Cargo protector, Cargo organizer
MSRP: $44,435
Lease: $549/month, 39 months, 17K (yes, seventeen thousand) miles
At signing: $1,251 plus first month

They did give us other options:

B:
Dark Currant/Chestnut
RWD, Prem, Nav, Tech, Luxe
Roofrails
MSRP: $43,735
Lease: $529/month, 39 months, 15K miles
At signing: $1,171 plus first month

C:
Liquid Platinum/Stone
RWD, Prem, Nav, Tech
MSRP: $42,285
Lease: $521/month, 39 months, 15K miles
At signing: $1,179 plus first month

After a lot of back and forth, we went with the Platinum Graphite. The process took forever, 8 and a half hours actually, but by the time we drove away in our new EX35, I think everybody was happy, especially my wife.

My wife is a photographer -- http://www.igophotograph.com/ -- so I'm sure I'll have some photos to post.

EXceptional Woman
03-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Congrats! I can't wait to see pics with the eye of a pro photographer!!!

JT4
03-31-2008, 03:55 PM
Congratulations! Nice website too. It was fun. I am going to go back and enjoy it further soon as it had some interesting info. You certainly did lots of research. So which dealer did you finally buy at? Looks like it may have been Coconut Creek.

espressomac
03-31-2008, 06:21 PM
Thanks. Yeah, I got it at Coconut Creek.

Visited a total of three Infiniti dealers in the Dade/Broward area. Warren Henry Infiniti was absolutely horrible. Don't get me started, I just get mad all over again. South Infiniti was very nice, but I felt the guys at Coconut Creek just knew their stuff inside and out.

Can only say good things about Coconut Creek -- other than The Dance of talking to the sales guy, the sales manager, and eventually the store manager. However, I do admit that our process had some glitches that were a bit beyond their control. They do have an amazing number Infiniti cars on their lot.

During the course of the proceedings on Sunday, I also did get another quote from another dealer:

Tidewater/Stone
RWD, Prem, Nav, Tech
Roof rails, Splash guard, Cargo protector, cargo organizer
MSRP: $42,485
Lease: $542/month, 39 months, 15K

However, the car being quoted had about 1,000 miles on it because it had been on 'loan' to the dealer's owner's wife. The sales manager said the best price he could give me was $39,000 after his initial offer of $39,483. In the end, we decided we didn't want a car with 1,000 miles on it, even if it was a color we preferred, especially if it was more expensive than the other offers we were looking at. He should have come down more on the price, methinks.

Anyway, my wife just called me for the first time using the bluetooth handsfree in the car and she said, "This is the best purchase we've ever made!"

JT4
03-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Coconut Creek is where mine came from as well. They are overflowing with cars. They are parking them any place they can including grass areas. The salesman joked that soon they will be making them take some home to store them. The process was not the greatest as I reported in another thread but ok in the end.

I have leased two Infiniti's from Warren Henry. First a QX4 and my last car an FX35. I went back there to attempt to lease an EX. They are the most conveniently located to me and I thought that being a repeat customer I would get just a little better treatment. My wife's car came from Warren Henry Volvo next door. I too was disappointed with how I was treated. They are the only dealer I visited that never called to follow up with me. It seemed like they did not want my business. I went there three times and all were poor experiences. I did one final call to speak with a different salesguy and spoke with the internet sales manager who seemed okay but ultimately Coconut Creek made it happen. I too am disappointed with Warren Henry but it seems you issues may have been deeper.

My car is like your but without the cargo organizer and crossbars. Do you think the cargo organizer is useful?

55,000 mile M
03-31-2008, 07:45 PM
congrats on your new car!!! so what other vehicle did you have before the ex?

espressomac
03-31-2008, 10:00 PM
To answer both questions::

The organizer is probably not something really useful. In it's open position it does take up a lot of the cargo area -- my wife has already filled it up with stuff from her old car and now there is not that much space left over. With the organizer closed, it kind of leaves an odd 'topography' in the cargo area. if you don't use your trunk to store stuff and you don't want your grocery bags rolling all over the place, then the organizer is useful. Otherwise, probably not a big loss if you don't have it.

