PDA

View Full Version : A/C seats?

pjw1967
04-19-2008, 05:45 PM
I was going to try to talk my wife into an EX, but AFAICT, no a/c seats, just heated. True? Thanks.

LEXA
04-20-2008, 07:42 AM
No AC, unfortunately. The only car I tested that had that was the Lincoln MKX and it was absoutely sublime! Honestly, I almost signed on the dotted line right there & then because of those cool seats.

I think now the only way I'd ever buy dark upholstery, which is much better from a maintenance standpoint, is if a car had that feature. (Plus remote start so you can get it chilling before you get in!).

If I were to do a wish lish for the EX's first refresh, that would be on top of my list. And a panoramic roof just like the MRX has as well. And the remote operated liftgate.

kotoma
04-21-2008, 10:33 AM
I think that feature is for higher model, like M and FX.

EXceptional Woman
04-21-2008, 12:30 PM
I think that feature is for higher model, like M and FX.
I'm not sure about that...I don't think of the FX as a higher model than the EX. Isn't the only difference size and engine? I wouldn't consider the M or FX any more luxurious than the G and EX, it all depends on which features you add.

colt45
04-21-2008, 12:41 PM
New FX will have it. 1st & 2nd gen M's have it. Q's after 03 on ^ can have it. Being 1000% honest with you all, Infiniti has the worst 'cooled' seats in the industry & some of the worst when it comes to 'heated'. My cheap Monte Carlo heated seats are easily twice as warm in the 'low'(only 2 settings, high & low) setting as my M is on 4 (the highest setting). I do stereo work and hence, drive many different cars. The US cars seem to be the coolest, literally. I have to say that I haven't driven S550 or LS460 yet, so I can't say if they're better or worse, but I would guess better. Before springing the extra $, make sure you see it as worth it, as in hindsight, I don't(on my car).

G2FX2EX
04-21-2008, 01:18 PM
The heated seats in my FX, and now in my EX work just fine. The heated/cooled seats in my Lexus GS work great too!

EXceptional Woman
04-21-2008, 02:39 PM
The heated seats in my FX, and now in my EX work just fine. The heated/cooled seats in my Lexus GS work great too!

Wow, you have all the cars I hope to someday own. That GS is amazing. I always stop and stare when I see one.

colt45
04-21-2008, 04:47 PM
Totally off topic, but for the GS. My coworker just fender bendered her brand new GS350. Backed into her husband's car in the driveway because he's 'usually' gone by the time she leaves. The rearview mirror, back up cam, and back up sensors still won't make a car idiot proof! LOL. And I agree, Lexus A/C seats are 'cooler' than Infinitis. But per my original rant, every other car I've been in that had them, were cooler than any Infiniti I've been in with them.

LEXA
04-21-2008, 07:53 PM
Backed into her husband's car in the driveway because he's 'usually' gone by the time she leaves.

LOL!!!! Lemmee guess.....blonde?:rolleyes:

LEXA
04-21-2008, 08:33 PM
While looking for new reviews to post here, I came across an article from the Toronto Star yesterday, 10 high-tech auto trailblazers (http://www.wheels.ca/article/222253), which cites the EX for its AVM, but gives the Cadillac DTS a nod for its AC seats (though it doesn't really explain why they're any better than any of the others on the market.)

pjw1967
04-21-2008, 09:06 PM
Thanks for the responses. We had the a/c seats in our 03 M45 and now in our 06 M35. They work fine, which is a good thing in Texas for 9 months of the year. I'll skip the details and only say that HRR is at the age where any type of cooling is good.....

LEXA
04-21-2008, 11:45 PM
LOL! Listen, I'm in Texas too & age has nothing to do with it. I've been having hot flashes since I moved here in my teens!

PS) what does HRR stand for? Other than the Henley Royal Regatta, I mean. ;-)

woozzh
04-22-2008, 08:47 AM
Lexa, What part of Texas? I heard some ladies talking the other night in a dialect we do not hear much in this part of Texas and asked "What part of Texas are you from ?" The reply was "France."

Where did you buy? I am in Abilene and it is within 4 miles of each other to Austin Infiniti and Grubbs in Ft. Worth.

I was really dissapointed the listings of inventory dealers have is not actually what they have in stock.

LEXA
04-22-2008, 01:16 PM
Agreed woozzh! I am part time in Central & part time in SE, but spend time in Dallas too so I had my pick of about eight or nine dealerships . (Speak french too,lol!)

Looked all over Texas & beyond trying to get what I wanted & the nutty inventory tracking situation you mention had me tearing my hair out. I cannot tell you how much time I wasted on wild goose chases for non-existent vehicles. Eventually I had to forego the March incentives & do a factory order.

After a while, it started to become the principle of the thing for me. So help me, I was gonna get that darned coat hangar if it killed me! :mad:

(What can I say? I'm hopelessly shallow.):D

colt45
04-22-2008, 04:10 PM
Thanks for the responses. We had the a/c seats in our 03 M45 and now in our 06 M35. They work fine, which is a good thing in Texas for 9 months of the year. I'll skip the details and only say that HRR is at the age where any type of cooling is good..... Cool, if you're happy, then that's all that matters. I will say some A/C is definitely better than no A/C, it's just not on par with the comp.

espressomac
04-22-2008, 09:26 PM
Agreed woozzh! I am part time in Central & part time in SE, but spend time in Dallas too so I had my pick of about eight or nine dealerships . (Speak french too,lol!)

