PDA

View Full Version : What do your friends say about your EX?

EXceptional Woman
04-04-2008, 11:52 PM
Today is my 1 month anniversary :D. I love my EX more and more each day. Everyone loves it. How about your family & friends? Do you get tons of compliments, or lots of strange faces and questions about what it is? It seems like there is a lot of negativity on some of the other boards, so I'm curious how people react to the EX when they see yours (either friends/ family/ strangers observing when you drive by etc).

G2FX2EX
04-05-2008, 03:44 PM
My family and friends have all said great things about my EX. Believe me, none of them are shy about stating their opinions either.

As far as negative comments on other boards, I have found over the years that Internet forums seem to be an outlet for people to release steam. At least that is what I hope it is and that many of the hateful people I have seen in all kinds of forums aren't really that ugly. If so, I hope unloading on the Internet is keeping them from physically lashing out at the real people in their lives. It's a phenomenon like road rage...call it forum rage.

I personally have never understood arguing about a vehicle that I don't particularly like. I tend to just not talk about them instead of brow beating people who do like them. After all, isn't an enthusiast forum about being enthusiastic?

jmess
04-05-2008, 09:32 PM
My group seems puzzled about why I sold my C6 Corvette and bought an EX. The Corvette was an amazing car to drive but it became work to keep the speed near the flow of traffic; really boring after a while. The C6 also attracted a lot of attention. Just about every day I drove it somebody would do something stupid to show me they were the world's fastest driver stuck in a honda/vw/nissan/etc.

I like the EX because it handles like a car and it is fast enough. For the most part the EX blends in with the CUVs which is fine by me. During my daily commutes though I have found the EX seems to attract the attention of G35 drivers; they seem to have something to prove when they see the EX. I have also seen some juvenile behavior by X3 and X5 drivers.

espressomac
04-09-2008, 05:31 PM
We were over at a gathering at our friends house last night, when someone who had just arrived asked out loud to everyone, "So who bought the new EX out there?" :rolleyes:

Cloud9
04-15-2008, 08:11 AM
My friends and family love the the car. I have a feeling that one of my friends who owns a Jeep currently may be buying an EX. I was showing her my car last weekend and all the gadgets. She was so impressed with the look and quality of the car. Her lease is up in a couple of months so the EX is on her list.