PDA

View Full Version : March 2008 - EX35 Sales Picking Up...

DrewSRX
04-01-2008, 06:20 PM
It looks like EX35 sales are picking up, only about 300 units behind the RDX and X3 now. IMO, the EX is even more of a niche vehicle than either the RDX or X3.

Luxury Cute-Ute's (March 2008)

1. Acura RDX - 1,757
2. BMW X3 - 1,732
3. Infiniti EX35 - 1,452

55,000 mile M
04-01-2008, 06:51 PM
i say give it another month or so and i think the sales might climb a little more. i like the ex i have seen a good amount of them here in my area.

waltaz
04-01-2008, 07:21 PM
Nice...I'm surprised to see the EX #'s so close to those of the RDX and X3. The March incentives did their job.

That said, I'm damn glad I leased mine in March with that 24-month lease deal. I have a feeling that's as good as it will get for a while.

kotoma
04-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Infiniti doesn't want to have a lot in stocks and know how to get them moved. A member here got it at 1.5K under invoice. My neighbor got an EX at 1.2K under invoice in central VA.
Same stories, this car is new, no discount blah, blah, blah and finally call back with a sweet deal.

Infiniti offered 9K off and 2 years free maintenance to move 07 M35/45 last month. Guess when the next generation come out, they will offer 15K off MSRP for EX35.

EX4ME
04-01-2008, 11:23 PM
They really had no way to go but up, 700 units in January, was really, really low, even for this type of vehicle. I would be willing to bet April will be closer to 1000 or less. They did not market this vehicle at all. When a new hot vehicle is going to hit the streets, you usually see a few commercials, over and over again. They finally launched a couple and I have only seen one on TV. Look at the Nissan Rogue, and the advertising it has gotten. Sure lower price, but still most folks know what the Nissan Rogue is or at least has heard of it. An Infiniti EX?? What is that? I get asked over and over. Also, it is going to appeal to a small demographic of folks, career driven females, with one or no kids.

I still have not seen one on the road yet. Including my own, since I won't let anyone else drive it just yet. And I love it, I am still unique in my area!!

jmess
04-02-2008, 12:00 AM
Infiniti doesn't want to have a lot in stocks and know how to get them moved. A member here got it at 1.5K under invoice. My neighbor got an EX at 1.2K under invoice in central VA.
Same stories, this car is new, no discount blah, blah, blah and finally call back with a sweet deal.

Infiniti offered 9K off and 2 years free maintenance to move 07 M35/45 last month. Guess when the next generation come out, they will offer 15K off MSRP for EX35.

I purchased a loaded 2wd for 1500 under invoice on Saturday. When I first talked to them 3 weeks ago I got the same thing: new car not offering any discounts. Thursday they received a truck load of EXs and their inventory jumped from 11 to 21. So I wasn't too surprised when I got a phone call Friday afternoon saying the deal desk was open. The dealer's staff couldn't have been nicer though and we agreed on a price within 10 minutes.

I would bet there will be some form of incentive for April; probably extend the current 2K and special lease rates.

G2FX2EX
04-02-2008, 11:34 AM
They really had no way to go but up, 700 units in January, was really, really low, even for this type of vehicle. I would be willing to bet April will be closer to 1000 or less. They did not market this vehicle at all. When a new hot vehicle is going to hit the streets, you usually see a few commercials, over and over again. They finally launched a couple and I have only seen one on TV. Look at the Nissan Rogue, and the advertising it has gotten. Sure lower price, but still most folks know what the Nissan Rogue is or at least has heard of it. An Infiniti EX?? What is that? I get asked over and over. Also, it is going to appeal to a small demographic of folks, career driven females, with one or no kids.

I still have not seen one on the road yet. Including my own, since I won't let anyone else drive it just yet. And I love it, I am still unique in my area!!

I have had my EX since December and I have yet to see another one on the road.

dumbluck
04-02-2008, 01:04 PM
I just came back from a vacation in Vancouver, and I saw at least 2-3 every day there. I rarely see them around here (Ohio).

espressomac
04-02-2008, 03:40 PM
Been looking for one since December, but still haven't seen one (except ours!). Which is odd since Miami folk love to have new and unique cars. I just get the feeling they don't know about 'em.