The car we're getting rid of is a Toyota Corolla, the car my wife was driving. Technically it's a company car but it's going to get sold and the company is going to pay the equivalent amounts in maintenance and gas. We were driving all over the place just to enjoy the car. She LOVES the Around View Monitor! My car is an Audi Cabriolet and I'm really happy with it. That one isn't going anywhere for now.

We actually went driving to scope out photography locales.

G2FX2EX
04-01-2008, 02:35 PM
I have a great after-market organizer that has 3 compartments. It is made of a composite nylon material and when collapsed, it does not impact the 'topography' of the space too much. Since I keep my rear seats down, I keep the organizer opened. It is rectangular, so it can be turned on its long or short side, depending on my needs for loading other materials.

JT4
04-01-2008, 03:16 PM
Expressomac, thanks for your opinion on the cargo organizer. It confirms what I had been thinking. I very briefly looked at one and it seemed to do more damage to your capacity than good. Like you said if you don't carry much and want to keep a few groceries from spilling it seems it would be ok.

G2FX2EX, even though I am not likely to get an organizer I am still curious about the one you made reference to. Do you have a web link where I can see what you are talking about?

waltaz
04-01-2008, 07:17 PM
I've got the organizer just because it came with the vehicle I purchased. No choice. It's useless, and hurts the available cargo space. I put it in the trunk of my wife's G.

G2FX2EX
04-01-2008, 08:41 PM
Expressomac, thanks for your opinion on the cargo organizer. It confirms what I had been thinking. I very briefly looked at one and it seemed to do more damage to your capacity than good. Like you said if you don't carry much and want to keep a few groceries from spilling it seems it would be ok.

G2FX2EX, even though I am not likely to get an organizer I am still curious about the one you made reference to. Do you have a web link where I can see what you are talking about?

http://www.autoanything.com/Search/Index.aspx?ReturnPath=http://www.autoanything.com/Search/SearchResults.aspx&clickButton=1&query=cargo+organizers&x=1&y=1

EX4ME
04-01-2008, 11:31 PM
I agree about the cargo organizer not being worth it. But I can assure you the cargo protector is worth it. You can put anything in the back, wet, dirty, etc. then just pull it out, hose it off, clean it with a little soap if needed and put it right back in. Carpet stays clean and the clean up is a breeze. I would not own any vehicle without one.

G2FX2EX
04-02-2008, 11:32 AM
I agree about the cargo organizer not being worth it. But I can assure you the cargo protector is worth it. You can put anything in the back, wet, dirty, etc. then just pull it out, hose it off, clean it with a little soap if needed and put it right back in. Carpet stays clean and the clean up is a breeze. I would not own any vehicle without one.

I found an after market cargo organizer that covers the whole cargo area when the seats are folded flat. It is made of washable fabric and has pockets in it so that when the seat is folded up you have extra storage pockets on the back of it. For anything that would be potentially 'messy', I use a tarp. I had a cargo protector in my FX...it was wheat, and I had to cover it to keep it from getting dirty. :rolleyes:

espressomac
04-02-2008, 11:43 AM
I found an after market cargo organizer that covers the whole cargo area when the seats are folded flat. It is made of washable fabric and has pockets in it so that when the seat is folded up you have extra storage pockets on the back of it. For anything that would be potentially 'messy', I use a tarp. I had a cargo protector in my FX...it was wheat, and I had to cover it to keep it from getting dirty. :rolleyes:

Do you have a link or product name/number for the organizer. I'm guessing my wife is going to want a better solution for the organizer issue and the Infiniti organizer is going to end up in the small albeit very empty trunk of my Audi Convertible. :(

G2FX2EX
04-02-2008, 01:42 PM
The link for the organizer is in my post above...site is autoanything.com.

espressomac
04-02-2008, 03:13 PM
I take it it's the http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-liners/65A3207A0A0.aspx

Looks interesting. Thanks.

G2FX2EX
04-02-2008, 03:58 PM
I take it it's the http://www.autoanything.com/cargo-liners/65A3207A0A0.aspx

Looks interesting. Thanks.

You're welcome. Of particular note, the largest cargo organizer has netted side pockets, and one of the dividers is removable so that it can go from 3 segments to 2. It also has side handles so that it can be easily carried when full.

