PDA

View Full Version : Need advice: 1999 G20 Exhaust

jfon
04-04-2008, 01:52 PM
Have a 99 G20T. Great car, about 110,000 miles but the exhaust system has now pretty much shot craps. My mechanic, who is amazing at saving me $, has been pulling his hair out trying to find a replacement system. So far only choice has been the Infiniti dealer, and we're talking $2000!!!

Does anyone make a resonably-priced replacement, or were these cars that rare?

Right now, he's replaced the converter and patched the rest to last a bit but I'm on borrowed time. I hope someone has some suggestions.

Thanks!

BorisT
04-14-2008, 08:16 PM
Where is the rust?

Why not have a local shop bend you up a replacement instead of using Infiniti parts. There are aftermarket options but they are expensive (Remus) or noisy/ricer like mufflers. What do you want?

Q45tech
04-16-2008, 10:36 AM
Junk yard especially in South without salt.

matt147
05-03-2008, 08:55 PM
Bosal makes stock replacement type exhaust systems for P11s for around $300ish. You can find them at almost any muffler shop and even on ebay. They won't last nearly as long as a factory system though. If you want something a little better contact VRS exhaust in Miami and get a 2.25" stainless system with a resonator and a Borla muffler, around $500 or so shipped. It will have a little more growl than a stock system but they sound great and should last the life of the car. The website is www.vrsexhaust.com. They don't list the P11 systems on the website but if you call they have them.

BorisT
05-08-2008, 01:20 PM
Bosal makes stock replacement type exhaust systems for P11s for around $300ish. You can find them at almost any muffler shop and even on ebay. They won't last nearly as long as a factory system though. If you want something a little better contact VRS exhaust in Miami and get a 2.25" stainless system with a resonator and a Borla muffler, around $500 or so shipped. It will have a little more growl than a stock system but they sound great and should last the life of the car. The website is www.vrsexhaust.com. They don't list the P11 systems on the website but if you call they have them.

Thanks for the suggestion!