Looked all over Texas & beyond trying to get what I wanted & the nutty inventory tracking situation you mention had me tearing my hair out. I cannot tell you how much time I wasted on wild goose chases for non-existent vehicles. Eventually I had to forego the March incentives & do a factory order.

After a while, it started to become the principle of the thing for me. So help me, I was gonna get that darned coat hangar if it killed me! :mad:

(What can I say? I'm hopelessly shallow.):D

I recall reading that they only plan to make 300 of the coat hanger versions of the EX35 and that it would be by special order only. Does that coincide with what you've been witnessing? I can't remember where I read it but it was on one of the online reviews of the EX35.

LEXA
04-25-2008, 08:06 PM
espressomac: I didn't read that, nor did any of my many dealers tell me that, but it jibes with reality, because in the end I had to get it through special order.

FA member IanQ has it but he's in Canada & I think models equipped with it on the lot were much more plentifully available up there.

Maybe Infiniti thinks Americans are sloppy & we don't need it as much as Canadians do, I dunno....;-)

espressomac
04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
I did a quick search again to see if I could find the article where I read that, but couldn't find it. The reason it stuck in my mind was, "Um, that's odd. They make a big deal of the coat hanger by putting it on their commercial, but they're only going to make 300 of them?" Anyway, probably a moot point now, but if I run across it again, I'll let you know Must be nice to be the only kid on the block (or state) with that feature.

ClayCalgary
04-26-2008, 12:56 AM
The Coat Hanger saga continues...

what is so bizaare here in Canada is the way Infiniti packages their options. To get the coat hanger, you have to opt first for the journey package (a $1,600 option) + the custom leather package ($3,100) which...OK isn't a bad deal for options (see www.infiniti.ca (http://www.infiniti.ca)). But when you go to the dealer they then tell you that they only carry the custom package in their inventory with the Navi and Tech packages and that unless you want to special order it and wait months (God, I'm ADHD...waiting is not my thing!), can't have the coat hanger. Sooo, Journey+custom+Navi+Tech means $10,250 of options. Fork out the dough and you will have the elusive yet precious coat hanger that will hold your clearance sale coat that you had to fight tooth and nail for with the "isle 10 shoppers" at Wal-Mart Emporium of Crap that you needed desperately in order to afford the coat hanger.
Maybe this is the reason why they are only making 300 of them to appease the poor folks walking around with their irregular size, fuschia, bedazzled, sweat-inducing polyester "George, Jordache, and 725" brand jackets.

Disclaimer: Any relation to Infiniti owners that subscribe to this forum with the coat hanger option who shop at Wal-Mart for irregular size, fuschia, bedazzled, sweat-inducing polyester "George, Hordache, and 725" brand jackets are purely coincidental. :hanged:

LEXA
04-26-2008, 09:17 AM
Watch it, Clay! I resemble that remark! :mad: (J/K)

Actually come to think of it I do: one of the banes of my life has been getting jeans long enough in smaller sizes. A couple of years ago Wal-Mart carried 36" inseams all the way down to size 1 for $11. I stocked up on 1's, 3's & 5's (for skinny, regular & fat days) in three different washes each. I love getting compliments on them from women wearing their $200 jeans & seeing their faces when I say I got them at walmart for under twelve bucks!

Hey, I may be shallow, but I'm pretty thrifty too, so I think I deserve the *%^&ing hanger!:D

espressomac
04-26-2008, 09:42 AM

Hey, I may be shallow, but I'm pretty thrifty too, so I think I deserve the *%^&ing hanger!:D

Hysterically funny, LEXA. Just cracked me up.

ClayCalgary
04-26-2008, 08:32 PM

Actually come to think of it I do: one of the banes of my life has been getting jeans long enough in smaller sizes. A couple of years ago Wal-Mart carried 36" inseams all the way down to size 1 for $11. I stocked up on 1's, 3's & 5's (for skinny, regular & fat days) in three different washes each. I love getting compliments on them from women wearing their $200 jeans & seeing their faces when I say I got them at walmart for under twelve bucks!

I see Lexa's Infiniti EX35 with optional coat hanger.
http://i108.photobucket.com/albums/n6/darimarvan/tn_8086_Hanger1.jpg

Say what?? dig deeper! :D

LEXA
04-27-2008, 08:19 AM
:eek: Heaven forfend, Clay, not I - my mama taught me better than that!

"No ....wire....hangers.....EVER!!!!!!"

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/0d/Nowirehangers.jpg

:p

EXceptional Woman
04-27-2008, 10:19 PM
OMG, this is the funniest thread ever!!!! Hey LEXA, I would love to have just one of your "fat days" in a size 5! ;-) I do hear ya on the inseams, what's a tall girl to do!?

ClayCalgary
04-27-2008, 10:21 PM
:eek: Heaven forfend, Clay, not I - my mama taught me better than that!

"No ....wire....hangers.....EVER!!!!!!"

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/0/0d/Nowirehangers.jpg

:p

:sign_muahaha:Lovin it!