LEXA
04-03-2008, 09:53 AM
espressomac, Lorraine's work is amazing -that pic of the Snowy Egrets is a candidate for the cover of National Geographic! I also like the Roseate Spoonbill. Can't wait to see what she does with the EX. She's certainly got some killer equipment, but she's also got a great eye.

espressomac
04-03-2008, 10:13 AM
espressomac, Lorraine's work is amazing -that pic of the Snowy Egrets is a candidate for the cover of National Geographic! I also like the Roseate Spoonbill. Can't wait to see what she does with the EX. She's certainly got some killer equipment, but she's also got a great eye.

lexa,

You certainly know your birds. She loves bird photography. Actually, the Fight in Flight picture was just named one of the 2008 Top 100 Photographs by NANPA (North American Nature Photographers Assoc.). They published it in their annual magazine of the winners and is on their online showcase:

http://nanpa.org/showcase_gallery.php -- they rotate the order of the photos.

Are you a photographer as well?

She already has some thoughts on taking photographs of the EX -- she actually wants to do a nightime time exposure. Anyway, I'll be sure to post them as soon as she finds time to take them.

EXceptional Woman
04-03-2008, 11:27 AM
She actually wants to do a nightime time exposure. Anyway, I'll be sure to post them as soon as she finds time to take them.

Ooooo, exciting! Can't wait to see. I love looking at the EX. Wouldn't it be so cool if the AVM showed you what your car looks like while driving, from all angles :D? It's a shame we spend all that time inside (which is just as beautiful) and don't get to see how cool it looks on the outside while driving.

espressomac
04-08-2008, 02:35 PM
Well, although she's not completely happy with them, the first set of pictures my wife took are up. If I keep waiting for her to get past her 'test shots' it could be a while, so here is one:

http://web.mac.com/etorres/New_Voiture/Infiniti_EX35_Slideshow_files/miami-8477_2sm.jpg

And you can see the rest here:

http://web.mac.com/etorres/New_Voiture/Infiniti_EX35_Slideshow.html

and the gallery view:

http://gallery.mac.com/etorres#100062&view=mosaic&sel=0

The pictures on those will probably change over time.

LEXA
04-08-2008, 03:48 PM
YAY! Thanks espressomac. And thank Lorraine too. I love the one at Crandon Park in front of the trees (casuarinas?) because it reminds me of No Name Harbor just down the road from Crandon, where I've spent some time at anchor aboard a sailboat.

Hey, maybe one weekend yall could take it all the way down to Key West & snap the EX in front of the "Southernmost" buoy!:)

EXceptional Woman
04-08-2008, 05:24 PM
Absolutely gorgeous shots against the skyline. And your car is spotless!

Even the seagulls couldn't keep away from it (hopefully they stay somewhat at a distance though ;-)

Also, the roof rails look great on that color. They blend so well.

espressomac
04-09-2008, 05:28 PM
Thanks Lexa and Exceptional! I know she'll take some more pics -- maybe even some that she's proud of. I'm still waiting for that night shot. I'll add new pics to my page. If you want automatic notification of new pics through your browser all you have to do is subscribe to the photo album page:

To subscribe to the EX35 photo album:

Using a RSS capable browser (Internet Explorer 7.0+, Firefox 2.0+, Safari 3.1+ for Windows or Firefox and Safari for Mac), go to:

Click the Subscribe button on the upper right hand side.

In the dialog, choose one of the following:

via RSS: This allows you to view the album using your favorite RSS feed reader.

in iPhoto (for Mac folks): This causes the album to appear in your Source list.

Click OK.

Or you could just check every now and then....

Cloud9
04-18-2008, 10:35 AM
Well, although she's not completely happy with them, the first set of pictures my wife took are up. If I keep waiting for her to get past her 'test shots' it could be a while, so here is one:

http://web.mac.com/etorres/New_Voiture/Infiniti_EX35_Slideshow_files/miami-8477_2sm.jpg

And you can see the rest here:

and the gallery view:

http://gallery.mac.com/etorres#100062&view=mosaic&sel=0

The pictures on those will probably change over time.

Another beautiful EX on the road!!