PDA

View Full Version : EX Review: Cars.com 04.16.08

LEXA
04-16-2008, 06:50 PM
Check out the new 'Expert Review' of the EX by By Joe Wiesenfelder published today at cars.com (http://www.cars.com/go/crp/research.jsp?aff=national&revid=53117&makeid=20&modelid=9092&year=2008&revlogtype=19&section=reviews).

He was more impressed with the AVM than the Lane Departure Prevention system, and more delighted with the power folding seatback system than with the lack of leg room in the rear.

Excerpt:

The EX comes along at a good time. SUV and wagon devotees, like all motorists, are looking to save money on gas, and they're more likely to make a move to a smaller or more efficient SUV than to, say, a compact car. We at Cars.com were all impressed with the EX, with the driving experience and, especially, its Around View Monitor. There's more than enough to recommend it. When you scrutinize the utility aspect of it, though, the emphasis clearly is on sport. View it as a sport wagon, and you might find more sport than wagon, too.

EXceptional Woman
04-17-2008, 01:15 PM
Thanks again LEXA. You are so great at staying on top of those reviews that I don't even search online for them anymore :-)

I thought the measurement comparisons were really interesting to help us figure out what this thing really is. It's officially between a crossover and a wagon.

LEXA
04-17-2008, 03:36 PM
ExWoman, when I was scouring online inventories at various dealerships across the country in search of a model equipped with the elusive Luxe Elite package, I was kinda surprised to find out that the dealers themselves didn't agree on how to classify the EX's body style. It was just as often classified as a wagon as it was an SUV.Click here for an example (http://www.westhoustoninfiniti.jamtb.com/VehicleSearchResults?search=new&trim=&make=Infiniti&model=EX35&widget-catcher=&sortDir=asc&sortCol=bodyStyle).

And some insurance companies are classifying it as a wagon as well, which in turn usually means reduced premiums for the policy holder.