PDA

View Full Version : Door locking horn sound or ??

jmess
04-01-2008, 10:10 AM
I bought a graphite 2wd this weekend. When I lock the doors with the key fob the horn sounds. I see in the manual where you can disable the horn notification for locking. I don't see any other options for locking. I would like to have just the parking lights flash when I lock the doors. Has anyone looked into this before?

waltaz
04-01-2008, 10:33 AM
I'm not sure about that, but I don't even use the fob; I just press the button on the door handle, it beeps (not the horn - a small beep) and I'm done. Don't even bother digging out the fob.

EXceptional Woman
04-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Nice pic Walt :-)

ianq
04-01-2008, 11:20 AM
Page 3-14 of the manual explains how to set so only hazard lights flash...

G2FX2EX
04-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Yes, follow the isntructions ianq references above. I also hate having the horn sound when I lock the doors. I wish more people would turn that off. there is an obsessive-compulsive lady at work that has to press the fob no less than 6 times every moorning to lock her door...this is in a parking garage where 500 more people are doing the same thing!

jmess
04-01-2008, 11:24 PM
Page 3-14 of the manual explains how to set so only hazard lights flash...

I missed this when I made my first pass through the manual. Too bad you can't have the hazards flash once when you unlock; seems a pretty low tech feature. Still not having to hear the stupid horn everytime you lock the door is a big improvement.