PDA

View Full Version : Uncomfortable Headrest

zweebach
04-27-2008, 09:24 PM
Does any one else find the it difficult to adjust the front seat headrests to a comfortable position? Both my wife and I feel they are tilted too far forward. So far the best choice appears to be flipping the headrests around backward. I don't know why we didn't notice it during test drives or on other visits, but now the position just doesn't seem right. Does anybody else feel this way?

-steve

jmess
04-27-2008, 10:36 PM
May not help but try adjusting the lumbar support, it might reposition your back. I personally have no complaints about the head rests.

The quirk that I have found is when I get everything adjusted the way I like it, the steering wheel blocks my view of the speedometer above 60 MPH. I didn't notice this during the test drive.

EXceptional Woman
04-28-2008, 01:40 PM
The quirk that I have found is when I get everything adjusted the way I like it, the steering wheel blocks my view of the speedometer above 60 MPH. I didn't notice this during the test drive.

Me too. I have long legs and a short torso. I set my seat all the way back and all the way up, and totally miss the top of the speedometer. Think that will get us out of a ticket someday? :cool:

Comdet
04-28-2008, 05:55 PM
Me too. I have long legs and a short torso. I set my seat all the way back and all the way up, and totally miss the top of the speedometer. Think that will get us out of a ticket someday? :cool:

That is exactly my situation as well! Seat all the way back plus raised up = partially hidden speedometer. Perhaps the next EX will have the movable instrument pod as found in the GX - very convenient feature.

In the meantime, Iím practicing my most sincere "...but officer, it wasnít my fault....." just in case.

EXceptional Woman
04-28-2008, 06:49 PM
In the meantime, Iím practicing my most sincere "...but officer, it wasnít my fault....." just in case.

Hahaha! We are the funniest in this forum.

jmess
04-28-2008, 11:22 PM
Instead of the movable pod a head ups display would project the speed in your front windshield. I thought the HUD was kind of silly when I first got my former Vette. After a few weeks with the HUD I really liked it. Same thing with the around view on the EX. I never would have ordered a car with it but after a few weeks I am starting to appreciate it.

Edubz
07-31-2008, 08:22 AM
My wife and I just took delivery on an EX on Tuesday. As a driver 6'3" I've found it uncomfortable to "rest" my head on the headrests on most cars because they don't tilt forward enough (with the exception of cars with articulated headrests like Mercedes). The EX's headrests seem perfect for me. BTW, I totaled my 06 M35x and am leaving that forum section for this one. We're getting the same reaction I got when I first picked up my 03 FX35 when they first came out. Lots of thumbs up!

2008 EX Premium/Nav
Dark Currant/Stone

Mike995134
07-31-2008, 10:46 AM
Does any one else find the it difficult to adjust the front seat headrests to a comfortable position? Both my wife and I feel they are tilted too far forward. So far the best choice appears to be flipping the headrests around backward. I don't know why we didn't notice it during test drives or on other visits, but now the position just doesn't seem right. Does anybody else feel this way?

-steve

I must say that I like the headrest and moveable instrument cluster pod in my G somewhat better. I too find that the headrest in my EX is tilted a little too far forward for my liking. But after 2-weeks with the EX I'm used to it.

I've also noticed the same thing in our Honda CR-V ... but that headrest is titlted much further forward.

FWIW ... When I asked the Honda service guy about it last year, he said that the manufactuers are pretty much required to design the headrests in this new position to comply with the Federal crash (head protection) standards. So you're going to see the same in all cars as they are redesigned.

Cheers ..... Mike

AWGD8
09-27-2008, 08:25 AM
I have no problem with mine though. Either you have a large head or no neck -- just teasing....

Cloud9
10-01-2008, 10:12 PM
I actually have removed my headrest (I know I know it not safe in case of an accident) because it really bothers my neck. It's tilted too far for me...maybe it's my height but I've adjusted my seat & headrest every which way and cannnot get use to the headrest. I then removed it and what a relief!

SMac
01-07-2009, 05:33 AM
Had a loaner EX last month while my G was being serviced. Yeah, that completely killed any idea of getting an EX next. The headrest/seatback was entirely too uncomfortable, and the non-existant rear corner visibility was unsettling.

JTHunter
08-23-2010, 01:27 AM
I think one should take the head rest out and look for a way to find an alternate better designed one that fits, then if the upholstery doesn't look right cut the fabric off and replace it with the other ones...

Definitely though, this is a huge problem. Not only is it stupidly designed, it's compromising the back in an accident, because the back is no longer firmly agasint the seat. Cuase I've been reading and it looks as if alot of weirdos are just throwing the seat way back and seating up away from it all. Just kind of supporting theirselves without a back rest... I say to that, those people don't drive more than 10 miles a week and that will be dangerous in a wreck also.

One could bet you'd make a million dollars if you opened a custom headrest business that alters them to a normal comfortable design and still keeps the same fabric.

PepsiGuru
08-23-2010, 06:59 PM
I just don't like the fact that if I lean into the headrest it messes up my hair.

LOL j/k'ing . .couldn't resist